Raw for Women

Becks23

I'm sure this question has been asked before (but I can't find it), but what is the general opinion of APCs for women?

haha i know, i was just wondering if girls actually wore raw besides the few on sufu. in my high school not one person has raw jeans( in a 10k population town)

I have never seen raw jeans before on dudes or girls and I go to a university with 25,000 students in a town with a population of 250,000. i'll go further and say that I have never met anyone, anywhere (big cities and small alike), who even know what raw or selvedge denim is. purely anecdotal, but I feel like raw denim is fairly niche, especially as fashion and apparel goes.

I have never seen raw jeans before on dudes or girls and I go to a university with 25,000 students in a town with a population of 250,000. i'll go further and say that I have never met anyone, anywhere (big cities and small alike), who even know what raw or selvedge denim is. purely anecdotal, but I feel like raw denim is fairly niche, especially as fashion and apparel goes.

For real?

Had a few high school friends who were into raw denim and raw leather...but sadly have not made such friends during adult life.

I'm sure this question has been asked before (but I can't find it), but what is the general opinion of APCs for women?

I think the general opinion is that they are fine. Good starter price/fadability. Can be confusing for fit because they stretch so much. Cut is a huge disaster on me but seems to look good on literally everyone else.

When I first got into this stuff I saw a faded pair of APCs and thought they were great. Now that I've seen more things I find them zero interesting, but not-interesting is different from bad.

PM me if you are interested in a soaked once, worn 3x, unaltered, size 29 pair of Sling & Stones Mary (straight/slim fit) jeans my wife bought at SESF in August. They are getting too tight on her. No fades. Beautiful, form fitting, sexiness. Pics on request.

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69&products_id=214

those n&f are surprisingly good looking, i'm impressed! she wears em well

here are some updates on my jawnsss

5358770894_1e3810c77b_z.jpg

comparing my super beat pbjs to the sling and stones on the table

5358156543_60443e7855_z.jpg

just gave them a super hot wash

5358156509_1d39b019d4_z.jpg

color & fades far more accurate on this photo

check out my FLICKR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

noob here..read most of this thread....gonna ask my bf for my first pair of raw denim for my birthday and i reeeaallly want PBJ slims :) i have a pair of J brands with the same waist/rise/thigh measurements as the 0's (according to BiG)...i have to wear a belt with them because the thighs are super tight but the waist is ok. without a belt, i'd be pulling them up all day.

from what i've read, the thighs on the PBJs will stretch out, but will the waist stretch? i'm hoping it won't because i don't want to have to wear a belt with it if i can...i have to wear a belt with all my jeans because thighs are too tight and the waist is just a little loose :(

i would size down, but there's nothing smaller than a 0! should i just get them anyway?? i'm really iffy about buying jeans online. is BiG the only place to get them? i live in norcal (bay area, sac, santa cruz)...does anyone around here have a pair i can try on? haha

why doesn't SE sell these?!

@wtf. I bought my sister a pair of PBJ ladies slims over Christmas and IIRC it was 5% elastane or whatever stretchy material with obvious rebound. She also noted very tight thighs with waist being ok, but they've loosened up to make it comfortable. Now it stands to reason, ur waist is still so slender that u might still have wear a belt. I only say this because #1) women's jeans almost always have some sort of elastic material and #2) despite this, you stated that you wear a belt with most of your jeans. So I recommend taking it to a nice tailor and getting the waist taken a little.

I think BiG is the only distributor of PBJ in the states.

hope that helps. and don't forget to post.

the waist on pbjs definitely stretch. material is stretchy meaning you'll really be in for repairs quickly. thighs stretch a little less than the waist I think. mine stretched a few inches in the waist and maybe 2 in the thighs. I recommend the sling and stones just for a more comfortable fit.

nice sixteens isabelle !! is it just the angle or are those back pockets super huge