• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

measurements on the parka (size small):

pit to pit: 20-20.5"

shoulder to shoulder: 18"

pit to cuff (sleeve length): 18.5-19"

collar to hem (length): 26.5-27"

tried to get as accurate as i could but that poplin shit is all wrinkly and what not so i did my best.

as far as the vintage chinos go, there was a discussion in the uvc thread regarding two vintage chinos, one (good one) that had a tag sewn in that said Vintage Chino on it and had nice construction/details like the donut hole button. the other was the one that had a slightly looser cut and just had a vintage washed/worn look. i believe the latter is the one on sale. either way for 10 dollars that is a rape price. they also have a washed flat front chino it, dont know if that's any good.

The poplin parka is pretty big for a small. Kinda dissapointing. Is the fit pretty decent for a size small/medium person?

I'm terrible with proportions with short people so it's hard for me to compare to my height/weight. I was referring to nfone's measurements on a poplin parka. I think it's the white one he wore in his last waywt pic. 20-20.5" for a small is a bit big as i didn't want super tight but hoping for it somewhere in the low 19"s and maybe shoulder about 17".

there's some nice stuff going on at uniqlo...

stone washed flat front chinos. nice slim fit, great colors (faded grey, black, army green). $40.

tons of linen shirts. short sleeved, long sleeved, striped, gingham, solid, etc. $30 for s/s, $40 for l/s. nice fit and feel.

poplin parka, discussed ad nauseum. it's a solid piece for spring/summer layering. $50.

polo shirts are on sale for $20. lots of colors available.

linen/cotton jeans. nice and thin, "regular fit" which is still pretty slim. light colors (beige, super light grey, khaki green), $40.

striped l/s supima t's (these are mostly gone), $20.

lots of blazers too, but i'd hold off for loden dagger or the other capsule collection.

some cardigans too.

that's all i can remember.

can we make a side discussion on the unattainable hotness of the new girl who works in the mens department? she's white, like 5'7, impossibly pale blue eyes, fit as fuck, and she's stacked. not waify at all, in the best possible way. i didn't know people like this were born.

are you talkin about the hoodied jacket that D_W brought up? this is a small (i'm 5'7" 135):

IMG_0015.jpgIMG_0016.jpg

I picked up this jacket in white in XS. pretty much a perfect fit for me. im 5'6 135.

i dont really plan on wearing much under it other than a tshirt. more of a beach jacket.

50 bucks tho.. cant beat it.

Guest '___________________'

Could someone explain why people go crazy over Uniqlo? Yes it's cheap and not widely available, but why are people going wild over it? Where are the Gap and H&M threads? Why has this brand suddenly become synonymous with SUFU interests?

-'_____________________'

Could someone explain why people go crazy over Uniqlo? Yes it's cheap and not widely available, but why are people going wild over it? Where are the Gap and H&M threads? Why has this brand suddenly become synonymous with SUFU interests?

-'_____________________'

Tasteful collaborations, nice quality, better fits on many items than H&M and the Gap. Also the exclusivity is a bonus. They're also a bit more experimental with outer wear than either of those brands. Particular items are also unbeatable for the price; Vintage chinos for example.

This interest isn't exactly overnight. Uniqlo has been talked discussed on this site a long while before it ever officially came to the United States. I could care less about the exclusivity, especially living in NYC its a moot point, and the clothing in general is pretty anonymous. Other then that, Dead Wizard sums it up well. Price is great and free alterations on the pants / jeans are very welcome

Also, Uniqlo is generally better (slimmer) cut than GAP, and without the euro-trashiness that is sometimes overwhelming at H+M.

I don't think most people would be "above" a GAP item if it met their criteria--chris. has been known to wear GAP pieces. People still occasionally go nuts over H+M items--remember those striped hoodies a few seasons back?

EDIT: Also, it's japanese, which historically equals cool on internet fashion message boards.

Anyone know how much the air protection utility parka is at the NY store? I notice it is on sale for £29.99 on the UK site. I was thinking of phoning in an order for one if it's a comparable price here in the US too.

if the air protection jacket is the m-65 jawn, then it's still availably in NY. the price is almost double the UK's, at $100.

kind of thought i'd see a sufu convention this morning for tim hamilton but guess you guys are all hungover from last night or something. overall i approve (except for the reversible jacket ($60? - pure garbage) - club collar shirts ($40 - red, lt grey, blue) are chambray and seemed to pretty popular (though nothing special about them), as with the black cardigans (? it wouldn't even cross my mind to wear one). chinos ($40 - white, black, light grey) are like the summer version of a poor man's uvc though that said still worthwhile.

best piece i thought was the hoodie ($40 - white, black, royal blue), lots of nice details without going overboard. there were a pair of jeans (bluish gray) that i found pointless though if you liked the t000 colored denim you may want to check out. also liked the jacket with the punk-rock zippers even though the fit model obviously had surgical rib removal ($60). i'm starting to get a complex about it - "does this make my rib cage look fat?"

sizing wise i didn't see anything below a S. size S pants fit about the same as their 31 or 32" trou, everything else maybe a hair smaller than normal but wouldn't really size up.

oh yeah the jabour thing looked decent if you're skinny and dig the 80s by way of brazil thing.

only piece i picked up was the black zippers jacket. the cardigans looked really nice as well but at $40 for as incredibly light weight they were it wasn't worth it to me. The construction on the jacket is fantastic for the price and the fit is pretty great as well, over all im happy with my pick up.