state your beer, drinkers

I have had the 120min a few times and I think I still have a few in storage. It's good, but I like the 90min better.

LCBO just started stocking Southern Teir IPA and Rogue Dead Guy, so I have been drinking them last two weekends. The are both good, but not great.

Nice. I was lucky enought to have the 90 minute on tap at Toronado in SF, it was definitely good stuff. Speaking of Dead Guy, it is decent stuff. We had an oyster festival in town a few weeks back, and one of the restaurants' bars on the plaza had pints for $2, Dead Guy being one of them. That was sweet.

Just robocopped a case of the Stone 12th anniversary stout..

Shit is next level, as it usually is coming from Stone.

I'm going to try really hard to make it to their party next month with a list of the country's best guest brewers there showing off their limited batch work.

http://www.stonebrew.com/12th/ale/

Just robocopped a case of the Stone 12th anniversary stout..

Shit is next level, as it usually is coming from Stone.

I'm going to try really hard to make it to their party next month with a list of the country's best guest brewers there showing off their limited batch work.

http://www.stonebrew.com/12th/ale/

Chocolate stout = amazing

Oatmeal stout = amazing

Chocolate x Oatmeal stout = genius

What's the price per bottle? $5?

Will have to visit BevMo

Alright Kiya! Have you tried it yet?

I got only 3 bottles from the stone factory store on sat night (as well as a growler of 07 old gaurdian barley wine, hehe) They had a limit to only three 12th anniversary per customer.

pictures007tg3.jpg

Interesting that the style is an oatmeal chocolate stout, usually the stone anniversary releases are strong ipa's loaded with hops.

Excitement! I have been watching for it at the store here, but no sign yet. This means that I get to crack this one when my friend gets back in town...

DSCF1581.jpgThe 10th cellared well (the 12th will, obviously), so hopefully this is good too.

In No Order:

Guiness

Dogfish Head 90 min IPA

Victory Hop Devil

Victory Storm King

Troegs Nugget Nectar

Troegs Trogenator

Chimay Blue

Stoudts Double IPA

Dock Street Rye IPA

Cheap Local Beers to drink when out:

PBC Kenzinger (This is everywhere now and really cheap)

Yuengling Lager

There's a lot of good local beer in Philly, although most of you would not have guessed. As you can tell, I like darker, hoppier beer when I'm enjoying beer and lighter stuff when I'm enjoying the act of drinking. The only thing that pisses me off is how expensive beer is now since you can only buy 6-packs at restaurants and bars and most of these run more then $10.

Westvleteren 12

St Bernardus Abt 12

Any Unibroue

Trader Joes Belgian Ale (Unibroue)

Delirium Tremens

Chimay Purple

Firestone Double Barrel

Guinness

Corona (BBQ's)

oldmilwaukeevn0.jpg

is good because it's 4.50 for a 6 pack of tallboys.

have you checked out milwaukee's best? you can call it "milwaukee's beast" or just "the beast" which is a lot cooler. plus, you know... it's the best. we would drink it in chicago before pbr had the hipster marketing comeback, leinenkugel when we wanted something "nice."

With the next release looming, I am curious if anyone here has begun cellaring Stone Brewery's Vertical Epic for any of the 6 previous releases for post 12/12/12 consumption? I have not been legally able to purchase any previous years' releases, but I shall begin this August. I'll probably get 3 or 4 to open over time.

For more info: http://www.stonebrew.com/epic/

With the next release looming, I am curious if anyone here has begun cellaring Stone Brewery's Vertical Epic for any of the 6 previous releases for post 12/12/12 consumption? I have not been legally able to purchase any previous years' releases, but I shall begin this August. I'll probably get 3 or 4 to open over time.

For more info: http://www.stonebrew.com/epic/

I've got one case of every year with the exception of year one which i have 2 bottles and year two which i have 4 bottles...

I take out bottles from previous years on the release date of the new batch every year and sample to see how they've aged..

From what i understand year one bottles are worth a massive amounts of money and year two isn't far behind.

I'm still waiting for somebody around here to start getting some Dogfish Head!

While at my local wine/sake/beer shop today I found a little gem hidden away in the back...

DSCF1603.jpg

DSCF1604.jpg

DSCF1606.jpg

I have had the Piraat and Gulden Draak before, but the other ones are new to me, and at $18, I'm not feeling bad at paying 3 bucks a bottle. Has anyone tried any f the others? I'm saving them for when my friend gets back from Belgium with his from-the-source selection of beers.

That's awesome, a case is definitely the way to go. I checked ebay, and there was an auction for one of each with a starting bid of $800!!! Oh, and sadly, no sign of the 12th anniversary up here yet :(

might want to check bevmo, though ive heard some recieve more stock than others. a friend grabbed a case when he saw it and i hope that i can still have 2 of them.

might want to check bevmo, though ive heard some recieve more stock than others. a friend grabbed a case when he saw it and i hope that i can still have 2 of them.

B-Dawg was saying that the ENTIRE set is worth almost $1k.. not just one year..

You might be able to find last year's 070707 sitting in a BevMo somewhere, but certainly not anything before that, let alone the first couple of years.

B-Dawg was saying that the ENTIRE set is worth almost $1k.. not just one year..

You might be able to find last year's 070707 sitting in a BevMo somewhere, but certainly not anything before that, let alone the first couple of years.

ah, i misunderstood. i thought he was talking about the 12th aniversary ale. kiya they opened a toronado down here aswell but i havent checked it out at the moment.

ah, i misunderstood. i thought he was talking about the 12th aniversary ale. kiya they opened a toronado down here aswell but i havent checked it out at the moment.

Yeah.. it's actually a different owner, the guy bought the name from David and was an ex bartender from the original location. I've heard it's good...

Corona with Lime. I know it's frowned upon but I'm a Lightweight, damnit! LOL

went to visit a 'local' brewery this weekend - well yeah, I have to drive about 50 minutes to get there - to add another glass to my collection...

ended up buying two glasses and no beer, they didn't have the beer I wanted for sale at the moment, will pick up a case or two later on though...

rc0c9s.jpg

281eyz5.jpg

I just picked up this 11%ABV beast today to cope with the pain of restretching out my Iron Hearts and Samurais. If it's good, I'll be getting another to cellar, but at $10, it's gonna have to be special, as I'm stopping by Russian River brewery on my way to the Bay next week.

DSCF1617.jpg

On another topic, I pose the idea of this thread getting moved to superculture with the wine/food threads. This doesn't really seem like a superlists thread.

I've PM'd three different people about getting this moved to superculture and having the name changed and zero of the mods have responded.