state your beer, drinkers

I'm glad you enjoyed it, I'm not sure what it was but it was too much for my taste. I have an extra bottle if you want it. Alesmith decadence should be out and it will be a barrel aged 08 English barley wine. I still have have my 08 and haven't opened it.

guess you didnt appreciate half of my barrel aged contribution from the swap! no problem, figured everyone loved BCBS though!

I'll try anything twice. I originally got two as a gift from a friend then one from the trade. First try I couldn't enjoy it but it could also be that I really have to be in a mood for stouts and porters. I have 2 set aside so I revisit it later.

Is the Veritas open for purchase to anybody or is it only for people in the Sinners Club or whatever it's called?

Open and from what they said with red poppy "no distribution" buy I saw it locally for a month or two. I thought they stopped the club because of issues with shipping beer in certain states?

however I might pick up a bottle or two since the misses and I could use a day out for a change.

I've gone to Old Colony Liquors on the Southern Artery a million times on the way down 3A and it has a pretty good though sometimes random beer selection. Haven't been to Supreme in a million years but I'm dying to track down some Maine Beer Company beers due to reports from friends in Port-town.

yeah old colony is alright, if you are gonna go down 3a, might as well stop in weymouth at granite liquors (http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/20910/?view=beerfly&ba=tigg924) in the shaws plaza or curtis liquors (http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/4606) on the braintree line

supreme just happens to be closest to my crib

where u from?

Drank the Nelson and Duet last night with a couple of friends. Damn Alpine makes good IPAs. Duet was amazing, thought it was better than Pure Hoppiness and Exponential Hoppiness. Nelson is still my favorite but it's a different beast than the others. You're a lucky man ren, haha, I think all I would drink is Alpine if I lived out there.

Moved from Madison WI, to ATL last summer. This is the only thing I've had since moving that's worth mentioning and it's a German beer. The south sucks for brew.

5774007582_94829cfaab_z.jpg

It's a really good mix between a Doppelbock and Hefeweizen. Damn tasty.

Other than this, Two Hearted stays in regular fridge rotation. What I wouldn't give for some New Glarus.

^Yo come on, you have Terrapin and Sweetwater for locals in Atlanta, not to mention great distribution from the rest of the south (Yazoo, Cigar City, etc), as well as pretty good distribution from the midwest and northeast.

edit: and yeah Aventinus is a great beer.

Yeah. It's not too bad. Wisconsin just spoiled me. There are a few better beer stores in Atlanta, but I just don't live close to them and don't get to them much because I don't like driving here and MARTA blows for the most part. SW 420 is a decent IPA and we get the more common good US brews like Bells, Dogfish Head and Rogue. I just miss the obscene amount of random local & uncommon brews. I also live across the street from a bar with a rotating list & cask and also a corner store with a walk in beer fridge and cool owner who will order stuff like Aventinus if I ask. Then theres the Brick Store *drool*

Didn't mean to sound like a pompus yankee, but I clearly did. Haha.

In Provence for a week so sampling some belgians (rude not to while I'm even closer), shame I managed to completely forget my camera, had a real nice faro last night. Any particular hard to find belgian gems I'm likely to find in France that I should search out?

A local bar had a bottle of batch 001 consecration so the wife and I decided to splurge and ended up buying it. That was one good beer, I'm guessing they never made 750s after that. Finished the night with a couple IPAs and now my taste buds are shot. I knew garlic fries were a bad idea.