supermeatheads

kunk75

on the real, though, one of my best bros runs a lot on top of his weight lifting and boxing. wish i had his drive, makes me jelly sometimes...

ive been doing this after lifting recently and have found it to be a waste of energy

i was at my leanest when i lifted everyday and didnt do cardio.

Diet is everything.

it seems like a lot of the lifters I know have been running into some road bump this week.. myself included.. taking 10 days off from lifting because of illness.

what about you? sick or injuries or both?

long lurking injuries.

started a lot of mobility work, found all my weaknesses and issues.

sucks.

taking things slow now..

One year ago I was pretty much anorexic. I weighed 114lbs. I decided to start lifting but my original goal was to gain 5lbs. of muscle. But, I got addicted and I actually gained 50 pounds total from 114 to 165. oh and got some tattoos too lol.

Currently on a cut for a month or two to lean out for summer before I bulk again. I used a 3 day routine of legs / chest + triceps / back + shoulders + biceps. Supps. are whey protein, fish oil and multivitamin, and a pre-workout like Jack3d.

apr20102.jpgapr20112.jpg

p.s. I don't use that shitty bench in the back for anything serious btw.

I've come to love my wide hips :).. embrace the stability! lol

anyways, it feels good to be back.. lost a shitload of water and fat from the illness. hopefully, I gain it back within a week so I can start going full steam. everythinggggg felt heavy today.

thanks bros! I love lifting now, can't ever see myself quitting.

Part of the reason I was able to gain weight fairly quickly is that I'm a endo/mesomorph body type. It actually took a lot of (misguided) effort to get that skinny.

Also, I didn't squat for the first 3 months of my bulk. Once I really got into squatting my gains really improved. I fucking hate leg day, but I love leg day.

for the longest time i wouldnt dip on the military / push press cause someone along the way got it in my head that that was cheating.....

I don't view as a push press as cheating.. I see it as it's own movement.

given that, I don't view military presses = push press.

overhead press = feet apart, hips/knees locked

military press = overhead press but with heels together

push press = overhead press without hips/knees locked

they each have their place.. btw, the push press is a great way to hit the triceps/lockout strength

Never thought about specific foot placement on the different presses. usually I just put the difference at "if the knees are locked"

yeah, there isn't too much a difference with foot placement. the locking of the hips and knees are what really differentiate the two types of standing overhead pressing movements.