Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

yeah wont get much shrinkage at all better yet get the one wash one's...i dont think you need to soak these 5010 even when theyre raw.. i wore mine off the package just washed it 2 days ago didnt shrink at all

i have a pair of skulls in the mail. s5507xx one wash. i am wondering if i need to cold soak these before i start putthing them to work.

No you don't. They're one-wash model and they have gone through one serious no-nonsense will-take-all -the-shrinkage-away wash. Just wear them. 5507 is my favourite Skull cut now... :)

Wanted more information on why both my whitey legs were twisting and got this email from Shinichi-san:

Yeah, maybe you know, that's a proof to be using true vintage power

loom.

we like it as the vintage style.

In your information,

of course our jeans are sanforized except 5000XX.

however, it's soft sanforized because it keeps the vintage taste on

denim.

the twist amount seems to be different depending on color kind or

denim kind.

though black takes the twist a lot. indigo and gray take the twist a

little.

the white denim is same type as the black denim.

I hope you like it.

I think this answers a few questions but raises more, like what is "soft" sanforization?

but....it does indeed have a bootcut...

You are correct sir, you are correct ... I'm still prepared to fight the corner of the 5508 though.

Don't see the leg opening as necessarily a bad thing. I still have a bit of stacking going on as hard as it maybe to believe. Maybe made for the slightly wider individual?

Just like me.

You are of course correct ... there is indeed a difference of 8cm in the hems of the two models; meaning obviously the skinnier 5010 is better suited for stacking. Point conceded.

I guess I'm not in the best position to comment on it considering I only have the 5508 to wear. I really like my 5508s though and i think they're coming on well, as I'm sure everyones 5010s are too ... those who haven't experienced busted crotches etc on whatever model they choose to wear.

Yes sir! Just a quick mention, anyone who's in the area really needs to check out "OT&Emotional." It's pretty close by (close to the A.P.C. store) and stocks a bunch of good shit, Iron Heart, Flat Head, Skull, Warehouse/Dubbleworks, Red Moon, Buzz Rickson and Sugarcane. Superdenim paradise?

im liking that leg twist on the whites; and shinichi says the blacks have a greater leg twist?

i am definitely interested in 5010 blacks, but the mention of the shitty stitching keep me at bay because i am not much of a fan of repairs...

how many people who wear skulls actually have issues with the stitching?

my stitching broke, but it was cut by my keys being pulled out of a tight front pocket, not really a fault of the threading

other than that, they have been holding up great

I had some minor leg twist when I first got my Skulls, but after a cold soak, the inseams appear to fall fairly straight down.

dont know if they were reffering to anyone in particular,but i remember asked the same if shinichisan was there.they said he lives/works at nakagemuro flagship. those two dudes were working there right? did they offer you espresso while they were chainstiching your jeans? haha.

fyi,dont know fi they fixed it yet but the nakgemuro shop has problems wiht thier credit card machine.so i had to pay in Yen.

Went to Fab Four in Harajuku today. It was great. Really nice shop! Really fast chainstiching too. Asked if Shinichi-san was in for kicks and they said he was Naka-meguro at the main office....followed by a "Superfuture?"

:)

ot& e is a cool shop,the two girl SA's there were pretty cool.some redmoons,i was going to get a black red moon leatrher bracelet,but they only had natural left.

btw,theres a deli shop across ot&e. makes great bagel sandwhiches.

also,dont know if you checked it out yet,but Smart Clothing is pretty dope also.Alot of the same jeans, like pherrows, warehouse etc.They also have some cool boots from toys mccoys.

Yes sir! Just a quick mention, anyone who's in the area really needs to check out "OT&Emotional." It's pretty close by (close to the A.P.C. store) and stocks a bunch of good shit, Iron Heart, Flat Head, Skull, Warehouse/Dubbleworks, Red Moon, Buzz Rickson and Sugarcane. Superdenim paradise?