World of denim shops

fistoffury

^^ if you don't buy from local shop (SoS) why would you bother buying from BiG who also have added their margin and import taxes? A "fairer" comparison of the price would be to compare to the Japanese retail prices

Just because I've used them in past. The guys speak English, I rarely seem to get collared for import tax from the US etc etc

@ hoodwinker - nothing meant by it, only curious. 

Personally I have mixed feelings; the British 'high street' is a pretty dire place for mens shopping in my opinion hence the attraction of the internet with its better availability and pricing - but on the other hand, I suppose we do need to support the better more diversified shops or everywhere would just be the same bland proposition of clone towns with their identikit shopfronts. 

SoS are over what I'd consider spending though, even factoring in import and VAT  but then they aren't alone or in any way remarkable with how they've positioned their stock price wise. 

Yeah, I know my post sounded a bit... gushing, but I do have respect for people who take a risk and try something different in a bricks and mortar store these days. The mark up in there is crazy, but I wonder how many people are going in there each day and buying a pair of Full Count jeans? They had 4 members of staff too.

But honestly, I'd always opt for online. You'd be crazy not to.

Looking into buying some new Sam's, SoS have 710's at £319, with current exchange rate they work out to be around £150 from japan. found a buying service that will send as them as a gift so only have to factor in shipping and the small fee, so shouldn't come to much over £200. No brainer. I do like Sos tho, very kind staff and they've carried out tons of repairs which I've been happy with but prices can be silly.

Since SoS is not an official Samurai retailer (from what I know and from what is communicated through Samurai's website) could it be possible that they buy their Samurai jeans like you and me, hence the hefty price?

Although Samurai's price for retailer is already quite high. 

All this reminds me a little bit, when Self Edge also sold Samurai but BiG was the official retailer for North America (2006-2007 ?). But I don't have the insight what was the issue or how it all happened.

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Looking into buying some new Sam's, SoS have 710's at £319.

WOW, £319 = roughly €380, that is insane for a pair of 710's.

Since SoS is not an official Samurai retailer (from what I know and from what is communicated through Samurai's website) could it be possible that they buy their Samurai jeans like you and me, hence the hefty price?

It does kinda sound like that's what they are doing, helps get people in the door maybe?

Sumpa- as someone who used to work at Son on a Stag and who is still on very friendly terms to the team there, I can assure you that none of them are stupid nor 'confront' customers.

If you're browsing, it's basic courtesy to welcome a customer into the shop and ask if they want/need any help, perhaps even...wait for it... have a conversation. SHOCKING i know.

I suggest is may be your 'head down, don't talk to me' attitude that could be of issue.

Miserable fuck!

Edited by Mr Black

Sumpa- as someone who used to work at Son on a Stag and who is still on very friendly terms to the team there, I can assure you that none of them are stupid nor 'confront' customers.

Yeah, I think they honestly just love chatting to people about jeans. Simple as that really.

If you're browsing, it's basic courtesy to welcome a customer into the shop and ask if they want/need any help, perhaps even...wait for it... have a conversation. SHOCKING i know.

I suggest is may be your 'head down, don't talk to me' attitude that could be of issue.

Miserable fuck!

You would say that, they are your friends. There is a difference between welcoming and being intrusive. The lady in question needs to work on her 'welcoming' technique.

No, I wouldn't say that just because they're friends. If they have the faults you mention i'd possibly agree with you. But they don't. However, people have good days & bad days. Perhaps you picked the latter to go into the shop.

Maybe you need to work on your 'being aproached' technique. If you prefer a complete lack of human contact & interraction when you shop, can i politely suggest you stick to the internet <_<

No, I wouldn't say that just because they're friends. If they have the faults you mention i'd possibly agree with you. But they don't. However, people have good days & bad days. Perhaps you picked the latter to go into the shop.

Maybe you need to work on your 'being aproached' technique. If you prefer a complete lack of human contact & interraction when you shop, can i politely suggest you stick to the internet <_<

I have no problem with communicating when I shop if it is done in the right way but it most certainly wasn't on this occasion, and I will not be returning.

That is, of course, (as Bobby Brown will testify) your perogative.

Edited by Mr Black

Wait a second when did and-Japan become denimio?? The new site doesn't have the option to show prices in GBP, hopefully just a temporary thing. Service and shipping was great when I bought from them before so hoping it's the same people behind it?

I visited DC4 in Berlin this week because to see if they do repairs but it was too costly. I ended up talking with the other worker (not Dan) for about one and a half to two hours talking about all kinds of denim and the details on them. I realized I never ask for the guys name but I definitely enjoyed every bit of the time that I was there. I will definitely be coming back .

Dan seems scary but didn't get a chance to talk to him because he was out.

Awesome store, awesome dudes for sure

I visited DC4 in Berlin this week because to see if they do repairs but it was too costly. I ended up talking with the other worker (not Dan) for about one and a half to two hours talking about all kinds of denim and the details on them. I realized I never ask for the guys name but I definitely enjoyed every bit of the time that I was there. I will definitely be coming back .

Dan seems scary but didn't get a chance to talk to him because he was out.

Awesome store, awesome dudes for sure

What was the repair going to cost and what'd you need repaired?

He offered me 80 euros (he said this was a discounted price) which would be over $100usd. As for the repairs, they are pretty extensive.

Rips on the seats and back pockets, big rips below both back pockets, random small rips/fray on the honeycombs area, tears near the hidden rivets, tears on front pockets 2-3 wide, huge tear on the right knee, small crotch hole, small random tears/fraying all over the front whiskers and areas that will rip/tear with more wear on the left knee area and other spots on the jeans. It's not as bad as yo-mj IH jeans

Edit: they are a pair of skull jeans

Edited by noobedloser

He offered me 80 euros (he said this was a discounted price) which would be over $100usd. As for the repairs, they are pretty extensive.

Rips on the seats and back pockets, big rips below both back pockets, random small rips/fray on the honeycombs area, tears near the hidden rivets, tears on front pockets 2-3 wide, huge tear on the right knee, small crotch hole, small random tears/fraying all over the front whiskers and areas that will rip/tear with more wear on the left knee area and other spots on the jeans. It's not as bad as yo-mj IH jeans

Edit: they are a pair of skull jeans

You. Need. New. Jeans.

Wait a second when did and-Japan become denimio?? The new site doesn't have the option to show prices in GBP, hopefully just a temporary thing. Service and shipping was great when I bought from them before so hoping it's the same people behind it?

ordered a pair sd107 on boxing day,got them about a week into January,£137.00 + free delivery(bargain),really friendly, were a pleasure to deal with.......