General TV show discussion

mrip

i'm not sure if you've seen the swedish original, but it's interesting to compare the two.

i've only seen the first ep. of both, they both have teh same plot - practically shot for shot in some cases - but the tone is completely different. The US version is, as you say, very tense but really slow - while the Swedish one is more natural for lack of a better term.

Very reminiscent to how the UK remade Wallander into a much more stylised drama (hopefully more to come now Brannagh is done with Thor)

^heard it was good was actually thinking of peeping it today too

i'm not sure if you've seen the swedish original, but it's interesting to compare the two.

i've only seen the first ep. of both, they both have teh same plot - practically shot for shot in some cases - but the tone is completely different. The US version is, as you say, very tense but really slow - while the Swedish one is more natural for lack of a better term.

Very reminiscent to how the UK remade Wallander into a much more stylised drama (hopefully more to come now Brannagh is done with Thor)

haven't seen the original, like dum i really don't mind the pacing of this.

animated zeppelins and zombies on tonight's fringe hah :D

how is fringe. i stopped watching it this season when it changed to friday and then had breaks during the season. i couldnt keep up when new eps were on

Rome is good. The only problem is that you'll notice, towards the end of the series, that they seem to be cramming too much in rather than allowing the drama to build properly. I'm pretty sure that it was made clear to those running the production that the show was simply too expensive to continue, thus forcing their hand a bit. Other than that though, it was cool.

The second Workaholics episode was bad. If the third isn't an improvement, I'll abandon the show.

I like stupidly slow shows for some reason. I like how it's always raining and they have to show the space needle atleast once an episode.

Workaholics is cool so far. Norm's Sport Show was cool too.

Same. Slow shows that take their time establishing locations and developing the atmosphere are too rare, Rubicon had a bit of that going on too.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the borgias, you can alway count on sean harris to bring the sleazy.

Catherine Zeta Jooones, she dips beneath the lazers wohooooo

Camelot started ok but the writing is not very good and the action is too vanilla to be entertaining on its own, Eva Green's tits alone can't carry the show (not that I'm complaining but why in hell is she in this again ?). And I still can't stand Fiennes.

about Rubicon, the supporting cast was just fantastic. I can't think of many shows where the characters were developed with so much care. Maggie reminds me of the chick from Californication, in a good way.

I started Justified, I like.

"You're the smartest guy I know.. You're like BO JACKSON"

hahahahahha

best Workaholics episode yet

every ep gets better. Last nights was so ridic we had to watch it 2x cuz we laughed over half the show the first time