state your beer, drinkers

havent posted in a while but over the weekend got to drink Stone 09 old guardian, something about this years OG is really tasty. Took a random trip to Alesmith where I got to sample the My Bloody valentine, Lil devil, and the stone x alesmith x mikeller. Had a good buzz for only $5.

Just got a case of Russian River Consecration.

That is all, just bragging.

Just got a pair of VIP tickets to Celebrator's Beer of the West Beer Fest.

Anybody else coming into town for this? Should be epic:

http://celebrator.com/features/beerapalooza/2009/

beer lovers, if you haven't tried this yet, I suggest you do. especially if you're a fan of american double IPAs.

taste is super hoppy and has a spicy aroma of pines and citrus..

plus at 9.00% abv, it'll get you drunk pretty quickly.

3208645904_d68e94375b.jpg

Late pass my friend...

3172094905_6dbc43ce97.jpg

From Left to right:

Avec Les Bons Voeux - Brasserie Dupont

Hoptimus Prime - Legacy

Santa's Private Reserve Ale - Rogue

Christmas Ale - St. Bernardus

Mad Elf Ale - Troegs

Judgment Day - Lost Abbey

Winter Ale - Samuel Smith

From a Holiday/Big Beer Tasting a couple weeks back

tried asylum from left coast brewery because the person at the store recommend it and said it was really similar to St. Bernardus abt 12...what i found was a bunch of lies in a cup that tasted like sugar and alcohol. Also ended up getting a bottle of St. Bernardus and Russian River Damnation. After throwing out the asylum, i opened the damnation...i know why they cant keep russian river in stores in san diego.

sorry for the rant.

Have you tried the Slipknot yet? The one I had was fuckin' nasty. It tasted like a macro lager mixed with Fat Tire. Bet that Alesmith is delicious.

hmm, the one i had was alright, nothing special but it didn't taste bad, if i recall correctly. i wasn't really paying much attention to it

can't recall any out-of-the-ordinary beers i've had lately, but i'm definitely on the lookout for rr consecration. bottles should be hitting stores soon if they haven't already, right??

Heavy hitters

This is top 5 for me, easily: Select 2 year old lambics blended then fermented with whole raspberries (not disgustingly sweet like you might assume, especially if you have had the abominations Lindeman's makes). The raspberries are more in the aroma, and add an earthy element to the beer.

IMG_2722.jpg

IMG_2723.jpg

Isabelle Proximus, a sour beer barrel aged with the house sour cultures from Allagash, Avery, Dogfish Head, Port, and Russian River. Very expensive, very delicious. I have an extra bottle that I need to get rid of if anyone is interested in copping a piece of beer history (as the guy I got it for bailed on me after I bought it).

IMG_2739.jpg

My Mister Freedom 7161md arrived in the mail as I was enjoying this. Pure decadence, haha.

IMG_2747.jpg

Afterwards, always a classic:

IMG_2748.jpg

^ Not a huge lambic fan, but happy to hear they went down well :0

Up in Oregon this week, I cruised by Deschutes Brewery and had their Maiden Oregon and the X-Tap which was Oregon 150!. The former much better than the latter.

copy/paste from their blog-

To celebrate Oregon’s sesquicentennial, a.k.a. 150th Birthday, we decided to brew two beers using only Oregon ingredients, something we have never done before. Both beers will go on tap this Saturday, February 14th, at our Bend and Portland pubs and in our tasting room. Just like Oregon, these beers blaze their own trail and are far from traditional.

Maiden Oregon Ale, brewed at our Portland Brew Pub by Cam O’Connor, is a Belgian amber ale that was brewed using Crystal hops from the Willamette valley, organic 2-row barley from Klamath Falls, water from Mt. Hood, Oregon beet sugar from Nyssa, and yeast from Wyeast labs in Hood River. At 8.0% alcohol by volume, this one will be best enjoyed sipped out of a snifter glass.

Oregon 150 Ale was brewed at our Bend Brew Pub by Paul Arney. This beer has a very unique color and flavor that makes it hard to categorize. Brewed with barley malt grown in the Klamath Falls basin (malted in Portland), blackberry honey from Yamhill County, Oregon marionberries and Crystal hops from the Willamette Valley we have created a beer like you’ve never tasted before. Our mash conversion took place at, you guessed it, 150 degrees!

Go Oregon!

Just discovered this thread, this is awesome. My beers over the past weekend:

Trappistes Rochefort 8

Gulden Draak

Avery Anniversary Ale Fifteen

Dogfish Head Midas Touch

Great Divide Hercules Double IPA

and my favorite from the weekend...

Avery Mephistopheles' Stout

is it bad to bike from bar to brewery and back home afterwards while holding a growler in a bag?

Just make sure the growler is well protected, wrap it in multiple bags or use bubble wrap.

Decided to splurge 6-pack of Bell's Hopslam tonight. to preface, I do not have a refined palate.

3324446191_ec3ed3dee2.jpg

I liked it, it wasn't as strong-piny as I was imagining it. Although there was a noticeable alcohol taste. And it showed with the 10% abv, I felt just the one bottle. But alas, I must save the rest (plus I've got class tomorrow)

I would recommend it to try, but for the price...just get a decent IPA and double up on it, it would still be cheaper.

In Manhattan for a week, went over to Rattle N Hum to get something good to drink. Got to meet the founder of The Bruery and try six of their beers.. Melange #3 is absolutely incredible. Also tried the Cuvee Jeune (cask conditioned) and Humulus Ambre. Drank some other stuff as well... Flying Dog Oak Aged Gonzo, Southern Tier Blackburn... then went down to Stout and drank some Troegenator, Victory Storm King, and Maredsous 10. Good beers, going back to Rattle N Hum tomorrow though, owner promised me a free Pliny the Elder :)