supermeatheads

kunk75

good call...idk why i dont do those as part of my routine...ill usually walk over do a set or two and just walk away...

nah..

try doing dips as your first exercise on your chest/tri day..

whenever I hit dips first my set/rep range looks something like this..

BW x 15 + 10

+45 x 10

+90 x 6

+135 x 1

+145 x 8 + 7 + 5

basically, you want to do a thorough warm-up when your doing heavy dips because it's easy to hurt yourself on these..

is there a "best" stomach exercise that targets the lower abs?

I like dead hanging from a pull up bar and bring my legs up to my hands while keeping them straight in a controlled motion..

what are your goals?

either way, I'm going to go ahead and say that is too many sets/reps for your chest

i know it's not necessary, but i like feeling sore. and from that i felt sore. the idea is to gain about 5lbs of clean muscle for basketball, i have been told that i need to eat more, but i hate seeing fat.

i am 158lbs, 6 feet, and at around 12-14%.

i know it's not necessary, but i like feeling sore. and from that i felt sore. the idea is to gain about 5lbs of clean muscle for basketball, i have been told that i need to eat more, but i hate seeing fat.

i am 158lbs, 6 feet, and at around 12-14%.

eat more doenst mean youre gonna get fat. i eat a shit load throughout the day but i cant gain a pound over 180 for the life of me

what you're doing right now will cut the fat and burn calories but you will have a hell of a hard time gaining 5 lbs.

cut down your sets/reps a bit go for shorter heavier sets

who says you won't feel sore from 6 total sets for your chest? my chest is raw as all hell right now.. if you tapped my titty I'd squeal like a pig..

plus, you're probably overtraining with that much.. which will work against you in gaining muscle..

and eating more does NOT mean you'll get fat.. I eat about 3000-3300 currently and only showing 173 on the scale and way less than 10% bodyfat..

it's all about what you eat and finding the right amount of calories and proper macro-breakdown of nutrients to make your body an optimal environment for building muscle while minimizing fat gain..

both.

with chest, i stick with a couple workouts (ie bench, incline db, decline db) but i go a bit heavier and stick with 3 sets per with between 5-10 reps each depending on set.

and cable flys to burn off

Its just overall, your workout has alot of reps between each set. cut down your reps and sets and call it good.

also, i've found that if you overtrain, you shouldnt work out your chest again for a long time...thus, you should work out a sufficient amount, rest for 3-4 days and getback at it.

who says you won't feel sore from 6 total sets for your chest? my chest is raw as all hell right now.. if you tapped my titty I'd squeal like a pig..

plus, you're probably overtraining with that much.. which will work against you in gaining muscle..

and eating more does NOT mean you'll get fat.. I eat about 3000-3300 currently and only showing 173 on the scale and way less than 10% bodyfat..

it's all about what you eat and finding the right amount of calories and proper macro-breakdown of nutrients to make your body an optimal environment for building muscle while minimizing fat gain..

gotdamn son. i think im around 13-16% right now and not sure if i wanna go anywhere lower for the time being...hopefully if by January, if i'm where i wanna be, i'll start cutting down drastically and go for 7-8%

gotdamn son. i think im around 13-16% right now and not sure if i wanna go anywhere lower for the time being...hopefully if by January, if i'm where i wanna be, i'll start cutting down drastically and go for 7-8%

see that's the thing with me, I'm kind of (almost) already where I want to be at..

177-179 dry/morning weight at 5-7% would be perfect for me..

I tried the whole being big thing (formly bulked up to 196lb) and it didn't look good on me..

all I want to do now is gain about 4-5 more pounds of pure muscle and work on getting my maxes up..

edit: plus I have a really fast metabolism (god knows why) and it's really hard for me to keep on weight..

example, when I was 196 pounds I was taking in about 4500-5000 calories a day

damn i wish i had an abnormally fast metabolism....

i started lifting weights about 3 years ago and put on about 30 lbs of muscle mass in about 2 years...whole last year ive stayed the same. (went from 130lbs to 165lbs current)

now tryin to drop fat % but dont wanna lose any muscle

currently at 13%, wanna be down to 8%

I need to run more.

i use creatine and aside from a bit of water retention, i think you'd be crazy not to. for all the bullshit supplements, it has been consistently proven to work for over 15 years.

as for plan, nothing fancy. 45 mins slow cardio 4 days, 20 mins of HIIT twice a week and severely reduced glycemic load. i've gained some size and i'm kind of sick of it already.

i got this "amplified creatine" taken in pill form...supposed to be better than monohydrate creatine...been working good for me...ive noticed a lot more endurance.

but damn 20 mins HIIT? most i can do right now is 7 and then i cant go on...lol i need to build that up (im more used to jogging 3 miles straight...though have been doin HIIT recently)

mmm...im gonan say that was all mental.

shit doenst give you extra power -_-

if anything, caffeine hinders people's abilities to build mass.

but if you're trying to get skinny and cut, go for it. take a shitload of hydroxicut and run

nah i'm trying to lose a bit of fat right now

so I jump rope for 20minutes and the caffeine/ephedra helps with upping the intensity

when i'm done with that I get on with my weight routine and I felt better much better than usual

especially after having did a little lifting earlier in the day

i use creatine and aside from a bit of water retention, i think you'd be crazy not to. for all the bullshit supplements, it has been consistently proven to work for over 15 years.

