Imperial Jeans

nairb49

First post...

I love the look of the Imperial Dukes - seriously one of the nicest looking jeans I've ever seen. I'm going to be coming down to San Francisco in July so I'm definately going to stop by and pick up a pair of the Dukes from the Self Edge shop.... as long as I can control myself until then...

If I can't (entirely possible), and have to order them online, do you still suggest you size up 2 sizes from normal? Napoleon said he actually sized down on his Dukes...

you'd be in big trouble if you sized up...

all tag sizes are -1 in the waist

so whatever you want the waist to be size down 1...

all my denim end up being a 32 so i got a 31 which is really a 32

stretching is minimal...

^ you should definitely size down. actually you can even try a 30. it'll be downright torture to button them up at first, but after a few wears they'll be good. but when you put them on the first time, be prepared to have sore thumbs!

the black imperials hardly stretches. i've had mine for close to 2 months, i try to wear them everyday, and they've expanded about half an inch at the waist at most.

so the indigos have a fair bit more give/stretch then the blacks?
^ you should definitely size down. actually you can even try a 30. it'll be downright torture to button them up at first, but after a few wears they'll be good. but when you put them on the first time, be prepared to have sore thumbs!

the black imperials hardly stretches. i've had mine for close to 2 months, i try to wear them everyday, and they've expanded about half an inch at the waist at most.

i recommend sizing down too.

my waist measures 32 and i got a pair of 31 indigo dukes.

from what used to be a snug fit is now(3 months later) its actually quite loose.

they have surely stretched more than 1" at the waist.

i am not too sure how it compares to the blacks.

IMO, 31 would be safe and 30 would be a little torturing for the first week.

hmmm, maybe i like my jeans a little looser than the SF fit but before sizing down, do bare in mind that Imperial's sizing is a little on the snug size anyway.

I normally buy a 34 and my 34 Dukes are still very snug in comparison to pretty much all my other denim...

i am not too sure how it compares to the blacks.

yeah, the indigo seems to stretch more compared to the black. the black feels thicker and stiffer.

hi all.

hoping you guys can give me some quick help. wanna get a pair of imperials before the weekend gets here. anyway...

im about 174cm/70kgs so i'm pretty big. not so much fat as broad shoulders although i do see a belly coming up [working on it!].

anyways, i'm currently rocking a sz34 in my jeans but i can stick BOTH my fists in EASY so as you can tell, i wear my stuff a little baggy. also, i'm wearing sz L for tees [american size, supreme to be specific, and if it helps] and was wondering two things

a) what cut should i get? kings/dukes?

B) what colour looks best with what? i know this is personal opinion, but i'd like yours. most of my tees are black and white. a few greys. ONE red. out of like 30 tees haha.

c) what kinda sizing should i go for? looking up on selfedge's website, i see kiya wrote that it shrinks after washing but then expands. does that mean that the net change is nil?

would appreciate you imperial veterans to gimme a hand! cheers!

hmmm, maybe i like my jeans a little looser than the SF fit but before sizing down, do bare in mind that Imperial's sizing is a little on the snug size anyway.

I normally buy a 34 and my 34 Dukes are still very snug in comparison to pretty much all my other denim...

Would you say the imperial dukes fit similar to the nudie slim jims? I tried a 31 in the slim jims and I couldn't get them on. 32 was fine though (but still tight).

hi all.

hoping you guys can give me some quick help. wanna get a pair of imperials before the weekend gets here. anyway...

im about 174cm/70kgs so i'm pretty big. not so much fat as broad shoulders although i do see a belly coming up [working on it!].

anyways, i'm currently rocking a sz34 in my jeans but i can stick BOTH my fists in EASY so as you can tell, i wear my stuff a little baggy. also, i'm wearing sz L for tees [american size, supreme to be specific, and if it helps] and was wondering two things

B) what colour looks best with what? i know this is personal opinion, but i'd like yours. most of my tees are black and white. a few greys. ONE red. out of like 30 tees haha.

c) what kinda sizing should i go for? looking up on selfedge's website, i see kiya wrote that it shrinks after washing but then expands. does that mean that the net change is nil?

i own a pair of indigo dukes in sz 32. the black dukes or kings are good too. those will be my next ones. from the sounds of it, i think you would be better off getting the kings if you want i little more room. keep in mind that they are both straight leg jeans.

hi all.

All depends on what type of cut you want. I used to be a relaxed/loosefit jean guy before I bought my pair of Dukes. Now I love slim(er) jeans. I'm also 174cm, but 80kg, and really all depends on your waist and leg circumference. My waist is a true 34inch and my thigh is 23 inches. I think the thigh measurement in the dukes is 12inches across for the 34, I think. First time I tried on the dukes, I thought I was going to die. Not because the waist was too tight (snug but okay), but because my legs could barely squeeze into the leg holes. the legs stretched out a fraction, but not all that much. Looks great though, in hindsight, perhaps I should have gone for the kings. But then I would have missed out on what others on this site call "tight jean heaven."

• 2 weeks later...
hi all.

u could try getting something in a black wash . it would be save enough to match as u have said that most of ur tees are black, white or grey. and for the cutting of ur jeans .

dukes are more of a slim cut jeans . if u are going for this u would probably have to size up by one notch ? ( corrrrrrect me if i am wrong )

for the kings. its not slim fitted like the dukes, but its rather like boot cutted jeans. ( very slightly), since u said u are pretty big, u should go for this. so it will not look like ur legs a going to tear out of ur jeans any second.