australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

haha wow passion flower just opened in Melb? I remember it being one of the very first ice cream places in Syd that did green tea/black sesame ice cream... more than 8 years ago? :o

They used to have wasabi flavoured ice cream and it was pretty awesome.

how long are u in s'pore for damien?

I've already got my name down for the double jersey drop-crotch sweats and the boiled wool backpack.

The collection was really great, and while it was an obvious step forward, the roots of the label are still there which I think is nice. The materials are getting better and better too. I can only imagine what SS is going to be like after hearing about some of their new connections made at PV. I wont spill the beans, I'll let Mel do that.

@ Raw Selvedge - have you checked out "Il Dolce Freddo" on Lygon for asian flavoured ice creams, I've found their durian, pandan and lychee flavours to be awesome - don't really like Lygon for anything else apart from that.

I've recently moved to Melb to work (from Perth) and I must say, am enjoying the slowly warming weather, much better weather for cycling around.

Yep, fair call. The one I'm talking about is kinda sandwiched between some thai and indian restaurants. TBH, haven't tried their non-asian flavours. I was just a little disappointed by passionflower cause it was somewhat pricy for what I thought was not particularly spectacular - as a comparison, I got this for only a couple of $$ more than a dessert at passionflower from "Cutler & Co."

44967_456783081837_504771837_5410766_5787629_n.jpg

Thank you for your kind words Adam - I'm very grateful of how supportive you all have been. Really means a lot to me and Lyna.

Can't release any look book images just yet but I'll def try to post some pics from the showroom once my cousin gets back from Melbourne.

Pieces website is still under construction - but their address is 12 Dixon St. T: 02 9264 5707.

They'll be stocking SFTM starting from AW11 :)

i guess VIC.. very tough market.. some sort of insights on some notable boutiques in melbourne cbd not including the gucci, vuitton, prada, claude maus, alpha60, etc. etc etc etc. i think melbourne are very lucky.. :o

ASSIN

assin.jpg

CHIODO

chiodo.jpg

COSE IPANEMA

coseipanema.jpg

EASTERN MARKET

em.jpg

L.E.F.T

left.jpg

MARAIS

marais.jpg

SWENSK

swensk.jpg

HARROLDS

harrolds.jpg

^ also, it's official, harrold is carrying julius, bbs and mihara.

That makes me wonder how strict designers are of what stores carry their labels to give the right representation.

Lol Benny I swear you've eaten at every single place that has a restaurant license in Melbourne. Gotta get some recommendations from you when I go again, cause the last time I went it was ave places. Lygon is mass overrated.

Had a look at IF boutique today, unfortunately no large Harnden tweed jackets left - I may be back for some pants though. Going to check out Atelier later on in the week, let me know if anyone wants me to check anything out in NYC while I'm here.

do run down what they have please, esp ccp. haha ;) but actually, what your thoughts about them, that would be great, (awesome, fail, pricey, etc)

i stumbled upon this balla pic... prolly the most expensive waywt outfit ever.

gm1a.jpg

Lol Benny I swear you've eaten at every single place that has a restaurant license in Melbourne. Gotta get some recommendations from you when I go again, cause the last time I went it was ave places. Lygon is mass overrated.

Really confused me for a sec, but just realised Raw Selvedge is Ben as well. I was thinking maybe I knew you cause I've just moved to Melbourne from Perth not long ago.

Adam -

they have only two tweed blazers left, one with the notch collar(S), one with the pointed (is that what it's called?) collar (XS), both retail around $1500+tax.

I definitely prefer the notch collar to the peaked, but wouldn't mind either. If the notch is the long version (same as BSRs) or they have the long version in any other black or grey fabric I'm in.

bsr4sf.jpg

Adam -

they have only two tweed blazers left, one with the notch collar(S), one with the pointed (is that what it's called?) collar (XS), both retail around $1500+tax.

Rob -

Will do mate, I'll have a close look at the ccp collection, and try to remember what the current range in store is. If there are any particular items you are interested, please let me know.

also, i think that parachute ccp jacket is really cool, looks great in that pic too.

Thanks dave, whoa, is it me or those jackets are really cheap because of the falling USD?

cheers dave for the lookout! there's nothing particularly that I want (Aside, the hi-collar coats but no dough for that atm.) I will be flying to europe tomorrow anyway, so a little tight in the wallet..

That makes me wonder how strict designers are of what stores carry their labels to give the right representation.

What FenRob has listed on the previous page are the stores that we ultimately would like to be stocked at (our goal if you like). A few of them did spark some interest but they wanted full exclusivity within a city - being a young label we're not able to afford that yet...

@FenRob - that balla fit pic is actually really close to what CCP the man himself wore at PV... but change the coat and vest to grey and the red boots to red nike sneakers :D

@Dave - could you please check for any black CCP suits in 44? thanks mate!

A few of them did spark some interest but they wanted full exclusivity within a city - being a young label we're not able to afford that yet...

I think this is a very important discussion, as mortar stores can't afford to be in the sheep scene anymore - but i will save this conversation, if we ever meet up - internet has too much noise as it is.

talk about exclusives, i recently kopped these ccp gradient derbies - probably by far - my fav item for a long time, (yeah, also the the selvedges)

derbs.jpg