General TV show discussion

mrip

yeah wtf was that, community was ok and p&r ok too, nothing awesome. and i finished catching up on 30 Rock season 5. maybe I should start watching more movies again.

community's been generally mediocre this season - particularly after the xmas break i thought (except the D&D ep).

parks is good, but i haven't laughed anywhere as hard as i did during s2, still trying to find a clip of Ben's Survivor audition tape for Deal or No Deal, classic.

People said The Office wasn't that good anymore, but I've been enjoying it a lot tbh.

community's been generally mediocre this season - particularly after the xmas break i thought (except the D&D ep).

parks is good, but i haven't laughed anywhere as hard as i did during s2, still trying to find a clip of Ben's Survivor audition tape for Deal or No Deal, classic.

People said The Office wasn't that good anymore, but I've been enjoying it a lot tbh.

in the last ep of community someone had made a t-shirt vommenorating the paintball incident that said " its all downhill from here". that was a good tongue-in-cheek joke about the show itself, yeah?

nah the office has been pretty mediocre this season. i think all sitcoms have a shelf life of about six or seven years. as much as i love that show i think it's a little past its sell by date.

abed's hoodie was a good meta joke (jeff is wearing it when shirley and theo spring him from jail.) i feel like they don't quite know what to do with the chang character and it's really changing up the flow of things. similarly, i think they're going to have to revisit the pierce problem: namely why do they even bother having around such a colossal dick. also jeff's hair is really bugging the fuck outta me.

i actually like the office a lot this season. Back to the cringeworthiness that made it so fun in the first place. Im curious to see how Michael's farewell will go down.

i feel like 30 rock has been weak this past season. Parks and rec is consistently good. Community started off strong but just kinda tapered off.

Outsourced just sucks.

part of my problem with the office this season is that it's sort of a protracted sentimental send-off for michael, which is fine, but they're handling it a little sloppily. e.g., the threat level midnight ep. it was mildly funny, but notice how quickly michael goes from being the usual emotionally stunted manchild to a guy who can chuckle over the fact that his movie does suck. it's not believable at all. then again i'm probably over analyzing.

30 rock is better this year than last. parks and rec is getting to be a great show - getting rid of brendanawicz and bringing in adam scott was a good move. harvest festival ep was weak though.

my god you've seen outsourced?

tonight's community reminded me of the episode that centered around troy's birthday at the bar: dark, scarce laughs, and we delve a little deeper into the characters' lives. i thought it was really well done.

I thought it was amazing. I was really pleased with the episode and even though it was similar to Troy's birthday I felt like this episode was much better for some reason.