Raw for Women

Becks23

just plugging for somet real quick. I have the 030 (note: not the same as 003) and I love them. The quality is definitely there, they fade a bit slow (could be a plus or minus depending on preference) and the cuts seem to flatter different body types pretty well. Plus it's lonely in the somet thread and having new people would be nice(1) :o hahah

mrs the_ming has a pair of women's somet jeans, they are more forgiving in the thighs than PBJ, and are also not selvedge, but really, that's nothing to be too concerned about, as not all great denim is selvedge and not all selvedge is great denim. both somet and PBJ produce jeans with *great* denim.

the nicest women's jeans we have found, though are by dry bones, called mubec. they have both straight leg and tapered jeans, the denim is amazing, is selvedge and the quality is out of this world.

she also just got some jeans from uniqlo and they are very very nice for the price. good cuts, large variety of sizing and reasonably priced.

We carried the Mubec line for a few months, girls actually hated the fit and the zipper was sewn onto the wrong side so it was such a hard sell we stopped selling them.

We carried the Mubec line for a few months, girls actually hated the fit and the zipper was sewn onto the wrong side so it was such a hard sell we stopped selling them.

weird. these were button fly.

mrs the_ming has a pair of women's somet jeans, they are more forgiving in the thighs than PBJ, and are also not selvedge, but really, that's nothing to be too concerned about, as not all great denim is selvedge and not all selvedge is great denim. both somet and PBJ produce jeans with *great* denim.

the nicest women's jeans we have found, though are by dry bones, called mubec. they have both straight leg and tapered jeans, the denim is amazing, is selvedge and the quality is out of this world.

she also just got some jeans from uniqlo and they are very very nice for the price. good cuts, large variety of sizing and reasonably priced.

the pbjs that most ladies on this board have been picking up (including me) have a great cut, but honestly i wasn't in love with the denim. certainly doesn't hold a candle to the denim on their men's jeans. all of this is just my opinion, of course.

thanks for the heads up on the dbs, always good to have some new info in here (serious), but from looking at the pics, i'm gonna go with kiya's take on this...

yes on uniqlo.

ps sup moa. moar darts plz

My gf likes jeans, but at first she thought the whole 'raw' thing was a little OTT. I convinced her to get some LVC 505's last year. She was a bit put off by the rigidness when first wearing them, but she wears them regularly now. 1967 505's are actually 'unisex' . They are slim fitting - although far from skinny - and they have a fairly high rise and tapered legs. So perhaps worth considering next to all the 'modern' brands and cuts? If I were a woman, I'd even consider a pair of '55 501's, downsized to get a real skinny look.

Putting it out there...

Trying to get my hands on some japanese denim for my ladyfriend. If anyone is looking to get rid of some, hit me up!

uh-oh, you know you're in deep when you lookin to buy her some jeans bro!!! :P

make a trip to BiG and let her try on some. really, it's the only easy way to get it right. OR get some of Klue's women jeans from HDC and support a USA company!

Anyone recommend a pair of raws for a petite girl? :( She's 2 inches too small for the PBJ size 0

Bump, in the same situation for a friend trying to get some raw denim. Also, anyone heard anything about the Acne raws for women? Haven't seen much of them in this thread, wouldn't mind seeing what they look like when worn.

naked and famous are thin thin thin but for the price the quality isn't terrible. on the cheaper ends of raws would be naked and famous, unbranded (the UO sideline for N&F), acnes, and APCs, maybe even nudies on sale

Thanks, on ebay i have seen pairs on ebay for buy it now of like 50, but never her size.

damn good for men's jeans,

are they the new cut for the 011 or did you buy them a while ago? i think the new cut is bigger and wouldn't be as flattering for women :(

I bought my X-011's in April 2010. I took a 4 month break because it got really hot in New York. I'm not sure if that is the old cut or new cut but I'm pretty sure they're the originals.