australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

rob how did you manage access may I ask... I would imagine this is not easy? and I must say their censorship is admirable but beyond frustrating.

was their any kind of official photography or video present at the showing?

yeah, not easy sam, it is a huge privilege.

hmm, all i can say is they are very genuine and passionate group of people. to answer ur question, no, they dont.

Ben was that the degustation? Because the serving sizes look quite big if it was. And the coral sounds absolutely amazing...with chicken skin....goddamn! Thanks for the pics man, girlfriend and I are quite interested in food as well since she works at one of the best restaurants here in Perth. Wanted to go to Maze last time we were in Melbourne but friends wanted to hit Press Club instead cause of masterchef or some shit. Was still good.

^ What I'm most interested to see upgraded is the chain seam. Although revisiting 3D pockets would be awesome imo, or a new sneaker! :D

Nah it wasn't the degustation, we pretty much just ordered 2 entrees, 2 mains and a dessert each, except I had to order a 3rd main after I finished my 2nd main coz I was still hungry haha. Most of us seemed to have ordered the same dishes though coz the seared tuna, coral trout, ox tongue and cheek just seemed so appealing, I had to force myself to order to venison instead of the ox tongue and cheek just so our table had more variety lol. Glad I ordered the coral trout for sure! Definately worth checking out next time you visit.

Agreed. My pair a couple seasons ago was flimsy in all aspects. Leather, outer sole, inner sole, laces and stitching were just bad. Better off if you bought real shoes and beat them down to that level. That way you at least get your money's worth. :P

interesting. I guess the wait continues for whatever may surface.

hmm, i guess i can talk about certain things, since it's over.. not too much until stores actually received the garments.

the collection exhibited from 5th of october and ended on sunday(31st) on a rainy day of milan.. held at an abandoned tin factory.

upon entering the building, one have to walk through several halls/room to get into the collection, it was separated into 2 areas, the selvedge, which was exhibited in a courtyard ; and his continuous exploration of the past themes, exhibited in a hall.

there are definitely a lot of revision, - i won't say its an "upgrade", but i think the proper word is "mutation" - one piece, seamless, selvedge, fastening system, overlock, chainseams and rubber dips were all revisited, some given a tweak, and some were explored deeper, especially the one piece and selvedge. in addition to some new features of titanium.

in the center of the main hall, a life size figure of a black horse were displayed. it was introduced that this horse, is the essence of the new collection, and the 09s selfsame. and further explained that the horse was once alive, mummified, and then entirely object dyed by ccp.

the horse was a loved pet of a wealthy austrian lady, who decided to put it to sleep, as it was too old to ride, - gunned on the head, she then turn away and never saw the horse again, which the corpse were given to poell at her discretion- till today, she have not seen what ccp did to her horse.

but i suppose, removing the skins, cleanse, tanning, and etc.., and then object dye - obviously laborious - something poell seems to enjoy..

it's macabre, like "here an object dyed horse leather, in it's entirety!"

anyway, that's a start what to expect in 2010..

imo, alot of the themes/garments are really hardcore - even after days and visiting the showroom twice, i still cannot digest what i saw)

An object dyed horse? He is surely taking the piss. Pretty funny I think.

What about the leathers and footwear? Any clues? As with 09 I assume there will be some more 'tame' pieces (by CCP standards, anyway), is that correct?

Also, while you're here, what about BBS disappointed you? Enders fit of the cooked wool coat on SZ looks great.

How long are you in Milan for? Maybe I can get you to pick up some things from Dantone?

leathers and footwears, i think the new offerings are really advance as well, there are of course classic pieces. which i am sure a lot of stores will buy them.

BBS, well, it's each to it's own, personally. I wasn't impressed with what I touched... I am really biased after seeing the collection, i dont feel anything at all looking at other labels... so just ignore me on this.. I will be leaving early, so i doubt i have time to go visit dantone, sorry mind is a mess forgot to offer proxy..

thanks for sharing rob. it sounds like he puts on quite a (moving) show.. perhaps your experience has been intensified by this dedicated space? ie. it will be interesting to see if the same reaction occurs when viewing the pieces in-store, although probably harder to compare being based on specific orders.

saying the world is not ready is a huge statement, but one that should almost be expected. I think if you are not challenged his work is not done - an experience that needs to be digested, then revisited over time to fully be appreciated.

he's in a world of his own.. dictated not by anyone or anything but himself. an achievement unheard of in fashion really... but maybe he isn't fashion in the end, not sure. anyway, you'll have much to discuss with stephen next time you visit em :).

on another note, I conducted an interview with damir doma in the latest underscore magazine titled 'the constant issue'. it's available at borders/mag nation etc. all feel free to check it out and critique my journalistic skills:

ch-h2.jpg

c09-1a.jpg

I appreciate the insight Rob!

Great to hear your experience visiting the showroom first-hand which gives more of an artisan approach to his work and not the usual where2kop and what fabric...

Anyway, my english skills are not sufficient here - I did not really understand wether the object-dyed horse was exhibited at the showroom or just a picture of it? Did he use the removed skin for making clothes shown at the showroom? And do you know about the reaction of the recent owner of the horse?

Somehow, what comes to my mind is that CCP is well aware of his exclusivity and making fun of the whole industry by taking "custom order" to a new level (you give me the base product and i produce clothes).

I appreciate the insight Rob!

Great to hear your experience visiting the showroom first-hand which gives more of an artisan approach to his work and not the usual where2kop and what fabric...

Anyway, my english skills are not sufficient here - I did not really understand wether the object-dyed horse was exhibited at the showroom or just a picture of it? Did he use the removed skin for making clothes shown at the showroom? And do you know about the reaction of the recent owner of the horse?

Somehow, what comes to my mind is that CCP is well aware of his exclusivity and making fun of the whole industry by taking "custom order" to a new level (you give me the base product and i produce clothes).

my interpretation was that, an old wealthy women's horse was put to sleep handed over to ccp and then they mummified it, object dyed it and turned it into a art work cum sculpture that attempted to embody the heart of the new collection....

sound pretty incredible, are there pictures floating around......

^ Devo. Hope the phone was an old piece of shit! Haha.

Before I go asking around like a noob. Anybody want to hit me up with info on the best way to handle finances when in Japan? I know quite a few of the peeps in here have been before and just wondering how you did it?

I checked those travel cards and they are retardedly expensive with their fees. Are travel cheques easy to cash in and not hit with bad fees in Japan? I heard Visa and Mastercard don't work either. :(

Any help would be appreciated guys. Thanks!