College Acceptance Letters

Mr Calvin Oscar

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks man! I'll let you know how it goes.

you're considering u chicago? u chicago came down to my last 3 picks, but the visit i took there really turned me off of them. too depressing and stressful imo. anyways, i ended up picking a school that was prolly more work and stress (but minus the shitty chicago winters).

pomona college in claremont is really nice, my bro goes to harvey mudd right next to it

i went to a party there. everyone there was black and super nice to me. fraternities and sororities doing their steps. it felt like i was in stomp the yard pt. 2. it was awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the right thread but quick question for those in the know:

How easy is it for an out of state graduate in International Relations (Spring '09) to apply/get into FIT as an International Trade & Marketing major? Relatively easy since they'd want to rape me for out of state tuition?

Not sure if this is the right thread but quick question for those in the know:

How easy is it for an out of state graduate in International Relations (Spring '09) to apply/get into FIT as an International Trade & Marketing major? Relatively easy since they'd want to rape me for out of state tuition?

I'm applying for FIT as well, and I'm all the way in California (yeah, stupid, I just wanted to see if I'd get in really)

I think it'd be fairly easy, as long as your secondary school grades are high...

and as someone said before, I think it's easier if you're a girl, haha.

Guest Methimphibian

Applied to USC today, I don't think I'll get it in hahaha, the only reason I'm applying is because I'm black and have a 3.77 GPA and a transfer student, decent community service, so maybe....

if not I'll just be going to CSU fullerton or another Cal State~

Applied to USC today, I don't think I'll get it in hahaha, the only reason I'm applying is because I'm black and have a 3.77 GPA and a transfer student, decent community service, so maybe....

are you transferring from a cc? 3.77 gpa in a cc + black = win.

dude are you kidding? you'll for sure get in as a transfer, no doubt.

just need to write one mo' essay about "something important to me" and then i will send in my shit to:

UT at Austin safety

Southwestern University safety

Pomona not so safe

Emerson not so safe

Hendrix safe

anyone ahve any experience with pomona? thats where im really wanting to go, but I see they place a heavy emphasis on the interview, but i cant go tehre to visit and make an interview. I've been emailing them about finding an alumnus in my area but no dice.

Pomona is a good school, really small. I have a good friend who's out there and he's really enjoying it. You should call them and find out if they have interview centers or their admissions counselors for your specific area are coming through so you can sit down for a face to face. Since Emerson didn't offer an interview, I had to chat up the admissions lady for my area during a college fair and made sure she remembered me. Not that it helped me get in, but you get the idea. Interviews are really important now more than ever considering how many kids are applying to colleges.

Are those your only choices? What are you going for, theatre, or straight liberal arts? I only learned after I got here that my school has like the #2 theatre program in the country, not that it makes it any easier for me (undeclared) to figure out what I want to do (I don't do theatre).

Guest Methimphibian
CSU fullerton is a huge step down from USC..

haha that's true, but I'm in between P.R. and Public Administration major, and would like to stay close to LA. might apply to a 4th school though.

Good luck you guys. The first half of my senior year was fucking terrible because of procrastination with applications... and then rejections and acceptions and finding out the school you want to go too would put you way too far in debt.

Anyways, life gets better... try to get all your shit in sooner rather than later so you don't have it weighing down on you.

I'm applying to Texas A&M for a masters in international affairs. Also applying to USC, GW, American and Denver, but I have the best connections in Aggieland

hhhoooommmoooo

UT maww fukka HOOK em horns Hook em

ok but legit question: can i get into pomona without an interview if i got a legit application.

Holy shit some really smartasses here :(

Naaa branesplode, this was my one and only chance, I miscalculated how many times I'd have to take the SATs... apparently just this once. haha

Subject Tests on Dec 6th though, what do you guys think were the easiest subjects? For people who suck at math, at least.

Subject Tests on Dec 6th though, what do you guys think were the easiest subjects? For people who suck at math, at least.

I took the US History one the day after the AP USH test. Came home from the AP test dicked around all day and didn't study at all. Ended up with 800 on the subject test and a 3 on the AP :confused:.

biology - ecology version was way easy as well.

I took the US History one the day after the AP USH test. Came home from the AP test dicked around all day and didn't study at all. Ended up with 800 on the subject test and a 3 on the AP :confused:.

biology - ecology version was way easy as well.

holy shit.

yeah I probably shouldn't have waited till senior year to take the subject SAT for hist.