Not Diabro, Diablo

geekbonchic

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
i already have a party to play with when this is released. i'm going to be the tank.

it's diablo. there are no roles like tank. you just blow the fuck out of everything no matter what class.

i still have active diablo II characters from hardcore, softcore, east, west, classic and expack. i'll probably make barb first because that's always been my favorite for dueling/pvp.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Activision Blizzard had a conference call today:

Diablo 3 external beta testing is slated to begin in Q3 2011 (sometime between July 1 - Sept 31) and they are "driving hard" to release the game by the end of 2011.

• 3 months later...

auction house ?

blizz solved the problems with ebay scams and muling all at one swoop

but now we got to worry about real-money/gold exchange rates and shit?

fuck that

loot is important, but a lot of the fun from diablo 2 was being on an open-ended search, for that particular item, killing super unique monsters 4 dayszzz. now i can just open a pop-up window and pick out elite items like i'm at a grocery store?f fuck

auction house

loot is important, but a lot of the fun from diablo 2 was being on an open-ended search, for that particular item, killing super unique monsters 4 dayszzz. now i can just open a pop-up window and pick out elite items like i'm at a grocery store?f fuck

i've been playing guild wars for 2-3 months and it definitely has this part going for it. a lot of diablo type similarities. it's easy to get gear with max stats but it's all about style, which armor and weapons are the 'coolest' looking and of course they're rare as fuck and you're always looking for something. it's almost like diablo III is becoming more like guild wars 1, while guild wars 2 is trying to be something different.

surely d3 can't be too taxing on old comp's if you set shit to low, or am i being too optimistic?

i can't imagine how many times i killed mephisto.

i think starcraft is probably a good basis for comparison. it's a somewhat simple style, but the shear amount of stuff that will be on screen and the amount of AI and physics the processor has to go through it will get pretty taxing.

system requirements for the beta:

MINIMUM SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS

PC

OS: Windows® XP/Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 (Latest Service Packs) with DirectX® 9.0c

Processor: Intel Pentium® D 2.8 GHz or AMD AthlonTM 64 X2 4400+

Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800 GT or ATI Radeon™ X1950 Pro or better

Mac

OS: Mac® OS X 10.6.8 or newer | Processor: Intel® Core 2 Duo

Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT or ATI Radeon™ HD 2600 or better

All Platforms

HD Space: 12 GB available HD space | Memory: 1 GB RAM (1.5 GB required for Windows Vista®/

Windows® 7 users, 2 GB for Mac® users) | Drive: DVD-ROM drive | Internet: Broadband Internet

connection | Display: 1024x768 minimum display resolution

(Note: Be advised that some wireless connections do not meet the minimums required to be a true Broadband Internet connecton. Wireless results may vary.)

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS

PC

OS: Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 (Latest Service Packs) | Processor: Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz

or AMD AthlonTM 64 X2 5600+ 2.8 GHz | Memory: 2 GB RAM | Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® 260 or

ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 or better

Mac

OS: Mac® OS X 10.7 or newer | Processor: Intel® Core 2 Duo | Memory: 2 GB RAM

Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M or ATI Radeon™ HD 4670 or better

o wut. what was your account name?

btw. idk if you guys already know about this:

http://diablo3dungeon.com/streams

funkybuttlovinn

mainly had a paly named Cali_dank that i got to 92, and an MFing sorceress named vanilla_ice.

thanks for the specs. i really don't understand the need/requirement for a constant internet connection when you are playing single player, though.

everything you do with your character is saved to the cloud, not your computer probably, which makes being connected to battlenet mandatory.

funkybuttlovinn

mainly had a paly named Cali_dank that i got to 92, and an MFing sorceress named vanilla_ice.

everything you do with your character is saved to the cloud, not your computer probably, which makes being connected to battlenet mandatory.

funkybuttlovinn? do you play LoL too?

it's 1.13 now and apparently den of evil quest has a better reward. you can reset stats/skills !!

funkybuttlovinn

pretty sure i did some cs runs with you before

hung out in olo too

do guys like *smoke-it still play?

KiA??? i have had d2 uninstalled for a while