Places of Higher Learning

Miyavi

freshmen! yeah, i heard basically everybody gets in lolol

yeah, you shouldnt worry too much about it. I like their buffet style cafeteria and their super cheap dorming, I think my friend said his cost about $500 for the year? (gotta double check on that)

What other schools are you considering besides biola?

yeah, you shouldnt worry too much about it. I like their buffet style cafeteria and their super cheap dorming, I think my friend said his cost about $500 for the year? (gotta double check on that)

What other schools are you considering besides biola?

chapman, uci, ucsd, university of sd, loyola marymount, pepperdine, cal state fullerton lol

The thing about finance is that a lot of the top schools for finance jobs don't have undergraduate business programs.

Private schools generally don't charge international students different fees and will run ~50k a year but some have financial aid. Public schools are all over the place, probably at least 30k up to 50k a year and probably won't have any financial aid or scholarships for international students.

• 5 weeks later...

fuck the California college system, if you believe it's anything more than a ploy to exploit ridiculous amounts of money from students to cover the state deficit then you're straight up retarded, wish I lived in Europe :(

you know a university degree in france isn't worth much do you? (i'm not talking about grandes écoles)

in north america you can expect some interaction between lecturers and students, in france well you can't cause because the ratio students for lecturer or professors is like 300:1, mostly because anyone gets in and it's dirt cheap

Edited by boy better know

i don't know if it as apparent in europe as it is in america that the corporate influences are very noticeable in a large state school and it is pretty obvious that colleges have been seen as in investment opportunity which is fucked up because it is such stupid easy money and schools and the administrators are killing it because kids are stupid and keep wasting their time and fucking up college and making poor decisions and that is how the schools make money. there is this mentality of get a degree in america which is totally true but a degree asap is not worth it especially if you're just gonna fuck it up. it is depressing to see kids studying something they are interested in but they know it won't get them a job and then they have this crushing debt. colleges are only able to make money is because kids fuck up in school and feel resigned to doing this because they put no thought in doing anything but going to school asap even though they knew they would not put in that effort. fucking smh but still fucked. the collusions of large colleges that undercut education to sell college as an "experience" with corporate interests on a large skill is pretty obvious what is the most fucked is the involvement of the banking industry. so many young people walking into a lot of debt without thinking about and the banks and school love for you to do that because more time you spend there more time you spend paying these interest payments. a good example, my friend told his advisor that he was thinking about dropping out of school because he knows he is not giving it his best and he knows he should and before he gets into debt next semester because he'll lose scholarships (mom is getting a job changing financial aid situation) and his plan is to move back home and work IT full time which he is good at and motivated to do and enjoys and has at least a total of 3 years work experience doing. his advisor told him that it was a bad decision to drop out of school and if he is failing classes he should just stay here because he can retake them later and they will adjust the gpa to show the new grade but that you retook. that is fucked up. straight up trap. it is said to see the corporate model polluting academia. i understand the sentiment so many people who think that it is okay to spend a few years studying different shit to figure stuff out and then study that who are retarded thought of no other life options for doing what they wants besides going to school because then they will get a degree and that will guarantee them that job. lol. college is worth going for if the skills you are going to school for to pay for that degree to say you know it are worth paying for that degree to say you know it. also lol @ cornell writing grads with no job now. study real things in school if you wanna do journalism and read philosophical texts do that on your own time, especially at the bachelor's degree level. also lol @ people thinking they have to arbitrarily pick a permanent career choice for the rest of their life now. too shortsided

edit i feel like worth going to school to study something real i.e. science some serious thinking and if you're doing stuff like that that only relates to academia that is cool but limits you. i wanna get my phd in some real knowledge and do knowledge getting for knowledge later. my goal is phd in an applicable field by 60, 60 is when i was thinking would be good to do that

Edited by pieiskewl

^^i read that, but could you use paragraphs next time? i hear you on taking a major that will get you a job somewhere, unlike journalism. math and science are the way to go, i totally agree, i'm majoring in electrical engineering myself. i'd like to work in the alternative energy field myself,so i picked ee, stuck through it, and will graduate by the end of next year. i'm interested in other majors, but i just couldn't see them helping me get a job in the future.

• 1 month later...

I've decided to apply for exchange for second semester this year. FWIW Im doing an Education degree. These are the uni's i have to choose from:

Boise State.

Kansas State.

Northern Colorado.

North Carolina (Wilmington).

North Carolina (basically all except chapel hill).

Brockport.

Im essentially looking for information regarding any of them/the towns they're situated in/random facts/personal experiences. I have done my own research but i figure this can't hurt. Thanks, pm's welcome etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

bumping this because Im having a little trouble deciding. I got in for the new applied math major at the engineering school of tufts for EDII. I have to respond before I get any responses from UC's or vassar. I dont think will get accepted at ucla or ucb though. Should I go to tufts? I dont really know much about tufts other than that its small, weird, and is close to boston. ive never been anywhere near tufts and have lived in california for most of my life, but the costs should be comparable since my efc is really low.

Edited by michaelttizzle

tufts and vassar are good schools. the best advice i can give you is seriously put a lot of though into it. choose somewhere you are really going to be happy spending four definitive years of your life. i did not and i am stuck somewhere that i hate each day (uchicago). do not make that mistake. good luck!

bumping this because Im having a little trouble deciding. I got in for the new applied math major at the engineering school of tufts for EDII. I have to respond before I get any responses from UC's or vassar. I dont think will get accepted at ucla or ucb though. Should I go to tufts? I dont really know much about tufts other than that its small, weird, and is close to boston. ive never been anywhere near tufts and have lived in california for most of my life, but the costs should be comparable since my efc is really low.

if you have q's about vassar, feel free to PM. that's where i'm at right now.

good luck with the college thing, making decisions that will alter the rest of your life fucking blows.

• 3 weeks later...

couldn't find an active thread about it

so im graduating this year from a video production diploma course in singapore, thinking about to continue by taking a degree in writing in the states, new york preferably

any recommendation on which school to go to?