supermeatheads

kunk75

• 2 weeks later...

^after taking a week off for vacation and pulling a PR of 315 x 5 with no grip troubles, i believe this statement. finally reached a goal of three plates! i'm going for four plates by the end of the summer. 

what's your plan for 4 plates? I'm at the same level, just wondering how the fuck you're gonna stack 90 pounds in 3 months. grayskull? smolov? diggin that shit tho

what's your plan for 4 plates? I'm at the same level, just wondering how the fuck you're gonna stack 90 pounds in 3 months. grayskull? smolov? diggin that shit tho

haha really just a pipe dream. no real routines i am looking at, but with the extra time available, just planned on eating more (which was a problem with my wacky schedule) and going very consistently. i think i had the potential already to pull 3 plates before, but my grip was really weak. i'll look into smolov though, seems interesting.

i'm getting a dull pain in the middle my back at the bottom of an overhead squat. any clue guys?

do you feel it only on your heavy sets? i haven't had this particular problem but just make sure your lockout is solid,your chest is wide open and you shrug like your life depends on it. if you feel like it's a back flexibility issue, you can try building up to a wrestler's bridge as part of your stretching or accessory exercises. it helped me a lot with clean grip overhead squats

do you feel it only on your heavy sets? i haven't had this particular problem but just make sure your lockout is solid,your chest is wide open and you shrug like your life depends on it. if you feel like it's a back flexibility issue, you can try building up to a wrestler's bridge as part of your stretching or accessory exercises. it helped me a lot with clean grip overhead squats

without hands?

No thanks Jeff.

Edited by oww

Getting in on this. let me start of by saying that im a total noob to this shit. ive lurked some body building threads and this one and want to bulk up (add around 10-15 pounds) im currently 6'3 184.5 pounds.

looking around i was thinking of going the 5x5 route too. ive had a lot of friends throughout highschool and college get injured from lifting and i guess its whats holding me back/making me a bit nervous about it seeing as i already have bad knees from skateboarding.

anyone have any suggestions on routines? A good amount of weight to start with etc?

any help will be appreciated.

thanks

• 1 month later...

hurt my wrist a few weeks ago in a biking accident, so i've had to take it slow... my usual exercises that involve heavy wrist bending like power cleans, front squats, bench are no go's currently. I practiced my snatch form however and was able to get up to 115 x 5. think i could've done a plate, but went slow because of the wrist issues. here's to getting that snatch down!

• 2 weeks later...

Wondering If anyone has had the same problem and can help me out

Started lifting weights 6 weeks ago and have been going good steadily increasing my weight but the past week every time I lift ( right at the start of my workout ) I get this throbbing headache and feel a little sick , I googled and found a few things about "weightlifters headache"

Has anyone had a similar problem and have any advise on how to tackle it ( don't know if it makes a difference but I had a cold a few days before the first headache )

Wondering If anyone has had the same problem and can help me out

Started lifting weights 6 weeks ago and have been going good steadily increasing my weight but the past week every time I lift ( right at the start of my workout ) I get this throbbing headache and feel a little sick , I googled and found a few things about "weightlifters headache"

Has anyone had a similar problem and have any advise on how to tackle it ( don't know if it makes a difference but I had a cold a few days before the first headache )

How hard are you going to cause the headache? i.e. smashing it..... or warming up. Are you taking any kind of pre workout, food before hand? Do you have high blood pressure? 

I sometimes get a headache (throbbing) if I go in cold, no warm up and start lifting heavy. Laying flat on the bench makes it worse. Maybe try 5 minutes on the bike before weights and see if that makes a difference. Also if you are taking stimulants it could cause a headache (coffee).

• 2 weeks later...

terrible workout at the gym today. already knew it was going to be bad when i started stretching, my muscles were so tight even after. loaded two plates onto the squat rack and just buckled, settled for just 175 for a few light sets... then i did power cleans with the olympic bar and it slipped heavy when i was cradling onto my neck... burst a callus open on my hand and started bleeding everywhere. i called it a day after that.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't believe I am just finding this thread. I've been lifting (actually lifting) for about 2 years now. I started out at 118lb, 5.3' with about 10ish % body fat. As is often the case I started after a bad break-up in 2012. 

I now weigh 140lb and mark in just under 8% trying for 6-7%  which isn't hard when the weathers nice since I can get on the track and do sprints and agility. Hoping to pack on a but more mass, will try to get some recent pictures soon. 

Anyways thought I would share my progress with you guys. 

This is me last year around september, weighed around the 130 mark. 

S84skq8l.jpgyUY7cb4l.jpgiKyVCKvl.jpg?1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...