supermeatheads

kunk75

Still doing Crossfit. My endurance has increased a lot, but I'm going to try some 2 a days every so often to make sure I stay strong.

Last Monday I did the following workout, called Linda:

10 sets, starting with 10 reps and decreasing by 1 of:

Deadlift (1.5x body weight, 270lb)

Bench (body weight, 180)

Power Clean from ground (.75x body weight, 135)

• 2 weeks later...

Well first you need to gauge your recovery ability. I don't think maximal strength gains can be achieved with a three day total body workout, especially if adding in HIIT.

But if you have above average recovery than I don't think it'd be a problem.

Since it sounds like you're bored with split training though, I think maybe a crossfit program would be best. Well, I'm sure leeacto will chime in on this.

My opinion of what you should do though, is

Do a routine that is based off squat/bench/dead/ohp - maybe 5/3/1 or just a westside routine. You'll gain crazy strength off both (at least according to the hundreds/thousands that follow these routines and post about their experience.) SPBR is a great strength routine as well.

Now for diet, just follow the warrior diet. So far everyone that follows the warrior diet/leangains approach make significant strength gains while losing bodyfat and retaining muscle mass. So it'd be perfect for you imo. I haven't heard too many stories of people bulking up on this diet though.

Perfect recomp diet.

intensity on max effort days.

swallow your pride and check your ego at the door for dynamic effort days. speed is key. poundage is not.

if done right, strength gains will come at you in leaps and bounds. at least it did for me a few years back when I ran it. first time I hit 300+/430+/500+ on B/S/D was on the wsbb routine.

hey guys spring is coming around and im planning to plan a cut. right now im steady bulking at around mid-170lbs 10%bf. hopefully get to 8% in april. everytime i cut i lose a lot of muscle and gain it back lean so it evens out. but hopefully this time i can just cut fat and not loose too much muscle like the usual cuts. what deficit do you guys recomend

i think 40-40-20 works well for me so maybe a 300-500 deficit for 12 weeks. not sure yet. any resources is apprecaite

^^ I'm pretty much gonna do the same thing. 40-40-20 and about 500kc under maint. Supposedly taking BCAA's helps to retain muscle when cutting. I've never done it so I can't say if it does or not.

^^ hmm yea maybe bcaa but i have a skeptic about putting faith in supplements. im on the fence about cardio wonder what ppl think. most articles for the more higher bf% people. not too much article to teach to get from relatively lean to super shred.

hello fellow supermeatheads! that time of the year again.

i've been stim-free for about 6-months now so i'm looking to try something again. narrowed down to two choices:

pre-surge unleashed + intrabolic (Athletic Edge Nutrition)

or

green magnitude + purple in-train + white flood ? (Controlled Labs)