state your beer, drinkers

^ ebisu is my go-to beer. a beer that tastes like beer. (at least my idea of beer.)

however, down the street from me, i can get a case of kirin ichiban (brewed by anheuser-busch, but still not bad) for about $6. this is quickly becoming my go-to beer.

Rogue dead guy ale

Ninkasi IPA (microbrew)

Theres a local supermarket that has a lot of dank beer, I really need to go there and just try shit out.

Good taste. Which supermarket? Market of Choice is good. Broadway is a bit expensive, but usually stocked well for a place of its size.

Some people think 'spicy' beer is a bit cheesy, but the Rogue Chipotle Red is great.

re: kwak - the glass is cool looking but a real pain to use after you've had a few... any beer you have to drink with two hands is always a doomed prospect.

it looks fucking ridiculous, i always laugh at the people who drink from it. it's just a small step below that stupid glass boot.

I just bought a bottle of st. bernardus abt 12 and the wit beer but haven't drank it yet. Excited though.

I was driving around town bored and stumbled across this tiny russian grocery store (they had a bunch of eastern european stuff there) and talked to the guy a bit there who was nice. I asked him what 2 of his favorite beers were in the place and he recommended Tilburgh's Dutch Brown Ale and Krusovice Imperial Lager. Nice little store though.

Anyone a fan of Brahma? It's a Brazilian beer, 4.8%. Came across it earlier this year and usually purchase it at a store near me that has it every once in a while. Good taste.

During 2006 World Cup a bartender gave me free Brahmas at some bar in ues. I smacked him in the face and told him not to disrespect me like that. IT IS BY FAR THE WORST BEER I EVER HAD. I can probably piss out something better right now (it would also help that I had some Schneiders with readytoignite tonight). Jimmy, come to the city so I can buy you some real fucking beers. Fuck Connecticut.

I got lucky and picked up a couple bottles of Unibroue Edition 2005 for cheap and they have aged really well. The rough edges have been pretty much smoothed out with the aging and it's picked up a bit of an oxidized sherry taste (Unibroue used different corks in 2005, more permeable I think) and I'm really enjoying it. Pick it up if you see it. You won't be disappointed.

During 2006 World Cup a bartender gave me free Brahmas at some bar in ues. I smacked him in the face and told him not to disrespect me like that. IT IS BY FAR THE WORST BEER I EVER HAD. I can probably piss out something better right now (it would also help that I had some Schneiders with readytoignite tonight). Jimmy, come to the city so I can buy you some real fucking beers. Fuck Connecticut.

so having drunk Brahma beer in Brazil and Europe, can i just say that this beer is completely different in these two places. Brahma in Brazil is a regular, run-of-the-mill lager you can drink tons of at the beach or in a bar or whatever and tastes great super cold. Brahma in Europe is disgusting, sweetened with honey crap.

that said, i have never had Brahma in the US so i have no idea what they sell there, if it's like the Brahma in Brazil or the European one, or if it's yet another variant.

i used to go to a pub quiz night at an Irish pub in Belgium and the prize was a case of beer. one time the prize was a case of Brahma and the team who won it came over and asked us if we wanted to take it home because the had won the same beer before and found it so repulsive.

I got a growler filled straight from the tap at the stone brewery store on saturday the 24th with stone 10th anniversary ipa (august 2006 release). Very good ipa! The brewery is doing late night saturday growler fills with old special releases from the archives every saturday from 8 to 10 pm while plaing theme music for the night. Last saturday was 90s music.

Next week is rockabilly while pouring 2005 old gaurdian barley wine on tap. Should be a good excuse for me to wear some selvage jeans while getting hooked up with good beer on saturday night!

I got a growler filled straight from the tap at the stone brewery store on saturday the 24th with stone 10th anniversary ipa (august 2006 release). Very good ipa! The brewery is doing late night saturday growler fills with old special releases from the archives every saturday from 8 to 10 pm while plaing theme music for the night. Last saturday was 90s music.

Next week is rockabilly while pouring 2005 old gaurdian barley wine on tap. Should be a good excuse for me to wear some selvage jeans while getting hooked up with good beer on saturday night!

the fuck is a "growler"?

Words cannot express how jealous i am.

Haha, come down to san diego for the weekend and we can kick it at the stone brewery and bistro on sat. night!

Trust me, i'd love to.. I even just spent a few minutes to see how far Stone was from Pizza Port brewing..

I want to, but can't.. it's too last minute..

damn, I haven't heard of pizza port before, I was checking out their website and it looks cool! Its actually pretty close to stone, a little ways up the I-5 in san clemente.

Whats up with the beer party up there in san francisco Kiya? let us know whats up, I got some vacation time off work this summer!