supermeatheads

kunk75

Guest walter_is_lame
I did 100 push ups last year and my weak girl arms got me through week 4 before I lost interest. If you're reasonably fit and have access to weights, there are probably programs that are more worth your time but its a nice challenge without much of a time commitment. You're a cyclist right? Big part of why that program interested me is because I cycle and my lower body is way out of proportion to my top half. That and I knew it'd be a couple of months before I could join a gym.

Yeah I cycle all the time.

I cycle my protein sources OHHHHHHHHHHH SHITTTTTTTTT

i actually bought the rapid fat loss book by lyle mcdonald, and i think i'm game to try it for maybe a week or two. i'm about 60 pages in, thinking i may initiate tomorrow even.

looking at it, i say i'm almost category 1, but probably better suited for category 2 with my lifestyle. i don't know how i feel about the lack of exercise, but anaerobic training should do some good.

any tips for the starvation that i'm about to induce on my body lol

edit: overall, having read through most of this book, it seems like a terrible idea to induce this to the body, and even potentially ineffective. but, i can't say that i'm not curious. i think i'd be down to try this for the advised 2 week period and then just resume a significantly more moderate diet from there, something similar to what i'm currently on.

edit2: thinking about it some more though...i think i'll hold off on this. i think i'll maintain my regular and sane exercise+diet regimen, and, if i'm unhappy with my progress 2 weeks before going back home for summertime, then i might give this a kickstart. otherwise, all the prep work, hunger pangs, metabolic crashes, pills and all involved seem a bit....extreme.

just thought i'd post an update mostly for myself and for anyone who might be marginally curious.

on week 4 of my diet. so far lost about 5 pounds, but i think i look like i've lost more, which is nice :o

i've been maintaining a total of 500 calories burned per day, and i've been splitting it 250:250 HIIT to LISS, meaning about 12 intervals of HIIT followed by a 25 min jog to total my workout.

....i think i should be doing some resistance training, but i've mostly been too lazy + feeling my low calorie intake isnt gonna help me bulk anyway.

i decided to lower my calorie intake even further for faster results, so i'm skimping on lunch. basically taking in a bunch of veggies+granola+yogurt+protein powder+egg whites throughout the day to keep my hunger at bay. then i eat my one major protein intake for a semi early dinner with chicken breast in a stir fry. usually eat about...10-11 ounces of chicken breast in that meal. ah and i let myself have cheat meals about twice a week.

i'm taking a lot of protein, and nigh any fat, sugars, or carbs. i'm also on multivitamins to help with my nutrient deficiencies and thinking of getting on fish oil pills too.

it's like a more lenient PSMF built for the longterm. i know i'm kinda starving my body and i'll probably be losing LBM, but i think my genes are just a bit stubborn at holding onto fat. need faster results....

probably taking in about...1000 calories a day? woo boy...

just thought i'd post an update mostly for myself and for anyone who might be marginally curious.

on week 4 of my diet. so far lost about 5 pounds, but i think i look like i've lost more, which is nice :o

i've been maintaining a total of 500 calories burned per day, and i've been splitting it 250:250 HIIT to LISS, meaning about 12 intervals of HIIT followed by a 25 min jog to total my workout.

....i think i should be doing some resistance training, but i've mostly been too lazy + feeling my low calorie intake isnt gonna help me bulk anyway.

i decided to lower my calorie intake even further for faster results, so i'm skimping on lunch. basically taking in a bunch of veggies+granola+yogurt+protein powder+egg whites throughout the day to keep my hunger at bay. then i eat my one major protein intake for a semi early dinner with chicken breast in a stir fry. usually eat about...10-11 ounces of chicken breast in that meal. ah and i let myself have cheat meals about twice a week.

i'm taking a lot of protein, and nigh any fat, sugars, or carbs. i'm also on multivitamins to help with my nutrient deficiencies and thinking of getting on fish oil pills too.

it's like a more lenient PSMF built for the longterm. i know i'm kinda starving my body and i'll probably be losing LBM, but i think my genes are just a bit stubborn at holding onto fat. need faster results....

probably taking in about...1000 calories a day? woo boy...

Are you a girl?

video for proof.

