Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

Should I size down 1 when buying the Elephant 3 WG or should I buy TTS?

Does the upper-thigh area stretch a lot? Because I have muscular quads and if there is no stretching at all I guess i had to size up.

I sized down 1 on my E2 SG if that helps, they were heavier. And still stretched out 

Should I size down 1 when buying the Elephant 3 WG or should I buy TTS?

Does the upper-thigh area stretch a lot? Because I have muscular quads and if there is no stretching at all I guess i had to size up.

Stretch on the thighs will not be noticeable (quarter of an inch at the most for most brands) As a rule of thumb size down if the thigh down will fit well day 1, true to size if its too small. If a pair of sanforized denim requires you to size up past your true waist you're probably looking at the wrong fit. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys

We don't usually post in here too much but we thought that might be of interest to you guys. From NF's last blog post : 

NEW Fading Contest #4-Okayama Spirit

It’s time for our 4th fading contest!

This contest will be for our Okayama Spirit jeans. The jeans come in three fits: SuperSkinnyGuy, WeirdGuy and SlimGuy – so you can choose any of the three to compete!

The rare slub yarn that makes this denim, as well as the pure indigo dye, are the keys to it’s beauty. In order to preserve the rare beauty of this fabric, we have kept it in it’s greige unsanforized state. That means it will shrink one full size in the wash, but fade with beautiful and unique results. Expect 1″ of shrinkage in the waist, and 2″ in length when soaked/washed for the first time.

These jeans are available to purchase now in stores worldwide and you can find them online here: SuperSkinnyGuyWeirdGuySlimGuy

To enter, all you have to do is buy a pair of these jeans and send us a photo of the front and back of the jeans. Please also include your name and email address. Then, wear your jeans hard and beat them up for 6 months! As your jeans fade, please send us progress photos. Finally, on June 1, 2014 please send us a photo of your jeans and we will choose from all the entries and announce the winners!

Looking forward to seeing all these great slubby fades.

Edited by Tate + Yoko Staff

Straight Stretch Selvedge, 3 months everyday wear, just prior to first wash. They actually ended up looking roughly the same after the wash, fades just slightly whiter and less electric blue.

g1wVBaT.jpg

beDyfSv.jpghIRviqr.jpg

KHKfTiM.jpgkVK3dTi.jpgXXgOfGA.jpg

What do you do about crotch blowout? I've got big thighs, so my jeans all meet that fate relatively quickly. 

Hey guys

We don't usually post in here too much but we thought that might be of interest to you guys. From NF's last blog post : 

NEW Fading Contest #4-Okayama Spirit

It’s time for our 4th fading contest!

This contest will be for our Okayama Spirit jeans. The jeans come in three fits: SuperSkinnyGuy, WeirdGuy and SlimGuy – so you can choose any of the three to compete!

The rare slub yarn that makes this denim, as well as the pure indigo dye, are the keys to it’s beauty. In order to preserve the rare beauty of this fabric, we have kept it in it’s greige unsanforized state. That means it will shrink one full size in the wash, but fade with beautiful and unique results. Expect 1″ of shrinkage in the waist, and 2″ in length when soaked/washed for the first time.

These jeans are available to purchase now in stores worldwide and you can find them online here: SuperSkinnyGuyWeirdGuySlimGuy

To enter, all you have to do is buy a pair of these jeans and send us a photo of the front and back of the jeans. Please also include your name and email address. Then, wear your jeans hard and beat them up for 6 months! As your jeans fade, please send us progress photos. Finally, on June 1, 2014 please send us a photo of your jeans and we will choose from all the entries and announce the winners!

Looking forward to seeing all these great slubby fades.

Hate to make a snarky first sufu post, but if you trust Blue Owl's measurements (not to mention T & Y's "general size charts"), it looks like N&F once again bungled the inseam length on their unsanforized offerings. I would have been interested in a pair of Okayama SlimGuys, but shrinking to a 32" or less inseam is a deal breaker for me and just about anybody under 5 foot 10. Seems like the Oni Collab travesty all over again. Would love to know why N&F does this.  

@kaelie - Nothing you can do about blowouts if you have big thighs - I have the same experience.

I've found that washing your jeans when you first get them helps to prolong the inevitable, but all mine go around 6 months.

Check the repairs thread for recommended places to get them fixed. I use SENY through a proxy (they don't accept mail-ins), but there are other options.

Check blueowls blog. The next shipment of the Okayama spirits will have a longer inseam pre soak. And a 32 isn't bad in the first place. I'm 6'2 and a 32 inseam still stacks a bit.

All your height must be in your torso...

For example, I'm 5'10 and if I go shorter than a 32" inseam, I'm showing ankle when I walk. 

It depends on the cut of the pant, too. Weird guy has a pretty low rise, if I recall correctly, which is why a 32" and shorter inseam doesn't always work for certain people. 

Edited by TresUnCool

I recently purchased the Naked & Famous Weird guy vintage dungaree selvedge TAPERED. They were on sale for $81 on Nordstrom online. The inseam is 32". I'm wondering if the inseam will be too short as I am 6 feet tall. Will the inseam look okay with my height? Will the inseam shrink when I soak or wash in the future? Feedback/help appreciated 

Edited by Wasianman

Well I'm super stoked and super let down. I decided to give N&F a go stricktly to try the cut. In the past I have stuck with IH and samurai. I have read a decent amount of people talking about problems with construction. So I purchased a pair of weird Guy LHT to give them a try. To get right to the point, The size 34 are the best fitting jeans I ever had. They fit like a glove. So I wore them out one night to a concert and fell in love with them. I came home and immediatley ordered a pair of ele3s. Well last night I went out to see a movie in the LHTs for the second time and when I came home I noticed the patch is coming unsewn ( about 1/4" on all 4 corners) and there is some breakage on the stitching by the pocket. I really love the WG cut but if I have issues after 2 light wears I will be buying a new pair every month.