as for plan, nothing fancy. 45 mins slow cardio 4 days, 20 mins of HIIT twice a week and severely reduced glycemic load. i've gained some size and i'm kind of sick of it already.

agreed. creatine did wonders for me as far as strength building goes. I use MRI CE2 creatine and i've been putting up much more weights and i can finish off last sets clean.

i've laid off creatine this past week as i feel like its kicked in my acne a bit which is not good...ill wait a bit for 3-4 weeks til i hop back on another cycle.

i'm trying to gain some muscle weight right now with no success. I try to eat but eating alot is pretty hard and my metabolism is pretty fast as well. i poo like 2-3 times a day sometimes. it'll be nice to gain a good 10 lbs of muscle weight but right now i'm trying to gain some core strength before building too big. pretty ridiculous seeing big ass dudes who cant put up a clean bench set.

why take creatine if you dont wanna get big? i mean creatine can be used to build strength but more strength can enable you to put up heavier weights to get big...but it deosnt make much sense to take creatine if you are trying to get more cut.

and even if you are, that combination should never be used.

hydroxycut is a caffeine driven pill which is a diuretic, while creatine takes the water to yoru muscles.

so you're countering the effects of creatine by taking hydroxycut in many ways.

one day i read in a magazine like was Esquire or GQ or something said creatine helps brain as well but i didnt believe it until i googled the:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2003/08/030813070944.htm

do you people ever get man periods maybe when you lift hard for 3 weeks by the 3rd week you kind of overtrained and feel emo and tired all the time and theres no libido.

agreed. creatine did wonders for me as far as strength building goes. I use MRI CE2 creatine and i've been putting up much more weights and i can finish off last sets clean.

i've laid off creatine this past week as i feel like its kicked in my acne a bit which is not good...ill wait a bit for 3-4 weeks til i hop back on another cycle.

i'm trying to gain some muscle weight right now with no success. I try to eat but eating alot is pretty hard and my metabolism is pretty fast as well. i poo like 2-3 times a day sometimes. it'll be nice to gain a good 10 lbs of muscle weight but right now i'm trying to gain some core strength before building too big. pretty ridiculous seeing big ass dudes who cant put up a clean bench set.

I knock out an average of 2-3 poos before my third meal.. set up your eating game!

alright so since im not trying to put on any mass at the moment.

would it be a bad idea to mix hydroxycut and creatine?

why take creatine if you dont wanna get big? i mean creatine can be used to build strength but more strength can enable you to put up heavier weights to get big...but it deosnt make much sense to take creatine if you are trying to get more cut.

and even if you are, that combination should never be used.

hydroxycut is a caffeine driven pill which is a diuretic, while creatine takes the water to yoru muscles.

so you're countering the effects of creatine by taking hydroxycut in many ways.

half agreed.. don't mix the two. actually, stay away from that hydroxycut (and all others alike) bs..

now this is where I disagree.. creatine is fine when you're trying to cut. yes, creatine causes the body to hold more water.. but it's not like when you have a lot of sodium and your body retains water outside of your cells which causes bloating and "soft" look.. creatine causes cell volumazation which holds water intracellularlly

do you people ever get man periods maybe when you lift hard for 3 weeks by the 3rd week you kind of overtrained and feel emo and tired all the time and theres no libido.

happens sometimes when I overtrain.. I usually just cut back on intensity and I feel brand new within a few days

alright so since im not trying to put on any mass at the moment.

would it be a bad idea to mix hydroxycut and creatine?

It wouldn't make sense. And not for the reason somebody above posted but because creatine causes you to retain water weight. Hydroxycut is a thermogenic and your trying to lose weight obviously if your taking it. Check out lean xtreme. It's a great fat loss aid and stacked with hydroxycut it is an excellent combo. But make sure you are in a calorie deficit when taking these products, otherwise your wasting your money.

how and what do i train if i want to have a bigger areola?

the missus complains that i have a small, firm, pinkish ones. Shes feeling uneasy because its too perfect. Ima need to make it bigger so that she feels comfy with dat...

"you think you're better than me.. with your rock hard abs and your dynamite areolas?"

that one work out where you lay on your back, someones standing above your head, you grab their ankle and you raise your legs, and push it down...over and over and over...

worst things ive ever put myself through

Worst abs workout I ever did was at jiu jitsu, started with normal crunches, then those bicycle crunches, then the ones you said above then finished with one guy standing, jump and wrap your legs around them and then do crunches from your head touching the floor until you're completely upright again.

i lived with the same roommate for 2 years in quebec city and at some point, aside from the gym, he started doing muay thair and his trainings were pretty hardcore. kicking each other all the time while doing abs or any exercise, suffering as much as possible. in not too long he looked like a killer though

i lived with the same roommate for 2 years in quebec city and at some point, aside from the gym, he started doing muay thair and his trainings were pretty hardcore. kicking each other all the time while doing abs or any exercise, suffering as much as possible. in not too long he looked like a killer though

I just got skinny doing Jiu Jitsu, was 160lbs at 6'2" at my lowest.