Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

Just about to join the skull club. Got a pair of 5010's, raw with red tab off ebay heading my way. Looking forward to wearing 'em in!

Is anyone here wearing LOT 5000XX? I got these awhile ago and planning to wear them from november. Wouldnt mind seeing some worn pairs from around here.

These are terrible fit pictures because of the lighting and the fact it was about 8:30am. They are RAW btw.

dscf3312fw0.th.jpg

dscf3313lr5.th.jpg

dscf3314or9.th.jpg

Also any light blue spots you see are from my camera/lighting.

Just about to join the skull club. Got a pair of 5010's, raw with red tab off ebay heading my way. Looking forward to wearing 'em in!

I was watching those, so you are the Jerk that bid them up!! I was hoping to get a steal on them. Sweet score on those, I am actually pretty jealous. I wish I could say they were coming to me.

5010xx aged 14 months

i think 8 washes, some ocean, some machine, some hand

P1010428.jpg

P1010436.jpg

P1010435.jpg

P1010434.jpg

P1010432.jpg

P1010431.jpg

P1010430.jpg

Repair work looks awesome klue, what's up with the multicolor thread?

i found a huge spool at goodwill, i think its wool, the colors are very muted and seem to be natural dyes, each section of color is about three inches and the fades into the next.

im getting ready to order mine, probably go true to size, couldnt find any on ebay though:(..just one more question, should these be pre soaked?

if you dont mind some of the honeycombs shifting, rockem raw, if you want them to stay in the same spot, i recomend boiling soak off the bat

need some advice on whether to soak my skulls...

after a stupid drunken escapade a couple weeks ago i woke up to find one of my 5010xx legs covered in dry mud. i was able to brush most of it off, and for the most part, its not too visible unless you really look closely. its only from the knee down on the front right leg, but i'm wondering if this will affect how they fade?

what do you think? will a warm soak get it out?

need some advice on whether to soak my skulls...

after a stupid drunken escapade a couple weeks ago i woke up to find one of my 5010xx legs covered in dry mud. i was able to brush most of it off, and for the most part, its not too visible unless you really look closely. its only from the knee down on the front right leg, but i'm wondering if this will affect how they fade?

what do you think? will a warm soak get it out?

i would use a fingernail brush with a little water. i takes a little indigo but not much, its better than washing the whole thing. you'll get more dynamic fades

I went to a tailor to hem my Skull yesterday(A denim store highly recommend). I just found out that he used single stitch, not chain stitch.

A friend of mine told me that I just wasted that nice jean.

Is chain stitch that important? And why it's so important.

Thanks~

Chain stitch doesn't really mean anything, don't worry about it.

Some people believe chainstitching makes roping occur faster?

But roping and stuff will occur anyway, nothing to worry about. :)

in my opinion, a good chainstitch is a nostalgic characteristic of vintage jeans. (IMO) if you're super emphatic about vintage and repro jeans, a chainstitch is like a must. Although theres a consensus that a chainstitch is a much stronger stitch, I cannot vouch for it or have an opinion on that yet.

But since skulls 5010 isn't a repro and a modern cut, a chainstitch doesn't matter in my opinion. (IMO)

in my opinion, a good chainstitch is a nostalgic characteristic of vintage jeans. (IMO) if you're super emphatic about vintage and repro jeans, a chainstitch is like a must. Although theres a consensus that a chainstitch is a much stronger stitch, I cannot vouch for it or have an opinion on that yet.

But since skulls 5010 isn't a repro and a modern cut, a chainstitch doesn't matter in my opinion. (IMO)