australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

they don't get most of their stuff in as late as say, Assin, if you have the model # for the leather bomber I could check for you, I was there just yesterday and V-A AW10 has not gotten in but these days I get updated on MSN whenever something new pops up.

edit: btw he told me that they'll be receiving the IS derbies, so you heard it here first.

edit 2: I just re-read what I wrote, Adam they get it about 1~3 months later than Japan drops so they don't pull the stupid bullshit Assin does.

looking forward on joe's luc as well..

Is NVREND still running, then? Just curious...

Just tried to make some espresso beans covered with chocolate as a gift for sb.... What an effort. Hope it turns out well at least.

Still waiting for ELSCOOBEDIO to add that mysterious CCP stuff. Long overdue... gotta worth the wait, then!

Is NVREND still running, then? Just curious...

that's a very good question. have to see it then we believe it.

hey everyone.. apologies if you have sent emails to [email protected]

We are experiencing server issues but it is being rectified asap. We will respond to all emails in the next few hours.

Thanks, Romina @ ZEKKA

thanks for the notice animor.

well.. poidh concept.. not sure i can kop anything either.. as something more worthy has arised. hmhmm

o-project pricing is abit nuts as i was informed... it may be even more expensive than ccp.. ccp's not so crazy knits usually cost around 900-1.2k, ( xception if it's the object-dye that cost another extra 1k-2k lulz).. but o-project? maybe be more.. haha.. but will see.

talk about luc.. this ss10.. reversible screen print gusset knit is fantastic,

04-4.jpg

Cannot tell too much from that pic...

But I personally found out LUC is one of those brands you cannot really judge by pictures alone... I've always found those screen printed stuff to look a bit overdesigned and different in a strange way. Until I came to handle the stuff in person.... But still, I prefer his clean and darker stuff with the details being visible on second glance.

His tees are growing on me... knitted tees... but way too baller for me.

By the way, are Cdiem jackets unisex? Bummed I missed a bargain on yoox... skipped through the new stuff but must've missed that typo... was about 400 USD... listed Sz.M

Rob - did you check Paul Harnden at yoox for your gf?

you are absolutely right. its very different, but that pic just gave me a twisted desire to touch it!

paging sbttal, your thought on lucs(and your seasonal luc haul) would be greatly appreciated here.

not serious, but she doesnt care about fashiunzz. for some reasons, and those cdiem blazer is pretty neat!

Coffee update: Market Lane > Seven Seeds. Seven Seed's espresso and clover was good, their milk handling was poor so the flat white i got was so bad i literally threw it out). Market Lane is amazing but apparently when it's crowded the quality drops.

65 degrees has the best coffee in the city IMO. Switchboard isn't bad too but hard to find.

It's really cold + windy out today.

In the interest of starting some discussion, where does everyone get their basics at the moment? Tees, tanks, shorts etc.

Uniqlo is a gift from the sartorial gods.

in regards to the above, where do I get cheap scoop neck tees?

Could try this? I'm not sure what people consider cheap, but I had a lot of recommendations for plain clothing. They have some wide neck tees, some v-necks as well. In the end I didn't kop any so I can't help you with any reviews.

^ i'd like to know this, too. had some killer brews out of the press in europe and wouldn't mind trying it at home.

whilst on topic, any bean recommendations? all i've really used is supreme out of abbotsford.

Thought about that, too... but I felt it's too much of an effort. Just wanna have a good coffee in the morning without working my ass out. Plus, there's a lot of variance in doing it (e.g. not an easy thing to do when you're half awake).

Recently bought a new coffee machine Kenwood kMix. Already a great improvement... starting from the optimated brewing temperature of 94°C and brewing in waves (< right word?). Really tastes different... now I can see the essential oils of the coffee swimming right on top of my cup (e.g. more oil = more flavour). Will add a gold filter in the near future to make the result even better :)

Regarding beans: I find it best to check out some local coffee roastery. Always the best to talk to the people and get some advice (and support local stores!). Plus, the way the coffee is roasted has to be adjusted to the local water...

then either buy a half decent conical burr grinder (sunbeam might be ok entry level at around $150-200 or better ones around $350+) or get your coffee ground for a french press (corse even grind)

yup, this. most places sell 250g packets and will grind them for you on the premises if you don't have a grinder at home (note: freshly ground is always best) just remember to specify that it is for a french press and not an espresso machine. redacted rest of post.

i was under the impression that one shouldnt grind beans until you use them because they lose flavour 20 minutes after being ground up, and that the fridge and freezer are the quickest ways to kill flavour?

my nutcase fanatic friend says best to leave it in an airtight/vacuum container in a cool (but not fridge cool) dark place.

fuck, what am I doing, I was thinking of whole beans. I haven't had my coffee when I typed that shit up. apologies.

best case scenario would be to buy roasted beans from your fave roaster and grind them only when you want to use them, of course not everyone has access to a cone grinder. the best method to store the whole beans at home would be in vacuum bag preferably after sucking out most of the air from the bag with a straw or something in a cool dark place :D a problem I've found with airtight containers is that the air trapped within the container often does enough damage to the beans.

I should probably redact my post since the freezer is a way to store whole coffee if you can't use up your beans in two weeks upon purchase, but you have to take them out to thaw out the night before you want to use them.