supermeatheads

kunk75

So just to clarify, I can be heavy lifting while doing a good amount of cardio, and still achieve muscle gains right? Granted it would be less than if I did no cardio, it would still be possible right?

I only ask because of what I read and heard that muscle source is the first to go when you're exercising, then it's stored fat, therefore if you're doing cardio, you're using up your muscles and affecting your muscle gains... or some shit. Sounds peculiar writing it out.

i'm not sure what you're not understanding

i'll directly post the information for you since you probably didn't cross your eyes through it:

to lose weight, add calories on top of your maintenance

to gain weight, subtract calories from your maintenance

cardio is just a form of maintenance.

either way, your OP states that you don't care about losing fat, and just want to add mass. if you don't care, why bother with cardio?

No, I understand the simple idea of more calories eaten than burned is weight gain, and vise versa.

I have a question about "bulking" that might make things more clear. Why do people completely avoid any cardio while bulking? To me it sounds like cardio while bulking is detrimental to your muscle build, is that somewhat correct?

In any case, I bother with cardio because I exercise for functionality, rather than aesthetics. I wrestle, run, practice mma, so cardio is a necessity, as much as strength.

I wrestled in HS also. I say you can do wrestle style cardio, just don't run 10 mi or anything. I'm sure you do super painful conditioning workouts in wrestling, too. that's all high speed, don't stop for like half hour, right? That type of anaerobics will be helpful because you're focusing on power. Long runs are all about slow twitch muscles, which a strength person focuses on less.

To me it sounds like cardio while bulking is detrimental to your muscle build, is that somewhat correct?

it is, with most forms of cardio.

a light walk here and there is fine. so is strength-focused cardio like sled-pulling. but all within limits. if you're a dedicated wrestler or do a lot of mma, your best bet would be to try and keep the muscle you have right now.

but like leeacto said, going on long runs and crap like that has no place in wanting to gain mass.

Yeah it's not like I'm offended or anything.

What #s are you putting up now? still at 180ish?

haven't weighed myself in a while. high 180 or low 190.

i've been injured for a bit, still sorta am, but getting back to it.

my bench is going up and deadlifts are getting back to normal.

benched 250x9,3,1 last week; pulled 415x9 which felt pretty good as well.

hopefully this week will go well as well, looking to put up 265x8 and pull 435x8+

I've used a lever for years now. I like it a lot.

Getting an Inzer?

definitely an inzer or titan. I already have double-prong 13mm inzer, so I''ll most likely go with an inzer 10mm lever since I know the quality is going to be top notch.

locking up a lever belt is like a kamen rider kabuto henshin :o

feels good man

e: i use a titan toro lever belt. pretty good price too. http://www.liftinglarge.com/titantoroleverbelt.aspx

haha :)

Anyone here using Chocamine? What's the crash like? Is it a genuine appetite suppressant?

I use it. no crash. not sure how well of an appetite suppressant it is but then again nothing has ever suppressed my appetite.