Imperial Jeans

nairb49

OK... I haven't soaked my Kings, but I did wash them after 6 or 7 months of wear.

My blue ones shrank by almost exactly 1" in length -- the lines where they were cuffed sit that far above the hem now, and they're exactly the right length uncuffed.

My black pair seem to have shrunk slightly less, although maybe they weren't hemmed as much to begin with. Going by the old cuff-lines, though, it's still about three quarters of an inch. I turn these ones up slightly at the bottom now to avoid dragging.

As far as waist goes, they were both a little snug initially after the washes, but settled back in after less than a day's wear each -- very comfortable, much more so than pre-wash.

is it just me or does imperial denim and nudie denim look similar. I dont own a pair of imperials, can anyone clarify this.

I don't think so. Nudies have overly long pockets (not a fan) while imperials have big well proportioned pockets. The colours are completely different. I don't like the hues + thread colour matching on nudies. The cuts are different. Well, there are only two imperial cuts and I haven't seen all the nudie cuts worn but I don't think I've seen anything like an imperial duke cut on any other jeans.

Hey guys,

This is my first post on Superfuture.

Just got my first pair of raw denims, a pair of Dukes waist 28 about 3 weeks ago.

Initially took 10-15 minutes to get all the buttons on, but they have since stretched out to a comfortable size and the buttons don't give me any trouble at all.

Pictures of the fit...ROAR!!

DSC00316.jpgDSC00315.jpg

DSC00314.jpg

Got my Kings back from hemming yesterday and gave them a cold soak to shrink them a bit, dried overnight.

I like the fit. I also have a pair of sz31 ralfs that are about 9 months old.

The Ralfs look good, but their tightness and lower rise were becoming somewhat constricting. I gained some muscle while breaking them in and they were tight to begin with. I'll get pics of those later if anyone cares. I am debating whether to give them their first wash because I'm positive they'll turn out looking pretty awesome and could use a cleaning, but I don't know if they'll fit afterwards without some major restretching. After I patch up the busted crotch I'll likely do it.

The Kings are size 32, Self Edge hemmed about 4 or 5 inches off them. Basically I rolled them to a half inch past heel length (to leave some room for shoe heels and shortening from gathering in the knees) and unrolled an inch to account for shrinkage, and the length is now perfect. Their higher rise and slightly looser leg (sitting down I can pinch about an inch or two of denim in the thigh, as compared to like an inch or less on my ralfs) are much more comfortable, I don't feel like I am fighting to move my legs in these, but they still fit nicely.

I look forward to breaking em in!

kingsit1.jpg