1. 1. Are you up for it

• YES - Beatle rocks
    • NO - Beatle doesn't suck

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JimmyC comes through with the win.

The more i look at that tag the more i feel like it's a done deal.

It's perfect...

According to Beatle, yes, we're ok'd for SuFu, DB, and SE. The patch is great, Jimmy. The San Francisco and Japanese references are well incorporated. I don't have any better ideas, but I wouldn't mind seeing the names of the affiliated companies incorporated in a different way besides the three flags. I guess it just seems too busy (not that patches are not frequently busy, I suppose). DB has simple, understated patches, and it might be nice to preserve that.

i don't know..

10sfxib.jpg

anyone have any ideas they'd like to see made?

:D:D:D AWESOME. I LOVE IT. Even though I hope we don't end up using Dry Bones (as I have a pair I'm working on right now) I LOVE that. I think the wave is awesome, thanks for coming up with something using that picture!

edit: is the Dry Bones denim official? And if so, is it going to be the same as the Red-D denim/dying process? This would kinda be a big bummer for me, as I'm working on some Red-D's going on 4 months right now :(

I like Jimmy's picture, but I really liked the coloring/texturing of James' patch. Maybe combine the two?
Very true, the color on Jame's patch is really clean looking, it would look great with the design.

Everyone has had great ideas and awesome input but in the end we probably need to let Kiya gleam all the info we have thrown at him and let him put together a happy compromise for everyone. We should all remember that there are so many variables in the design and production of these jeans and if we all want it to fall under a certain price point then we should all be ready to accept whatever compromises that may arise.

It's easy for me and james and everyone else that contributed art for this to just crank it out and post it but we don't know what it will cost to actually produce any of it. Kiya does and he has made several post already trying to reign everyone in a bit without squashing any new ideas, which is commendable. I'm not trying to stop any new ideas from coming along either. I'm always amazed at the depth of knowledge that so many of you have regarding every aspect of denim and I encourage all of you to continue to contribute to this discussion. Let's just all realize that eventually we have to turn this over to the denim master and his trusted advisors to make it happen.

For the record.. i don't want any heavier of a hand in the design of this jean than any other member here. But in the end, it has to be something i can put the Self Edge name on.. So suggestions like "put the SF Giants logo on there" or "a four colored arcuate" ain't gonna happen. :)

I really like the wave + names or the wave + bridge + names a lot. I don't care about them having a color, the whole patch can just be leather for all I care, but the wave I think adds a real nice touch, and the bridge adds that unique flare of where this is all about. Kiya, have we decided to do Dry Bones denim for sure or is there still hope for FH? :crossesfingers:

^Kiya's More equal than others, I like it.

Personally, I want something minimal.

So, no multicolors on the patch, no embroidery.

Also, my understanding is that the "ox" character people have been using also means "cow" or "cattle"... not quite something I want on my jeans.

One thing I like a lot about the regular Dry Bones patch is the traditional Japanese symbolism, hawk egg plants. Any way we could incorporate similar folk symbols into our patch? I will put some thought to it...

very excited! Thank you to the community for the creative energy everyone is putting into this project.

arc_08.2.jpg

I know suggestions on arcuates have been coming in from all directions, but how about, on this one if the points of the hidden arc and the visible one would meet in the centre?

edit: essentially when the hidden stitching would appear this would create a slighly tweaked version of a regular and inverted arc of a certain jeans giant, perhaps making it not ok again...