1. 1. Are you up for it

• YES - Beatle rocks
    • NO - Beatle doesn't suck

I far prefer "SuFu" than the "ox"...

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we can do SuFu - that would be great..but please - Katakana - since that wopuld be the appropriate way to write it anway....

120px-Japanese_Katakana_SU.png120px-Japanese_Katakana_FU.png

Agreed.....

I agree but lets have a contest in the real Japanese repro way -> English texts on tees from Japanese brands usually dont make much sense either ha

perhaps Chicken can design a patch with or referring to an ox (since 2009 will be the year of the ox and all that) -> two oxes pulling a jeans in opposite ways would be pushing it i guess :-)

I'm going to be honest here..

i'm not feeling the "ox" theme at all..

perhaps Chicken can design a patch with or referring to an ox (since 2009 will be the year of the ox and all that) -> two oxes pulling a jeans in opposite ways would be pushing it i guess :-)

Like you said earlier, it doesn't have to make sense...maybe the patch could be styled after furigana?

As in, the ox kanji, with the su fu kana above it in small script? It wouldn't make sense, but would look like furigana.

sample:

Jujutsu.gif

*edit, it would have a meaning of sorts..."su fu 2009"

If engraved leather patch is possible i would much rather have some simple design than a "painted" patch like in the warehouse contest

Embossed patches have a high minimum order and therefore increase the cost of the jean because you're forced to buy far more than a couple hundred. Where as with a printed patch we can have Dry Bones produce 150, 200, or 225 patches and save quite a bit of money.

I was thinking of the golden gate with japanese clouds like we can see on those old ink paintings we can see

how about the golden gate swapped by a wave like revsta posted:

No one likes my idea of tracing the outline of this and putting it on one of the pockets?

p_fuji_300.jpg

how about these two guys (Aum) on the patch with the Golden Gate in the background or between them

f_niom_e29b9d3.jpg

or a Daruma face (although Evisu and other brands used it already I think...)

just thinking out loud here

i don't know..

10sfxib.jpg

anyone have any ideas they'd like to see made?

Wow, that's beautiful man.

I put together this hackjob, lol. Pardon the crudeness. Most people seem to not want the 2009 anyway. Furigana style:

furiganapatch.jpg

i feel like the tab and the logo in the corner would be too much

but if it could fit on the tab, it'd be great

anyways, here's what it looks liek on a dry bones pocket

21mahkh.jpg

So they cant put a tab on the jeans (legal reasons) but if a tab was sent loose couldn't we just sew it on ourselves.;) really digging the way these tabs are looking