Shoes without socks

fattyman

shoes without socks, depends. In my opinion, you must wear socks with sneakers (vans, nikes, etc). But if you're wearing boat shoes or something, like me (sperry topsiders), then going sock less is appropriate. But that's just my opinion.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
for me it depends on really the outfit that you are wearing

shorts: no socks

jeans: your preference

jeans cuffed: no socks

Agree! however, Id personally rather always wear socks, but with shorts or cuffed jeans just wear ones low enough that know one else knows I have them on.

I like shoes without socks. This thread is perfect for me.

I like TOMS. TOMS are great without socks. I guess you should never wear socks with espadrille styled shoes anyways.

I like riding my fixed gear bike without socks in Vans New Eras in the summertime (There just Vans who cares if they get stinky).

I like dress shoes without socks and cropped pants (Thom Browne steez).

I liked my Lanvin hightops with nylon mesh paneling without socks but I sold them here:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=199880&highlight=Lanvin

I kinda liked the creative recs with nylon mesh for that Lanvin steez for cretive rec prices, but not enough to buy them.

I like converse without socks but it's uncomfortable.

That's all I got.

I worked with this girl who, at the peak of a New York summer, did not wear socks under her Vans slip-ons. I sat at a desk, and she stood close by doing some standing work, and I could smell her feet from five or six feet away. The stench from the shit growing on her feet and in her shoes had permeated every fiber of her stank ass shoes and it made me gag. Unless you have amazing genetics, for the love of god, wear some socks. My current roommate doesn't wear socks underneath his shoes either and when he takes his shoes off, his feet stink badly, leaving behind prints of stink all over the apartment floor.

I learned this lesson in high school when I used to skate with no socks under my shoes and had the stinkiest feet I've ever had in my life.

• 6 months later...

Years ago I had that experience of having stank feet from not wearing sock in my shoes, since then I've always wore socks. But this last summer I pretty much didn't wear socks with my shoes all summer, I just made sure I rotated 6-7 different pairs so I can let them breathe.

^blisters happen when you mix too much friction, heat, and moisture. ..

dudes, as mentioned earlier in the thread:

foot powder. it's basically talc + tingly shit like menthol or something to keep your feet fresh and dry when you go sockless.

with foot powder, even shoes like vans and chucks become bearable without socks and don't get swampy too quickly. however, if you're doing athletic and extended all-day activities, go for the loafer socks/no-show socks.

i hope none of you are doing the no-socks thing during the winter right now, cuz that's just dumb

• 9 months later...

i used to not to wear socks, ok for shoes that got leather inside sole but for vans ... bad, especially summer. used some deodorants those kinda stuff, only good for the beginning but same thing at the end..

now i use socks most of the time, crop ankle socks, got couple from needsupply.com and much more from my last trip to japan. picked some more from Falke last summer, and they're pretty good.

And you never wear socks?

Mark McNairy: Nope. Not unless it’s like crazy or snowing or something.

Doesn’t that kill your feet?

McNairy: I’m used to not wearing socks so I can put on a fresh pair of shoes, and I’m usually fine. A lot of guys ask me about feet sweating. If you wear sneakers with no socks, it’s horrible, but if you wear a pair of proper leather-lined shoes, you don’t have that problem.

What do you wear in the kitchen when you’re cooking?

McNairy: Socks. I don’t usually wear socks with my shoes, but when I get home, I take off my shoes and wear socks.

It’s a comfort thing?

McNairy: Yup.

i always wear vans sockeless. I feel like my feet are in a sauna when i'm wearing socks so i really only wear them when the weather drops below 50 F or it's raining, and since i live in LA that means i can pretty much go sockless year round.

i've noticed that once shoes get more worn-in and beat-up they breathe a bit better and whatever sweating you get initially goes away. I just don't have very sweaty feet and i still baby powder the shoes about once every 2 weeks. it's a small sacrifice for comfort, though.

• 1 year later...

all invisible socks i've tried have fucking sucked. they slip off my heel within like 10 minutes (usually less) of walking in them. i've tried both falke and ninja sox. doesn't seem like it would be that hard to get right but it's like they expect me to put them on and not move in them.

Synthetic and/or cotton sneakers are awful with or without socks. Shoes should be all leather with a cork or latex footbed, which are naturally antimicrobial materials. My CP:s are still pretty much boxfresh even though I only wear them sockless. Letting them dry before putting them in again is essential. I sometimes use cedar wood shoe blocks to make sure they stay fresh. I have been experimenting with liquid chalk to prevent perspiration, but it doesn't really work. If i use socks I only use merino wool ones.

OCD and proud!

No-show socks have always been a bit dicey for me. Sometimes they stay put all day, sometimes they slip off and bunch up under my foot within the first few minutes. I generally opt for sockless now with my Vans. Don't know why your feet would be getting busted up in your Eras though Inkinsurgent? Maybe size up/down depending on what's going on?