SuperMeetup NYC

braid

yeah, I know I should probably do that like last year, but I'll be starting school and it's my first semester so I want to be there.

maybe I could come for a 4 day weekend or something. I'll see... anyway, we can definitely roll this time :D

yeah, I know I should probably do that like last year, but I'll be starting school and it's my first semester so I want to be there.

maybe I could come for a 4 day weekend or something. I'll see... anyway, we can definitely roll this time :D

I wanna be there to witness this, we might leave for Paris later in sept instead of the first week, if that's the case I assume that's the weekend you wanna go (first of sept)...

Note: I can also come in august but I think I'd only stay 3-4 days no matter the date, I need to seriously preserve my liver now that I've reached old age

yeah, too expensive

he's either doin williamsburg or way uptown. too much $$$ anywhere else.

Williamsburg cheap???

Harlem/morningside/anywhere above 96th st. is cheap I guess.

What about the rest of brooklyn or queens? Or is he looking for somewhere that's still relatively close to Manhattan?

harlem and bushwick are the two cheapest areas in nyc to live, but even both of them are rapidly changing so...fuck dude...i'm about to say fuck it and just start squating...

word. i live in spanish harlem now, and will get my own place in the area in a year. what part of nyc do you reside, liberation?

Williamsburg cheap???

Harlem/morningside/anywhere above 96th st. is cheap I guess.

What about the rest of brooklyn or queens? Or is he looking for somewhere that's still relatively close to Manhattan?

he's shopping around. Was about to close on a 2 bedroom on 93rd and 3rd (I think thats what it was) for $2350 a month (he's splitting w/ a roommate), but someone snatched it up. So now he's been checking out Williamsburg, where the pricing is considerably less than on the island, and he's checking out Bed-Stuy area, and various other locales. Last I talked to him he'd checked out over 35 places, but brokers are assholes and he was still looking. Sucks.

he's shopping around. Was about to close on a 2 bedroom on 93rd and 3rd (I think thats what it was) for $2350 a month (he's splitting w/ a roommate), but someone snatched it up. So now he's been checking out Williamsburg, where the pricing is considerably less than on the island, and he's checking out Bed-Stuy area, and various other locales. Last I talked to him he'd checked out over 35 places, but brokers are assholes and he was still looking. Sucks.

Damn, that's crazy.

I've been thinking of moving out/looking at places around the city and the best deals are in Bed-stuy/bushwick area in brooklyn, and Queens isn't that bad either, I've found a couple rooms in astoria and stuff but the price range I've been looking at is probably wayy lower than what your brothers is (considering I'm a full time student and all). Harlem isn't that terrible of an area either. The area around columbia is pretty nice, if a bit dead in terms of stuff to do, but it's not that expensive either.

oh and fookums i didn't know you live in manhattan, we gotta chill when it's not balls hot outside

wrddzz. The weather wasn't that bad lately, but it looks like it's gonna kill at the end of this week.

I think I might check out joey's bbq also if I don't get anything better to do (which means I'll probably check it out haha).

^ astoria is pretty cheap eh? lots of hipsterish people movin in there too lately from what i hear...area around columbia is pretty nice i think, you got the riverside right there so you can run/bike/whatevz, colleges so lots of young/nice folk, lots of good/casual restaurants...

^ astoria is pretty cheap eh? lots of hipsterish people movin in there too lately from what i hear...area around columbia is pretty nice i think, you got the riverside right there so you can run/bike/whatevz, colleges so lots of young/nice folk, lots of good/casual restaurants...

i lived near morningside heights for 5 years, it's lame. riverside park sucks, the restaurants are bogus and anyone cool who goes to school goes downtown to hang out anyway.

xposting because important:

i will be in NYC August 18-22. Been calling a bunch of hotels and they require someone 21 or older to check in. Even hostels require a minimum age of 18. Myself and my friend are only 17. Anyone have any ideas about what to do? Maybe someone's been in same situation? Maybe even someone want to check with us so we can get the room, because we're paying cash anyways. Or maybe an empty basement or apartment? Someone lemme know, I'll pay you if you end up solving this for me..

Thanks