Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

hi guys, i was just wondering if anyone had gotten hold of some S510XX24OZL's yet? i have some on pre order from rekuten! i ordered my exact waist size (going by the websites "washed" size guide) and wondered how the sizing was coming in with these jeans?

P.S, i have lurked here for a while now and have found this forum to be very informative, i hope to contribute soon with some usefull info of my own;-)

peace

dylan

if you pre ordered them from japan, then odds are they arent out yet and you will be one of the first ones to receive them. i havent seen any pics of them on here yet so i hope you ordered the right size. going TTS usually is a safe bet

hi guys, i was just wondering if anyone had gotten hold of some S510XX24OZL's yet? i have some on pre order from rekuten! i ordered my exact waist size (going by the websites "washed" size guide) and wondered how the sizing was coming in with these jeans?

P.S, i have lurked here for a while now and have found this forum to be very informative, i hope to contribute soon with some usefull info of my own;-)

peace

dylan

Dylan, I've read that that model doesn't come out until 6/30, so I don't think anyone has gotten a hold of them yet . Like chantheman said, since you preordered them, you'll be among the first on SuFu to see them firsthand.

but to add little bit (just guessing here).

they are most likely true to tag size when raw so will end up smaller than tagged. that's very common witj all the heavier Samurai stuff.

but in the end, like everybody said, you'll be one of the first to explore it

most people here compare cuts to the historically Levi's cuts, such as '47s, '55s, '66s and so on.

the actual Levi's 501 you can buy now in every store is also changed every other season and AFAIK differs from Europe to USA, for example.

your safest bet is to take a S0500XX or S5000VX. just look for the measurements (www.blueingreensoho.com) and compare with your current jeans

Got the S510XX24OZL in the mail last week from Japan, size 28. Comparing the fitting with the regular S510xx24OZ size 29,

L1020817.jpg

L1020818.jpg

L1020819.jpg

L1020823.jpg

L1020821.jpg

L1020824.jpg

L1020835.jpg

L1020828.jpg

L1020831.jpg

L1020832.jpg

In my opinion, the S510XX24OZL is not as stiff as the regular S510XX24OZ, I could easily button all the way up, vs. when the first time I tried to button the regular S510XX24OZ (when it's raw), it was VERY painful.

peace

They are true to size, but a bit loser than the regular S510XX24OZ.

The_Ming: exactly my point!

Rob1031: Any sport equipment spray should do. My 1001 are fading beatifully without any signs of chemical effect.

And again freezer trick worked well for my SJDJ. Nothing has appeared to be unusual.

Thanks for the useful advice!

looks like Samurai do their 2nd official contest after the Yamato one:

http://www.samurai-j.com/samurai/s0110xx_honten/index.html

how come people like we don't have a chance of joining? It's sad. The model look interesting. I like the hidden Jin arcs.

the red stitiching...not all is perfect :D

looks like Samurai do their 2nd official contest after the Yamato one:

http://www.samurai-j.com/samurai/s0110xx_honten/index.html

how come people like we don't have a chance of joining? It's sad. The model look interesting. I like the hidden Jin arcs.

the red stitiching...not all is perfect :D

are they selling it?

peace

They are true to size, but a bit loser than the regular S510XX24OZ.

hey vintage*collecter, did you get your true size in those? or did you size up? i have ordered my exact size and wanted to give them a hot(ish) wash before doning them for the first time! i guess i will have to put something in the waaist band to stop it shrinking down too much! i dont know how that will pan out though! i hope they end up fitting like yours do, they rock mate.

oh and thanks for all of your replys

dylan

I stand corrected. One of the Rakuten stores (aikidou, I think) said that these weren't out until 6/30. Another (BAS, I think) said that they would be released sometime in July. Clearly, you've proven them wrong.

yeah i have orered mine from aikidou!, they will be getting stock on the 30th of this month!! i think samurai are trickleing these out due to the fact that they can only produce small quantity's of there 24oz denim per day!??

peace

hey vintage*collecter, did you get your true size in those? or did you size up? i have ordered my exact size and wanted to give them a hot(ish) wash before doning them for the first time! i guess i will have to put something in the waaist band to stop it shrinking down too much! i dont know how that will pan out though! i hope they end up fitting like yours do, they rock mate.

oh and thanks for all of your replys

dylan

Thanks! I don't usually post anything on SF, but I know how it feels when people pre-ordered a pair jeans, and have to wait forever for them to come in, therefore I wanted to give some of my input to you.

Anyways the regular S510XX24OZ (size 29) is my true waist size, I did a hot soak when it was new, it was fitted right above my hips for the first few days, now it stretched a little too much for me, I can pull off the jeans without unbuttoning, and the front pockets area is very lose. So I ordered the S510XX24OZL in size 28, but it felt the same as when I first got my regular S510XX24OZ (size 29) on the waist, the difference is the front pockets areas is slimmer.

Hope this can help!