supercollegelife: funny facts, rant, photos, help, stuff...

freecat

Any more engineers on supertalk? It honestly suprised me when jj said she did mech eng( what im studying). Supposedly there is a huge shortage of mechanical engineers in germany as per my relatives. I didnt really think engineers were the type to visit a forum like supertalk.

maybe you should rethink why you are at college?

there are only two valid reasons really

1) pursuit of knowledge

2) getting money

I'm mostly here to make my parents happy. They are paying for it and have given me a lot in my life. I figure that, even though I don't much feel like I need to be here, I can put up with it for a few years to appease them.

I am happy.

Job offered and accepted.

55k + 4-10k bonus guaranteed.

Nashville, TN - ridiculous low cost of living

<3 engineering. (CmpE)

Only a 2.8 GPA

Graduating on December 13th

Top things I learned about job-searching...

go to career fairs

get an internship

work hard at your internship

Hmm, I guess I will post my schedule, I know its late, but oh well. This semester is just filling in a few holes and electives.

Sociology MWF 9:05-9:55 (cake)

Psychology MWF 12:20-1:10 (cake)

Complex Variable TR 8:00-9:20 (easier than expected)

Distributed Computing TR 9:30-10:50 (D for diploma)

Artificial Intelligence TR 1:30-2:50 (cake teacher)

So I'm starting to get accepted to some colleges that aren't obvious winners and I couldn't think of a better group to ask about their different merits than you guys. So what are your impressions and opinions on the following schools: University of Utah, University of Oregon, Western Washington University, and Northern Arizona University? Thanks for any responses.

I am happy.

Job offered and accepted.

55k + 4-10k bonus guaranteed.

Nashville, TN - ridiculous low cost of living

<3 engineering. (CmpE)

Only a 2.8 GPA

Graduating on December 13th

Top things I learned about job-searching...

go to career fairs

get an internship

work hard at your internship

Hmm, I guess I will post my schedule, I know its late, but oh well. This semester is just filling in a few holes and electives.

Sociology MWF 9:05-9:55 (cake)

Psychology MWF 12:20-1:10 (cake)

Complex Variable TR 8:00-9:20 (easier than expected)

Distributed Computing TR 9:30-10:50 (D for diploma)

Artificial Intelligence TR 1:30-2:50 (cake teacher)

As an English major, I will be pleased to break the $35k mark.

ucla herrrrr

hardest and most time consuming class is my art class imo. and its one of the easiest classes on campus. i got an A on the midterm but im freaking out for some reason. plus we have to go to outside performances that suck dick.

class is chill though.

my chem and math class are really easy. i hate how people on my floor 1) study for days before tests and 2) brag a shitload. staring at the same shit for days wont improve your grade...they just lack confidence.

im glad that all of my professors were good this quarter. each of em has a bit of fallback in case you do poorly on something (chem you can drop a quiz, math midterm can be dropped if final score is higher, art has EC).

signing up for classes is a bitch. i had priority but my sign up time was so late that i got shit. luckily i got into all of my classes first pass and my schedule is better this quarter.

As an English major, I will be pleased to break the $35k mark.

im in the social sciences so thats where i stand as well

my plan is to go into hr where theres at least some money

the bad news is most graduates dont manage to do that

the good news is i have an internship in hr at a large pharma company lined up

when i have a few years of experience i would like to move to consulting and make big money

ive pretty much accepted that fashion/art/design will have to be something i stick to outside of work instead of living the life/living the dream

but hopefully ill go to grad school in london or new york so who knows what type of opportunities there will be

I'm going to go to a community college for 2yrs, then, once I graduate, transfer to a 4-year university. I was hoping I could get into a private university, but I don't think my chances would be very high transferring from a CC & all. :(

Um, why? If you throw down and own the shit out of all your classes you can get in anywhere.

I stayed at UT to please my parents. $40k later, and living in Dallas, I'm regretting having done that.

a) I wouldn't terribly mind living in Dallas if it weren't for the fact that most of the places I'd REALLY like to work are elsewhere.

B) I wouldn't like school any more anywhere else, I don't think, so that's not really an issue.

c) sweet jesus, please let the computers hold out for us after the games next week. please please please please please