Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

Looks pretty good Ph3n!

I managed to take a picture of the stitching problem at the knees:

snv80150jf5.jpg

I noticed that it's a pretty common problem, while these doesn't even fit me so tight. Is it hard to reinforce this when it breaks? I think it will rip in about a month or two.

yeah i have this on my pair of skulls. i think they should be fine, mine are.

so my skulls had a few places that looked like the stitching was gonna come out soon, like the back pocket and inner crotch area. i performed some superglue (CA) reinforcement on the stiches that looked loose. it's been a week and it seems to be holding up. anyone think this is a bad idea?

Hey I live in Seattle and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to how to get a pair of 5010 6x6 with the red tab, since it isn't possible get them with the tab in any retail store in the US. It'd be nice to get them with the red tag with the skulls to make them that much more legit. The question has probably been asked but I'd really appreciate your help.

GOOD NEWS

Shinichi told me that sometime next year they are gonna release a new model (or new models) with stronger stitching, using mixed spun yarn. he says the current model (or models) with cotton stitching will be renamed the "skulls classic".

I hope they keep the exact same cut on the 5010s, and same denims!!!! I will buy a pair for sure!! and I hope they come out quick!!!!

does anybody know the status of these "updated" skulls? my 5010xx 6x6's (at 4 months) are seriously falling apart but i love the fit too much to get anything else.

I can do it, but Ruach works at the store that sells them He should be your first option. If not PM me.

Mine didnt shrink after a wash, which is unfortunate because I lost tons of weight and stretched them out while I was wearing them.

CROSS POST FROM EVO THREAD

here are some skull 5507 that I wore for my summer job. Worn probably 6-7 months everyday HARD. I worked feed store at a hardware store and was always on my feet. Two washes. These things fit like a dream when I first got them but after the second wash it shrunk up so much and they came one wash which i don't understand. The crotch held up well as you can see too. Anyways if anyone wants to buy them pm me as I have no use for them anymore. Size 29x31

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

does anyone know where i can find these jeans in blue indigo as opposed to the black that selfedge has right now?

thanks!

if the US shops are out of indigo right now, you can always order them directly from fabfour for the same price (if not slightly cheaper.) when i bought mine i'm pretty sure the total came out to around $205. e-mail shinichi dozono -- [email protected]. he's fluent in english so he can help you with any sizing information you may need.

also if you just happen to be from canada (judging by your user name!!) then you can get the red tab version as opposed to the cross edition, since the red tab is only "outlawed" in north america.

Guest Montreal
if the US shops are out of indigo right now, you can always order them directly from fabfour for the same price (if not slightly cheaper.) when i bought mine i'm pretty sure the total came out to around $205. e-mail shinichi dozono -- [email protected]. he's fluent in english so he can help you with any sizing information you may need.

also if you just happen to be from canada (judging by your user name!!) then you can get the red tab version as opposed to the cross edition, since the red tab is only "outlawed" in north america.

thanks for the info.

but yes, canada is part of north america, so i am confoozled?

Cross-Post from "how do jeans fit..." thread

Another Skull 5010xx 6x6 raw fit post

Size 29 - 6"/185cm, 135lb/61kg

First wear:

th_IMG_0839a.jpgth_IMG_0833a.jpg

2 months - softened / loosened up a bit:

th_Picture10a.jpg

...I'm a bit undecided about the fit still, but I've kind of committed to myself to wear these until they blow up anyway. I am also having troubles deciding what kind of shoes go well with these. I bought some wallabees (pictured) but I've only worn them a few times b/c I think they are a bit luggish with the straight slim leg and I have to wear a roll to make them look right at all.

does anyone know where i can find these jeans in blue indigo as opposed to the black that selfedge has right now?

thanks!

We do have the indigo ones:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=70&products_id=204

haha since when is canada not a part of north america?

americans and their horrendous geography (yeah yeah, i know what you meant enojy)

that being said, eddy, those look nice.

guilty as charged :P by north america, i mistakingly meant the united states exclusively.

edit: that sentence also makes little sense but i'm tired!!!!! AHHHHH anyway, as long as you don't live in one of the united states, you can get the red tab.

edit2: what i REALLY meant was... as long as the jeans aren't shipped to one of the united states... sneaky sneaky...

I think the wallys and the Skull's look good money.

Did you size up on the 5010's?

Yeah I sized up from a 28 to a 29 on the skulls. The pictures above only show the 29s. They have loosened up considerably in 2 months but not to the point of being too big - they are just right now.

thanks for the info.

but yes, canada is part of north america, so i am confoozled?

enojy meant that if youre not in the US, you can get the original red tab.

i think the levi's lawsuit for the tabs/arcuates is only applicable to the good ol' US of A.

you'd have to order from fabfour though. selfedge & BiG both have tabs cut off.

btw, big ups to kiya & his patience. i didnt realize there was a skull thread and he was unbelievably helpful in helping me pick a size. the fit is dead on. thanks again kiya!

I like, sized down a tiny bit for the 29s (5507s) and they are fine. I've done like 5 or 6 hot soaks over about 10-11 months and they have consistently measured about a 32 inch waist. After soaks, they shrink around half an inch, but stretch back normally.

Ill take some pics of them in good lighting and show you guys.

And those skull shirts are sooo dope