Places of Higher Learning

Miyavi

for UCLA there something called TAP (i think)? check it out because i dont know much about it

Yeah it's TAP, but it requires you to take honors classes and such. It's still VERY do-able, just a little more work than TAG. Also, if memory serves me right, if you pass the honor's courses, you are allowed to apply with 2 majors.

TAG and UC applications are completely separate. UC applications are mandatory for the colleges you want to get in to. TAG is an extra program that guarantees you admission to a select college. Ex. If you do TAG for UCI, you still have to fill the UC application out.

For someone who is about to transfer, I know very little about transferring. But I'll give you the limited knowledge I know as accurately as possible.

Yeah it's TAP, but it requires you to take honors classes and such. It's still VERY do-able, just a little more work than TAG. Also, if memory serves me right, if you pass the honor's courses, you are allowed to apply with 2 majors.

TAG and UC applications are completely separate. UC applications are mandatory for the colleges you want to get in to. TAG is an extra program that guarantees you admission to a select college. Ex. If you do TAG for UCI, you still have to fill the UC application out.

For someone who is about to transfer, I know very little about transferring. But I'll give you the limited knowledge I know as accurately as possible.

i did tap 2 years ago and from what i remember it isnt a guarantee to get into UCLA, i think it was you get priority or something like that. either way like ke1 said honors is really doable, not many more requirements than just taking regular classes. get the facts straight from a counselor much easier and more helpful.

CC is a trap unless you got a plan already (imo)

That said, I would have gone to CC for a cheaper alternative my first/second year then finish up at a Uni.

But hey, UCR isn't that bad after 5 years now. . . (5) lol

Honestly, I wonder if I would have had as much exposure going to CC/commuting from home than meeting everyone starting in the dorms. I really doubt it and that exposure + exp. really does shape you in some way.

CC is a trap unless you got a plan already (imo)

That said, I would have gone to CC for a cheaper alternative my first/second year then finish up at a Uni.

But hey, UCR isn't that bad after 5 years now. . . (5) lol

Honestly, I wonder if I would have had as much exposure going to CC/commuting from home than meeting everyone starting in the dorms. I really doubt it and that exposure + exp. really does shape you in some way.

its not bad going to cc then transfering, i transferred and lived in a dorm for transfer students it was a different experience with a older crowd. i think if i had to the chance to go to college straight up out of high school i would do it just to have experienced more. going to cc everyone is in transition and doing something to get where they want, not really a social environment imo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I failed an engineering statics/dynamics course, applied to resit the exam - 2 weeks later, it's the day before the exam, I haven't revised anything (holiday mode since late Nov. here) and I'm about to go have a nap. :D

Today it rained and hailed heavily for about half an hour (impending doom conceptz). But just then I received an online Christmas card from an engineering organisation thing. :3

I pretty much want school to be over with right now. I have to rewrite one more paper and have roughly three days to do so, considering that I am going out of state for a family even this Saturday, I have tonight, tomorrow, Friday and Sunday to write an eight page critical dialog, which I really don't want to do in the first place. Considering that I am graduating in January, i really don't care any more.

What are these schools that let you resit exams? Sounds ridiculous...
I go to a university and I'm from Australia O:

In the event of your first ever failing grade (can't fail too much though, gotta be about 35%+ or so), they instantly grant you a 'supplementary exam' a few weeks after the last day of exams. But for any fail grade after your first, you have to apply (in writing, I think) and wait for approval - and, obviously, they aren't very lenient in that case.

So yeah, kinda throwing it away by not studying...

The shit thing is, the course is just math + physics, and was split up into two 40% weight multiple choice exams (i.e. no part marks). I was 2/15 marks from passing statics, and I smashed the dynamics one - but now I have to sit a test for both units.

• 1 month later...
Current UCSC student here and was able to get my chem professor to change my grade without going through the whole process with just an email. Fuck yeah. The lower division chem teachers are extremely bad at Santa Cruz, it's kind of sad.

ucsc alumni

fucking loved that school!