geekbonchic

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lag#1358

got a barb up to ~25

just made a monk

pretty impressed with how well this game runs on my computer... until a fuckin witchdoctor joins the party, fuck. 60fps in normal play and a little slow down when everything on screen is blowin up, but was in the 20s when one of those goofy bastards joined up.

think i'm going to research the parts for a new computer, with this and guild wars 2 coming out.

Edited by Rob060

my roommate has literally played this game day and night and is like level 60 now

he is now buying and re-selling gear on the market on that gold hustle lol, making millions

the game looks pretty and all, but i think i'll never escape my diablo 2 love

my roommate has literally played this game day and night and is like level 60 now

he is now buying and re-selling gear on the market on that gold hustle lol, making millions

the game looks pretty and all, but i think i'll never escape my diablo 2 love

if you're into the kiting fest in inferno it's fun. it was a blast levelling from 0-60 with friends but there's a lot of dynamics that make it a different sort of enjoyment than d2.

but just like any other blizzard game.. to come to any conclusion weeks after launch is completely unfair. look at how much d2 improved from classic (remember bone wall farming?) to now.

build: http://us.battle.net...gXYQ!XYb!YZaZac gear: http://imgur.com/7Gu35 -- streaming for a bit right now

i use the same build pretty much. i've been using a daibo though. not sure if that's bad or not. i have a good amount of % damage converted to life and life per spirit spent on gear so i heal pretty well.

Edited by Rob060

you're saying you've never played a pc game before?

you just rund around hit the bad guys, collect the loot they drop. equip the loot, kill more bad guys, level up and use the new skills to maximum effect. figure out what works best for your play style and just rock it

this game is all about the loot. make sure you find out what character stat (strenght, dexterity, intelligence, vitality) your character draws strength from and use items that boost that stat (items have modifiers in blue, like + x amount of strength or an increased chance to drop magical items)

there are multiple item classes, regular items have a white name, magical a blue and rare items are golden. regular items don't do much apart from either increasing your defese (armor) or just do regular damage (weapons)

magical items have additional modifiers that can significantly boost the survivability of your character.

rare items just have more modifiers (5 or more i believe) but are not necessarily more powerful

apart from that this game has a lot to offer that just needs a little exploring. make sure you talk to all the NPCs and find out what the smith can to for you (rather usefull if you don't use the auction house)

just running straight through the game will give you the necessary experience and equipment to deal with the bosses but if you explore every detail of the map and kill every monster you will be much better equipped to handle the bossfights.

Edited by redX

I never played the previous diablo games or any other game like it. when i first posted i was dying alot and i made some mistakes early on. like i spent my first 10k on a stash so i could store weapons that were absolute garbage. lol I'm getting the hang out it now, thanks red