Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

My ex gf had a pair of Naked and Famous, i dont remember exactly what cut she ended up getting but it was pretty nice. She had ordered online and didnt get the sizing right so they were a little big but i would say go for it. It was most likely the Skinny Girl cut that she had gotten.

I have only one N&F shirt, but I have worn it about 20 times and it looks brand new still. Also, the fabric and stitching seems top notch. Really heavy weight too.

I'm not doubting your story. How old were those shirts? Mine was from the Spring 12 season so maybe they've cleaned up their act in the last year or so.

2 from last sesason and the other was the pinstripe denim. navajo print shirt came with a unstitched shoulder. they gave me under one. the darts in the back starting separating after a couple hand washes. the stitching at the cuff came undone after another wear. the pinstripe and last season pink oxford both had issues with the stitching where the shirt buttons up. just had to take all these shirts for multiple repairs and its not like im wearing them a lot at all. just not a brand for me or that id support anymore thats all. $150 dollar shirts should be able to make it through a couple handwashes dont you think?

2 from last sesason and the other was the pinstripe denim. navajo print shirt came with a unstitched shoulder. they gave me under one. the darts in the back starting separating after a couple hand washes. the stitching at the cuff came undone after another wear. the pinstripe and last season pink oxford both had issues with the stitching where the shirt buttons up. just had to take all these shirts for multiple repairs and its not like im wearing them a lot at all. just not a brand for me or that id support anymore thats all. $150 dollar shirts should be able to make it through a couple handwashes dont you think?

Yeah that is pretty ridiculous to be honest.

My particular shirt is dry clean only. That might have something to do with it.

Oh was that you? I'm glad they worked out. With all the people reporting quality control problems with APC's lately I was worried. But I think the pair I sold you was one of the good ones.

The shirt I have is the 6 oz cotton linen blend. So it's pretty tough stuff. From what I understand there are various differences with some N&F shirts like sizing being inconsistent and totally different fabrics being used. They probably need to figure out a more consistent production model.

N&F is still a relatively new company and like anyone they had issues with QC the first couple of years. The jeans now are mostly 100% reliable but I'd say they haven't yet worked out the kinks of their other products.

Edited by ac_slater

after having 3 naked & famous shirts fall apart at the seams i am done with this brand. they even gave me a free shirt after seeing how bad the defect was no questions asked. that shirt last about 5 wears and was only handwashed. after talking to 2 local shops they said they had to return 25% of the clothing due to defects, so because when buying their product. closing inspect the clothing. mostly the stitching. they scuff at jeans that cost 300 jeans but they sell stainess jeans for 420. their gimmicks that they said they would never do are only masked by calling them novelty.

Are you sure your buying the proper size? I used to work at a store that sold Naked and Famous shirts and we never had any major issues with them. I personally have a few and they have been great. I've had the 10oz denim shirt for just over 2 years and I am still wearing it. Post some fit pics of you in the shirts. You may be buying them a size too small.

Not many pictures of those get posted, make sure to put some up! :)

I sure would!

But here's a great story:

As I arrived home an hour ago I opened the package and was kinda suprised: shouldn't the denim be a bit more slubby?

then checked the tags and karmaloop sent me a pair of deep indigos which I actually wear right now instead of the japan heritage pair I purchased.

to make it more funnier: I live in Germany and paid about $35 taxes and shipping them back to the states would take almost the same amount.

I feel fucking bummed.

any ideas?

I sure would!

But here's a great story:

As I arrived home an hour ago I opened the package and was kinda suprised: shouldn't the denim be a bit more slubby?

then checked the tags and karmaloop sent me a pair of deep indigos which I actually wear right now instead of the japan heritage pair I purchased.

to make it more funnier: I live in Germany and paid about $35 taxes and shipping them back to the states would take almost the same amount.

I feel fucking bummed.

any ideas?

call them and bitch. demand full compensation and nothing less.

call them and bitch. demand full compensation and nothing less.

Definitely agree man. You need to call them as soon as possible and let them know whats going on. Thats pretty unacceptable especially after what you had to pay to get them to you.

Hope you get it all sorted out! :)

I've chatted with them and they told me I have to return the deep indigos and then will get the right pair.

they will also refund me the money I paid at the customs and for the returning but this also means waiting another 3 weeks for the new pair and driving the second time to the customs (18 miles).

I asked for an express shipping method which was not possible due to their "policy".

at least I got a 20% code, which is not very often seen on KL...

^it was sarcasm.

at least I had the chance to compare both pairs directly.

Here are a few pics of my Deep Indigos after 9,5 months lying to a new pair of DIs.

On one hand I'd like to give them a soak but on the other I think waiting the longest time possible is the best and the fades could/should be more present.

I also can't understand why the honeycombs are so wheak coz I ride my bike a lot..

ovsn1xkkt7.jpg

ovsn2v8je0.jpg

ovsn380kum.jpg

ovsn5p4j80.jpg

ovsn6vqkj0.jpg

ovsn8jcjre.jpg

Edited by fromthisplaceinhell

^it was sarcasm.

at least I had the chance to compare both pairs directly.

Here are a few pics of my Deep Indigos after 9,5 months lying to a new pair of DIs.

On one hand I'd like to give them a soak but on the other I think waiting the longest time possible is the best and the fades could/should be more present.ovsn380kum.jpg

Those are looking really good, but at the rate that they are fading I would wait at least another 6 months before you even consider washing those. N&Fs fade pretty slowly, if you were them now you will regret it later (unless they're getting really gross in which case, go ahead)

Edited by oilpit

I feel like those should be much more faded then that after 9.5 months, especially if you ride your bike a lot! I would have put those at 3 months if you hadn't said otherwise.

The reason the combs aren't so good is because Naked & Famous makes quite low rise jeans, so there's not a lot of fabric that actually gets folded when you bend your legs.

Wouldnt worry about it man, my sammies of 10 months are fading pretty slowly too(but then again, I dont really do much of anything). But then again, Ive seen some fantastic jeans that were washed a lot! Keep it going, cant wait to see the Japan Hertiages though!