state your beer, drinkers

My favorite new find is called JK Scrumpy hard cider. It's an organic apple cider made with only apples and yeast. It has been in production for like 120 years and helped people get through prohibition.

It's very tasty and easy to drink and one duece duece provides a good buzz.

To learn more about my new shit:

http://organicscrumpy.com/

P.S. yo twisted trees that bell's shit is the best. i have been eyeing the hopslam but opted for the cherry stout which was not my taste but still very good. i'm glad bell's opened its doors back up for chicago. you can buy the shit in gas stations in michigan.

Ok, holy shit. Tried 56 new beers in 8 days while in New York. Here's what I can actually remember from what I tried...

Avery Anniversary Ale 15th, Avery/Russian River Collaboration Not Litigation Ale, Avery Maharaja, Avery Czar, Brooklyn Lager, Brooklyn Local #1 (this shit was good), Ommegang Hennepiin, Ommegang Witte, Corsendonk Pater, Dogfish Head Raison d'Extra, Great Divide Titan, JW Lees Harvest Ale (Calvados Casks 2007), Nøgne Ø Imperial Stout, Sixpoint Bengali Tiger, Sixpoint Sweet Action, Smuttynose IPA, Smuttynose Wheatwine (this shit was soooo different, still don't know if I liked it or not), Southern Tier Unearthly IPA, Stone Old Guardian 2009, Stone IPA, and whatever I mentioned above.

Last night in the city, definitely a good trip after all that :)

Edit: Oh, and drinking The Bruery Saison De Lente right now. Good beer but a little too watery for my taste.

Nice, Shufon. I have some good pics to throw up when I'm back from spring break. I am about to go to Los Angeles for a week, and San Diego for a day (purely for beer of course). Any LA recommendations?

In SD I'll definitely be going to Stone and Lost Abbey/Port. Hopefully I will make it to Alesmith and Green Flash too, but I don't want my friend to get too bored, haha.

Nice, Shufon. I have some good pics to throw up when I'm back from spring break. I am about to go to Los Angeles for a week, and San Diego for a day (purely for beer of course). Any LA recommendations?

In SD I'll definitely be going to Stone and Lost Abbey/Port. Hopefully I will make it to Alesmith and Green Flash too, but I don't want my friend to get too bored, haha.

let me know if you make it down... sufu beer meet?

For LA, I'd recommend Verdugo Bar in Glassell Park. Had some nice RR Blind Pig there on Saturday. Chill place. There aren't a huge number of places with a diverse selection. Spitz and Wurstkuche in downtown have a small, slowly rotating list. Venice Beach Wines out in Venice Beach; good, but again a small list, and it's all bottles.

For LA, I'd recommend Verdugo Bar in Glassell Park. Had some nice RR Blind Pig there on Saturday. Chill place. There aren't a huge number of places with a diverse selection. Spitz and Wurstkuche in downtown have a small, slowly rotating list. Venice Beach Wines out in Venice Beach; good, but again a small list, and it's all bottles.

fathers office in culver city was awesome and had a better selection than the santa monica location.

pliny the younger out tonite in san diego, i hope i can get a glass or two.

Philly Beer Week was this past week!

Highlight was Founder's at the South Philly Tap Room. 14 beers on tap including Kentucky Breakfast Stout! That and the double trouble DIPA were my faves

Biggest miss, was Russian River tasting at Local 44, where they had both Pliny's, Blind Pig, Consecration, Damnation, and Salvation. My best friend was making brunch and I offered to help before I know about RR...

That sucks soonami! Thanks for the recommendations Appleseed.

Renski, I am in Santa Monica now, and I am pretty sure there is now way I am missing SD on Friday. I am not sure of times yet, as my friend I am visiting here is doing ME the favor of taking me down there for beer :)

fathers office in culver city was awesome and had a better selection than the santa monica location.

Yeah, slipped my mind. That place is such a fucking jungle tho. You'd be hard pressed to get me in there again. Unless you buying/ordering AND I already got a table.

I was planning on stopping in at the Santa Monica location. Is it not worth it if I am going to SD anyway?

the only thing i drank there was pliny the elder which was 8 for a pint. Allagash white was on tap then the standard port, stone, rogue were on tap also. its also packed like soonami said.

if you want to check out alesmith their tasting times are thurs 2-5, fri 2-6, sat 1-4. they have pliny the younger on tap @ hamiltons as of yesterday.

stone had the Stone x Alesmith x Mikellar on growler fills last week but not sure if it was replaced on saturday.

your better off in SD, i will probably be at alesmith friday for growler fills.

• 2 weeks later...

90 Minute is delicious. I went to a beer and bread/cheese tasting in my town last evening. It was kinda like a small scale beer fest with free food that only cost $15. There was lots of good beer, but the hero of the day was Deschutes, who sent a keg of their barrel aged barleywine that was brewed in '05, Mirror Mirror. It was amazing, of course. I love a well aged barleywine.

It started at 5:30 and went to 7:30 and everything from the moment it ended is a blur. I managed to walk my bike home (way too drunk to ride even) and I have no idea what happened after that. I do have a nice bruise and scab on my shin though.

The past two weeks have seen a variety of different stuff, mostly IPA's (I get on certain beer kicks every now and then). Among them:

Stone Ruination IPA

Old Rasputin (not the biggest fan)

A Troges variety pack while visiting my cousin in Lebanon, PA that had a Pale Ale, Hopback Amber, Rugged Trail Ale, and Dreamweaver wheat

Dock Street Rye IPA in the Philly airport

Port Hop 15

and this is for tonight:

3393577282_236d2a94ab.jpg

Although it has a pirate cat on the bottle, it sounds good--an oak barrel aged, bottle conditioned Amber Ale

As far as dark Belgians, Rochefort 8 and Unibrou's Terrible are delicious, though they are stronger in alcohol and bolder in their taste. You'd probably like them though if you are a fan of that delectably fruity Belgian yeast.

Edit: Just popped a Moylan's Old Blarney Barleywine with a nice bit of age on it. Pretty deece, though I think that Mirror Mirror spoiled me on barleywines.

Popped into this thread to see whats up, and was compelled to head to my fridge to try something new and exciting...this isn't helping my homework get done:

StilleNacht.jpg

Edit: Wow...This is sublime and might make me rethink my West Coast-centric approach to beer...I bought this about a month ago, and am hoping I will be able to find it again this year.

As far as dark Belgians, Rochefort 8 and Unibrou's Terrible are delicious, though they are stronger in alcohol and bolder in their taste. You'd probably like them though if you are a fan of that delectably fruity Belgian yeast.

Great stuff, although Rochefort 10 is even better.

I'll need to get a couple of bottles of Rochefort 8 or 10; I don't really want to open the magnum of Chimay Grande Reserve I've got in the cupboard until the end of the year at least.

I picked up some Floris Kriek, and it's more suited for a beer sangria than straight drinking.

I'd like to find some of the Chimay Blanc for some hot weather sipping. Haven't tried the Rochefort 10, but I did enjoy the 8. As for the Unibroue line, the only thing I didn't like were the Ephemerals.