Workshirts

gimmegimme

Thanks for the advice chaps. Due to being in the UK, it's very hard to get BR or SC chambray (customs SCREW me when I order from the US).

After discussion with the owner of superdenim.co.uk, I grabbed the Joe McCoy chambray, as it apparently looks great after some fading, and as rnrswitch mentioned, it doesn't have that ostentatious 'USN' stamp.

http://www.superdenim.co.uk/proddetailbig/371f.jpg

Eastman Leather have the BR chambray - ship quickly too

Looks pretty nice. If you didn't mind throwing down that much for a shirt I would say keep it. Some of those chambray shirts will shrink though, so you might want to find out if it will, cuz it looks nice and snug on you right now.

Just received the latest order of MTM workshirts and thought I'd share the photos here.

Here's my hickory stripe denim USN shirt. The denim must be ~10oz, because it's like a shirt of armor. A little muffin top going on only because it was right out of the box, but the thing fits me like a glove. I'll post another fit after a couple of wears.

37273075.jpg

48386399.jpg

Maybe a little long? It would be easy enough to shorten...

A close up of it. The buttons are too small, so I am going to swap them out for 5/8" USN anchor buttons when I have a chance. I'm a bit puzzled by the orientation of the stripes on the collar, but oh well.

90048420.jpg

Here's Lance's custom shirt that is based on the 45rpm Eastern shirt, also hickory stripe denim.

29267685.jpg

Here's another semi-custom order made from a very nice polka dot fabric.

57872912.jpg

Here's another polka dot shirt, but with contrast stitching. I like 'em both!

60728470.jpg

A nice gray chambray, which I think is the same chambray as my last shirt.

73387249.jpg

The elusive blue-green selvage chambray. I still don't think this photo shows how great the color is.

33413888.jpg

There was also a couple of red chambrays (not this bright in person)

76694241.jpg

And, last but not least, a lone white chambray

11888958.jpg

J

Here's another polka dot shirt, but with contrast stitching. I like 'em both!

60728470.jpg

....I think that one's mine. Can't wait to rock it! I tried to model the fit of an engineered garments shirt I have that fits me so well - just hope I didn't screw up the measurements. I'll be watching the mailbox closely the rest of the week...

Thanks, everyone! It's a lot of work, but the end result is always nice :)

Glimmer- that sure is yours! You should have it Friday or Saturday :) The fabric is very interesting. I think it might even be waxed! It'll be very interesting to see how it wears.

^It is. I t ook a bunch of photos and could not get one that looked remotely close to the real thing. It's basically a navy with a hint of green.. really nice!

Is that polka dot fabric indigo dyed? It looks great.

Not sure if it is, but yeah, I think it looks great as well.

Why doesn't anyone tuck in their workshirts in like they were originally designed for? IMHO it looks odd seeing guys buying vintage inspired work shirts and then being slaves to modern fashion and not wearing them tucked in. Call me old school but that's why I prefer vintage Hercules or Oshkosh shirts over the over priced Japanese repro work shirts. Nothing like wearing an American Union made work shirt.