Workshirts

gimmegimme

almostnice: Thank you for posting those pictures. I've been putting off buying that mock twist shirt for months now, but I don't think I can wait longer.

Bought this shirt from Rakuten a couple months back not knowing exactly what it was. I normally hate vertical stripes, but I dig this. It's the 50/50 sugar cane/cotton blend and the stripes are indigo. The cut is different than my other SC shirts--this is short and boxy.

(apologies for the blurry shot)

IMG_3314.jpg?t=1264113053

IMG_3315.jpg

IMG_3311.jpg

IMG_3307.jpg

IMG_3316.jpg

Great shirts, guys.

almostnice- for some reason, I've never been much of a fan of salt and pepper, but that brown shirt sure looks nice. (Photo above would have been 1000X better if she wasn't wearing her jeans)

jstavrin- DO you knw if that is the heavy ticking material that was used to line some of the MFSC stuff?

Great shirts, guys.

almostnice- for some reason, I've never been much of a fan of salt and pepper, but that brown shirt sure looks nice. (Photo above would have been 1000X better if she wasn't wearing her jeans)

jstavrin- DO you knw if that is the heavy ticking material that was used to line some of the MFSC stuff?

It's the same pattern but a different material.

I had to proxy from banana fish, I believe. They are really nice, but waaay too expensive. I don't recommend anybody spend that much money on a shirt, unless it is exactly what you want. For me, it looked like a pretty exact replica of stifel fabric. The stifel fabric wasn't denim-like, which I think the similar sugar cane and flathead shirts are closer too, but a 1 by 1 weave similar to a chambray.

The way they dye the fabric is pretty cool as well. I believe they weave the fabric with white cotton fibers and put an indigo repellent where the design should be, so for polka dots they put the indigo repellent where the dots are. They then dip the fabric in indigo and the indigo sticks where it is suppose to and doesn't stick where the repellent is. Pretty cool process. Well anyways, from the pictures the freewheeler looked like the most accurate fabric from any "conductor" style shirt I have ever seen. Also, since the fabric is dipped, the entire fabric is extremely stiff and makes for a garment that "crocs" well, even though it is somewhat thin.

i've been drooling over the polka dot shirt for awhile already but as you said its expensive and money is tight...

do you tuck the shirt or not? The shape is quite special

i've been drooling over the polka dot shirt for awhile already but as you said its expensive and money is tight...

do you tuck the shirt or not? The shape is quite special

I tuck it in. Most of my shirts I tuck, except after I get home from work. I love the shape of it and I would not tuck (sometimes) if it wasn't blue. I typically wear it with jeans and I like my belt to serve as a break between the blues.

I really should post some pics. Maybe this weekend.

THanks (and rep) CMO. This shirt is pretty good in the flesh - nice greyish fabric and good detailing. I don't normally do Gap, but for £11 this is a no-brainer.

Gapshirt.jpg

Wow, that looks like a direct rip-off of the Engineered Garments workshirt in every detail (which is no doubt a rip-off of an old Big Yank or Hercules workshirt)..."talent borrows, genius steals"

THanks (and rep) CMO. This shirt is pretty good in the flesh - nice greyish fabric and good detailing. I don't normally do Gap, but for £11 this is a no-brainer.

Gapshirt.jpg

Gapshirt.jpg

Paul, is it selvage fabric? Also is it similarly sized to the other Gap one you posted last week? Cheers

Gap has a pretty cool little chambray shirt for the munchkins too. I wanted to buy it for my son, but they were all out of his size.

gp705766-00qlv01.jpg

Wow, that looks like a direct rip-off of the Engineered Garments workshirt in every detail (which is no doubt a rip-off of an old Big Yank or Hercules workshirt)..."talent borrows, genius steals"

...off topic I know, but Shorty Long - is your avatar Hasil Adkins? Love that guy - kicking myself for not seeing him when I had a chance before he died.

Gap has a pretty cool little chambray shirt for the munchkins too. I wanted to buy it for my son, but they were all out of his size.

gp705766-00qlv01.jpg

WHoah, v nice, I've just looked, where is this listed?

(I"ve just been asked to proxy, and maybe I'll do a proxy swap).

Armpit-to-armpit for the small chambray is just over 19 inch. I"m a 36 inch chest, I would say, and it's pretty much perfect.

edit noticed the code once I quoted the picture and found it. Too small, damn.

I feel like asking that guy about the authenticity of his items, just to see if I get a response.

WHoah, v nice, I've just looked, where is this listed?

(I"ve just been asked to proxy, and maybe I'll do a proxy swap).

Armpit-to-armpit for the small chambray is just over 19 inch. I"m a 36 inch chest, I would say, and it's pretty much perfect.

edit noticed the code once I quoted the picture and found it. Too small, damn.

Paul, is that Gap shirt selvage? I know it's only £11 but would probably only get it if it is.

I don't think a shirt being "selvage" has much to do with it being a well crafted garment. Selvage doesn't even necessarily denote high quality fabric. A shirt could also be made of selvage material and the craftsman could choose not to use any selvage "accents."

In general, what I am trying to say is: If a shirt strikes your fancy and it appears to be of decent quality and you don't care where or who made it, then by all means you should buy it. Especially if it is ridiculously cheap. Selvage should not be a deal breaker.

I don't think a shirt being "selvage" has much to do with it being a well crafted garment. Selvage doesn't even necessarily denote high quality fabric. A shirt could also be made of selvage material and the craftsman could choose not to use any selvage "accents."

In general, what I am trying to say is: If a shirt strikes your fancy and it appears to be of decent quality and you don't care where or who made it, then by all means you should buy it. Especially if it is ridiculously cheap. Selvage should not be a deal breaker.

agreed. unless you just feel special wearing selvage, for some reason. but it doesn't make the shirt any higher quality.

that LVC from ebay is gorgeous. wish they would have made more XL or XXL. :(

peace.