supermeatheads

kunk75

I can't afford food right now! I moved out and changed jobs. Don't even have my cellphone right now.

I was just trying to build muscle, especially my arms and chest. I am 17 and turning 18 next weekend. I used to bench 110lbs my sophomore year but now I bench 185lbs so I feel really happy about that. In the meantime, I just want to keep building up my upper body because I do have really long arms and legs.

I can't afford food right now! I moved out and changed jobs. Don't even have my cellphone right now.

I was just trying to build muscle, especially my arms and chest. I am 17 and turning 18 next weekend. I used to bench 110lbs my sophomore year but now I bench 185lbs so I feel really happy about that. In the meantime, I just want to keep building up my upper body because I do have really long arms and legs.

then I'm sorry, you're not going to get any bigger or build any sort of muscle..

there's no way around it

evilcrayon, you can still eat big for fairly cheap. Eat pasta, ground beef, oatmeal, tuna, rice, chicken thighs and peanut butter. All that stuff is good and cheap. When you get some more money then you can get some better food to eat.

You should also work out you legs. If your lower body looks anything like your upper body, it certainly needs work too. By ignoring your legs, you are neglecting 2 major lifts; the deadlift and squat. Compound movements in combination with an excess of calories and sufficient protein levels will help you grow.

evilcrayon, you can still eat big for fairly cheap. Eat pasta, ground beef, oatmeal, tuna, rice, chicken thighs and peanut butter. All that stuff is good and cheap. When you get some more money then you can get some better food to eat.

You should also work out you legs. If your lower body looks anything like your upper body, it certainly needs work too. By ignoring your legs, you are neglecting 2 major lifts; the deadlift and squat. Compound movements in combination with an excess of calories and sufficient protein levels will help you grow.

To elaborate on this advice - whole wheat pasta and brown rice (if possible), chicken breasts have triple the protein of thighs, although more expensive. Add to that low fat cottage cheese if you can find it cheap, and some cheap protein powder (mix it with apple juice for after workout).

hey if you are on a very tight budget you should then cook every single one of your meals. For $40/week at the grocers you can have all the stuff mentioned above. and that will give you about 6 meals a day. 7*6=42 meals, a little over a dollar a meal.

going out to eat for a meal is at least $5 to $10. do the math and you see my point.

next concern would be can you afford the time and effort. you have to work hard and cook your meals. if i catch you eating at burger king getting the king size meal when you should be home eating pasta with tuna cans i will be a very sad gaydad

yes, and some water-packed canned chicken would be good too. add some stewed tomatoes too if you like. and eat the tuna, not just the tuna can;)

hey if you are on a very tight budget you should then cook every single one of your meals. For $40/week at the grocers you can have all the stuff mentioned above. and that will give you about 6 meals a day. 7*6=42 meals, a little over a dollar a meal.

going out to eat for a meal is at least $5 to $10. do the math and you see my point.

next concern would be can you afford the time and effort. you have to work hard and cook your meals. if i catch you eating at burger king getting the king size meal when you should be home eating pasta with tuna cans i will be a very sad gaydad

i eat a lot of cashews and almonds and i wanted to try something new and natural. so the other day i cracked open the nuts that the squirrels eat, i think they are called acorn or something. it tastes like sour newspaper, even the more aged ones. but i was determined to use all the free nuts i was getting in my lawn so i looked up online and here is some recipes for acorn:

http://www.sanaturalareas.org/acorns.html

2842761551_6a0326da42.jpg?v=0

me at 6'2 185lbs.

what good exercises can i do to increase the thickness of my biceps and shoulders?

i've been doing alot of reverse dumbbell curls and barbell shoulder presses, but isn't really helping.

for biceps:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/mondays_with_thibs_jack_up_your_arms_with_mechanical_drop_sets

as for shoulders i need help on that too

lateral raises are the best aesthetic shoulder movement. not the best for strength though.

Picture006-2.jpg

me at 6'2 185lbs.

what good exercises can i do to increase the thickness of my biceps and shoulders?

i've been doing alot of reverse dumbbell curls and barbell shoulder presses, but isn't really helping.

i'd say if you wanna add strength and core build, throw in some military presses and overhead presses. add some lateral raises and reverse dumbell flys for side and rear delts

from the size of your neck and head, it looks like you may have a somewhat small frame but you have some mass on you which is good. your traps on a bit big compared to the rest of you but that may be the picture

i eat a lot of cashews and almonds and i wanted to try something new and natural. so the other day i cracked open the nuts that the squirrels eat, i think they are called acorn or something. it tastes like sour newspaper, even the more aged ones. but i was determined to use all the free nuts i was getting in my lawn so i looked up online and here is some recipes for acorn:

http://www.sanaturalareas.org/acorns.html

Nasty.

Pumpkin seeds are really good though.

i'd say if you wanna add strength and core build, throw in some military presses and overhead presses. add some lateral raises and reverse dumbell flys for side and rear delts

from the size of your neck and head, it looks like you may have a somewhat small frame but you have some mass on you which is good. your traps on a bit big compared to the rest of you but that may be the picture

yeah i don't have really wide shoulders, which is why one of my goals is to add mass to my delts. usually i do 12-14 sets on my shoulders consisting first of dumbbell presses, supersetting with arnold presses, then burning out with side and front raises.

yeah i don't have really wide shoulders, which is why one of my goals is to add mass to my delts. usually i do 12-14 sets on my shoulders consisting first of dumbbell presses, supersetting with arnold presses, then burning out with side and front raises.

you can get a really nice broad body image by evening out chest with shoulders. even if your delts arent big, a broad chest is much more aestheticall appealing. gives off the illusion that you are bigger than you are. i dont work out my shoulders too much, plus you should be able to get a decent shoulder workout doing some chest...i wouldnt over do it.

rub chicken breasts with:

1 tspn dry mustard

2 tspn brown sugar

1 tsp salt

1 tsp black pepper

1 tsp paprika

grill or broil. good stuff.

or

1 tbsp soy sauce

1 tbsp rice wine vinegar

2 tbsp ketchup

1 tbsp chopped garlic

1/2 cup olive oil

throw chicken in a zip lock with the aforemenbtioned and let marinate for 3 hours.

btw, almonds are cheap at trader joe's

and a week off once in a while does a world of good.

sucks that almonds are actually not cheap...i get 3 bags for $12 and needless ot say, finish the 3 bags pretty fast.

someone give me some good chicken recipes. im tired of eating chicken breasts with spinash and leafy greens with vinegar...shit is boring.

thanks kunk. only downside is that i dont have much time to cook as I get work everyday at 6, play tennis or hit the gym and by the time i'm back, its already like 9 and im too tired to actually cook. but i just gotta stop being lazy and just do it...

ugh i've been eating bad...Panda Express and Pho will be the death of my body