australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

Hope you're enjoying your travels Dave! feel free to bring me back a present, anything from ANY or IF will suffice :)

for those interested: LUC delivery at Zekka

edit* I like those Rob, but don't see the gradient.. seems more like two types of leather treatments for toe/shaft combined.

actually, the shaft section looks similar to the un-dyed inside area of my tornadoes..

haha would love to have a proper chat with you Rob. Meeting up shouldn't be too hard! I totally understand why these stores would ask for exclusivity though so don't get me wrong. I'm all for it. There are multiple reasons but yes these kinds of discussion I would love to have in person.

My derbies have those 'thumb' pressures as well - I love it. Almost like Carol wanted to leave them there just because he can haha.

I like those Rob, but don't see the gradient.. seems more like two types of leather treatments for toe/shaft combined.

actually, the shaft section looks similar to the un-dyed inside area of my tornadoes..

yes, you are right, i should not coin them as gradient.

was trying to describe the colour of the shoes have several different shades. i won't say they are dark grey derbies either (despite tagged as col: 8)

particularly the eyelets (which seems more rusty brown) towards the quarter (light charcoal). and toe (dark grey) on both shoes.

Coming down to Melbourne with the gf on Friday/Sat/Sun and was wondering if there were any Flea/Junk type markets (similar to Rozelle Markets in Sydney) ?

check out the camberwell market on a sunday morning. all types of fun. get in early if you want to get the goods tho. people start hawking through your shit at like 6.30 - 7 am.....but get there around 9 and you should be sweet

www.sundaymarket.com.au/

haha would love to have a proper chat with you Rob. Meeting up shouldn't be too hard! I totally understand why these stores would ask for exclusivity though so don't get me wrong. I'm all for it. There are multiple reasons but yes these kinds of discussion I would love to have in person.

Let me in on this too! :D Haha, too bad it will never happen. Not in the near future anyway. :(

LUC delivery was awesome...definitely a label needed to be experienced in person. However everything fits one size small. I normally wear 46, but in this season's LUC I was mostly 48 and 50s. Most amazing pieces would be the recycled knit jacket, wrong tension j pant and gusset long sleeve.

That makes me wonder how strict designers are of what stores carry their labels to give the right representation.

Lol Benny I swear you've eaten at every single place that has a restaurant license in Melbourne. Gotta get some recommendations from you when I go again, cause the last time I went it was ave places. Lygon is mass overrated.

Haha yeah, hello my name is Benny and I am a foodaholic :P My 2 biggest interests are defintely fashion and food, so I like to go try out heaps of different places. Going to Maze by Gordon Ramsey this weekend, hopefully it will be good.

Edit: still havn't tried Fritz Gelato which I have wanted to for a while now.

Thanks dave, whoa, is it me or those jackets are really cheap because of the falling USD?

cheers dave for the lookout! there's nothing particularly that I want (Aside, the hi-collar coats but no dough for that atm.) I will be flying to europe tomorrow anyway, so a little tight in the wallet..

Bon voyage..

quote from article.

"...it seems [illionaire] co-founder Ben Woodcock couldn’t wait to turn seven figures via a legitimate fashion business and went for the fast bucks alternative of flogging drugs instead. According to The West Australian, on August 19 Woodock was charged with possession of methylamphetamines with intent to sell or supply after being pulled over while driving his mum’s BMW with 520g of drugs with an estimated street value of A$780,000 hidden in his underpants. And it gets worse. Woodcock failed to appear in court yesterday and is believed to have fled the country and now has Interpol on his back."

all i could think of was 'wow, interpol on his back (as in the band). Hes prob be rocking some RAF SIMONS huge backpack swag"

Went to Maze Restaurant tonight and it was excellent. Had probably my new favourite dish. Not sure if you guys are interested but I took pics of the dishes we had with my phone :).

Seared yellow fin tuna, white radish, yuzu, enoki mushrooms, black garlic.

IMG_0003-1.jpg

Marinated beetroot with goat's curd, cabernet sauvignon vinaigrette, toasted pine nuts.

IMG_0007-2.jpg

Pan seared scallops, caramelised kelp, samphire, mussels, Champagne.

IMG_0008-1.jpg

Slow cooked octopus with chorizo.

IMG_0009-1.jpg

This is the dish I was talking about, simply AMAZING!!! Coral trout, chicken skin, trompette royal, fennel, lemon thyme consommé. The texture of the coral trout was so good and the aroma and flavour provided by the chicken skin wrapped around it was just so so good.

IMG_0011-1.jpg

Pan seared baby snapper.

IMG_0012-1.jpg

Venison with dark chocolate and red wine reduction. Another one of the highlights for me.

IMG_0016.jpg

Ox “tongue and cheekâ€, caper and raisin, carrots, horseradish pomme purée.

IMG_0017.jpg

Lamb cannon and sweetbreads, tomato chutney, caramelised onion.

IMG_0018.jpg

Ben was that the degustation? Because the serving sizes look quite big if it was. And the coral sounds absolutely amazing...with chicken skin....goddamn! Thanks for the pics man, girlfriend and I are quite interested in food as well since she works at one of the best restaurants here in Perth. Wanted to go to Maze last time we were in Melbourne but friends wanted to hit Press Club instead cause of masterchef or some shit. Was still good.

^ What I'm most interested to see upgraded is the chain seam. Although revisiting 3D pockets would be awesome imo, or a new sneaker! :D

^yeah, i guess.. they are serious about the whole internet visibility... especially this time around...

anyway, heaps of beautiful boutiques store in milan. antonioli is sooo amazing, daad-dantone is nice too. got to say dissappointed with bbs and dd... : \

any place to recommend from you guys?