australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

doesnt really interest me so much these days, but new street / workwear store opened up last week http://www.uptherestore.com/

thanks for this dave. will definitely checkout

So I ended up copping a black horse leather guidi bag. Funnily enough it turned out to be the same one you linked above Rob, which I did not realize at the time of purchase. Really is something else in person. Now I'm all set and ready to go! :)

But the search for a leather jacket continues...but I'm getting this feeling I just don't suit them. :(

thats cool. i need a bag myself for traveling.

although, I am still quite content with the country roads. haha. :o but that need some change soon. hmm.

Yeah I was using the country road duffel prior as well, but the canvas strap kept cutting into my shoulder whenever there was too much stuff inside.

I'm not looking for any leather jacket in particular, just trying to find the right one. I'm extremely picky so I've been struggling to find anything perfect. Was thinking the FW10 Julius would be good, but the rider leather isn't very nice and the asymmetric cowl doesn't look good worn open. Although I tried out the grandma cotton aviator...and that was freaking sick. Leather one is too hard to wear.

^ ditto here (regarding the pickiness)...

What I dont like about the Julius leathers are the zippers at the back of the handwrist. Looking for a simple leather, too - so many of current collections are "too much" for my taste.

Best leather IMO was the "rick's jacket" from a few collections ago. But the length on RO Sz.Small doesnt work with my height...

But kuugaia, did you try some BBS leathers on? I personally like this one. Even had the chance to try it on in person, the leather is very stiff and needs to be breaken in (which I personally like). It fits very snug - so a Small should accomodate your XS frame (iirc?). I tried on a Medium which fit perfect - except for the curved arms which didn't fit my elbow.

Did you guys see Enter the Void btw?

^ ditto here (regarding the pickiness)...

What I dont like about the Julius leathers are the zippers at the back of the handwrist. Looking for a simple leather, too - so many of current collections are "too much" for my taste.

Best leather IMO was the "rick's jacket" from a few collections ago. But the length on RO Sz.Small doesnt work with my height...

sleeve zippers have been a classic feature of leather jackets ever since leather jackets have had zippers.. I much rather have a zippered sleeve than a bomber jacket style ribbed cuff à la rick but maybe I'm biased towards ribbed cuffs as my high school had those horrible blue poly "spicer" workwear style bombers as part of the uniform, complete with bright orange lining..

btw P have you tried on many RO leathers?

Yeah... I know. Guess I wouldn't generally dismiss leather jackets with handwrist zippers anyway. But sometimes it's more streetwear than the rest of my warderobe.

Cuffs are "okay", but I like an open ending best (what's the actual word for that?)... It's not that uncommon, isn't it? Just had a random look at the BBS jacket I posted above and the overlock ccp jacket which both didn't seem to have either zippers or a cuff.

As for RO leathers... I once had Ricks jacket in a Sz.M from an older season, then the "soft leather" Intarsia in a Medium (the one which bestial sold some time ago) and another two-tone Intarsia in a Small (just to compare sizing)... I took measurements for resell purpose and all the sz.s leathers I compared ever since had the same length to the 2tone small - which was too short (around 58-59cm on the back).

^ Goddamn! That thing looks amazing!

Re: Enter the Void... You're going to need a big screen / home cinema, then. I feel it's like Kubrick's 2001 - those "trippy" films need a lot of room to really catch you. Guess I would've stopped watching after 20mins at home. And in addition: without having seen Irreversible, I dont think those can be compared. Noé got my interest after the "Void experience" but after checking the plot of Irreversible, that's just too much for me :-\

PH is almost cleared out of EM. Tweeds are beautiful though.

finally, i was at EM on thursday..

they moved the ccps to a corner to make way for ph, so the delivery must have been huge.

agreed, tweed jacket is stunning, so much character. there was another black coarse wool but in the pants.. which i dont think i have seen any pictures of it being posted. equally amazing imo.

You guys gotta stop talking about all these mother fucking tweeds or I'm gonna have to book a ticket to Melbourne just to visit EM!! :P

Agreed with D for sure. I hate bomber style leather jackets because in my opinion it's an inelegant way to finish off a sleeve.

I have tried on a few BBS leathers Mofiya but most of them I feel like they're working against me when on (although haven't tried the one you posted). I don't like to be consciously thinking about the clothing I'm wearing, which is probably why I haven't felt comfortable in RO leathers either. The leather Nick posted up is at Zekka too, different color though. Surprisingly the only leather I have really liked is a DD one, which I am kicking myself in the face for not picking up on 50% sale... :(

Okay seriously enough antics from me about my leather jacket search...sorry guys lol.

Think Sam is trying to organise his tix to Sydney to visit our AW11 showroom - you should come along Dave ;)

Syd boys who are interested - please PM me. I'll see if I can try to organise a time for all of you to come together. It'll be a great way to meet everyone.

Those guidi lace up shoes on zekka look pretty nice. Does anyone know if there are any fit pics around anywhere? I'm a little undecided as to whether the unstructured toe box will look strange when worn.

You guys used to be good at enabling... what's going on with this thread?

p.s. its raining in Syd, so no such drama lotek.

feel shitty when i'm at work and looking out at the beautiful sunny weather.

feel shitty when i'm outside and realise said weather is too hot for jawnz.

cotdaym, cotdaym.

at least you have windows, I'm on a customer's site trapped in a test plant. :o

kop first. think later. :D

in all honesty, never really a big fan of guidis, i prefer chunky footwear.

guidi's last shape is hardly sleek, the toe in particular is fairly carpe-esque. not a big fan of the formlessness in a derby though, far better suited to boots.