I too want to see a video. Military style pushups also. arms at least 90 degree in bottom position. No resting at bottom position either. Hell ill give you 120 seconds to do them. A score of 100 on the army physical fitness test is like 70 something pushups. Id be impressed if you could do that in 2 mins

Edit: I know that being able to do that many pushups isn't that hard (my best was 68 after a month of trying at 176lbs) but 100 in 100 is damn impressive

What is your guys opinion on additional EAA/BCAA powders? I'm about to go on a cut for 8 weeks or so. I eat a lot of whey protein but would it be beneficial to start taking in additional EAA/BCAA's during workout? (workouts are 45-60min)

Also, I eat before I go to bed but then I don't eat anything until about 10am. I'm going 11 hours or so w/o eating. Would EAA/BCAA be beneficial? I don't wants ta lose mah musclez.

play around with this and use it as a guideline http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CSYV5HY3

then adjust your calories accordingly as your body responds and if you're carb manipulating don't confuse muscle and fat loss with initial glycogen depletion and less water retention (next to impossible to lose ~3kg of fat and/or muscle in three days or so).

lean meats are probably more helpful to overall cut than bcaa's as they keep your appetite satisfied while still providing u with protein but of course bcaa's will at the very least do nothing as whatever the dosage recommended is really not much (10 grams or whatever which is like 40 calories) so go for it if i say.

i od the hell on bcaas (about 50 grams with some sugary drink that tastes nice) during workout and don't take a protein shake (i take one before i work out) after my workout but instead go home to something like eggs, bacon and veggies but that's just me.

I think before anyone takes anyone's advice on anything, they should see what the guy giving it looks like and/or the numbers he puts up..

I just see this thread crowed with 5'10" 140 pound guys giving advice on "bulking" and "cutting" diets, what supplements they should take, and how many curls they should do.

qft.

fuck can't believe i just found this thread! I'll get some pictures up tomorrow :cool:

Edit: I lied

5'8 155lbs

5669306028_768ee0fdcd_z.jpg

Hey Knucks, I might've asked this before, but what is your style of deadlifting?

Traditionally, I'd done sumo, because my legs are really short, I felt I had an advantage. Today I tried a more conventional stance and lifted with the bar more in front of me, loading the back.

I did 7 sets of 2 (from 185 to 355), which is quite a bit lower than what I can do sumo. If I keep it up, I should be stronger this way, right?

yo, i support this treak

started lifting agian, now i'm growing out of all my pants and shirts. fuck. it's really making me rethink how i dress.

i'm gonna start a short duu threak in super trash. how should a fit short du dress and still maintain swag?

i'm only 3 weeks back to lifting and i'm now:

squating: 245x5x5

benching: 205x5 on last set

dead: 325x3 on last set

i do a modified 5x5 type work out. but i ramp up my weights to my working sets. no bull shit, all compound movements. i happy to say i still have my strength base from working out 5x a week like 3 years ago with each session being like 1.5 hours (over training concept). i am now at the gym only about 3 times a week. and sessions are only 45 mins or so.

help me out fellow bros

this is my current routine:

chest/tris

incline bench - 2 warmup sets +3x6

flat dumbbell press - 3x8

wide pushups (use to be dips but fucked up my shoulder) - 3xfailure

incline flies - 3x10

close grip dips - 3x15 (these dont hurt for some reason)

overhead extensions -3x8

rope pulldown -3x10

back/bis

deadlifts - 2 warmup sets+ 3x6

barbell row - 3x8

t bar row - 3x8

wide grip pulldown - 3x10

chinups - 3xfailure

barbell curl - 3x8

reverse curl - 3x10

shoulders

military press - 2warmup +3x6

lateral raises - 3x10

hang cleans - 3x6-8

shrugs - 3x10

legs

squats - 2 warmup+3x6

lunges -3x8

leg extension - 3x10

hamstring extensions or w/e - 3x10

calf raises - 3x10

haven't actually worked out legs in awhile though, but hows my routine? shitty? ive been at this about 2 and a half months now. haven't been eating as much or taking any supplements. probably why im not seeing any results? and my traps and forearems are laggingg :x. should i do more trap+forearm exercises?

btw tryna bulk as well as strength.

also, how2obtain wider upperbody?

First reaction is to say too many individual workouts with maybe too many reps. But would like to see some advice by the more experienced lifters.

On a personal note. I'm desperately fiending to start lifting again, but this dislocated elbow won't heal, or rather I won't stay still enough for it to heal, fast enough. Fuuuuhhhhhhh

hows my routine? shitty? ive been at this about 2 and a half months now. haven't been eating as much or taking any supplements. probably why im not seeing any results? and my traps and forearems are laggingg :x. should i do more trap+forearm exercises?

btw tryna bulk as well as strength.

also, how2obtain wider upperbody?

that volume/routine might work for some and might not work for others.

if you are not eating properly, then you're not going to get anywhere.

start eating correctly and reevaluate in a couple months. you should be able to answer your own question.. if you see results, then it's obviously a routine that will work for you at the moment. if you don't then, for you, it's a shitty routine.