state your beer, drinkers

We could always just start up a new thread and tell the people that say use the search function or link to this thread to suck it.

I have cracked the Black Butte XX and it was really delicious for the first 1/3rd of the bomber, but it's getting a bit rough, though that might be because of yesterday's hangover, or the fact that it's still the middle of the day.

Anyone with Russian River brews experience care to share their experiences on what is worth getting there?

Somebody join me in this. I'm starting a beer of the day post for my facebook account, and I figured I'd post them here too. Lets bring some life to this thread, and let our fellow enthusiasts know about our favorite beers! I mean, I'm no expert on elaborating upon the nuances of beers, but it's fun to try and describe the ineffable subtleties of these oh so important beverages

DSCF1623.jpg

From Brouwerij Van Steenberge, this mighty and dark tripel weighs in at 10.5% ABV, but you wouldn't know it. Now, maybe I'm biased, as the Belgian tripel is my favorite type of beer, but this is some great stuff. The peppery potent alcohol bite is balanced by the fruity notes so characteristic of the fizzy and delicious tripel. A buttery hint and lavish mouth feel round out this wonderful brew.

I am drunk, so if this sounds corny or lame, I apologize.

I've PM'd three different people about getting this moved to superculture and having the name changed and zero of the mods have responded.

theres a few threads that could be moved around. kiya you going to be down here for the stone 12 anniversary? maybe bdawg also?

b-dawg: +rep on starting friday right. drinking st bernadus 12 right now...debating on opening my 22 oz gulden draak after this then head out for more.

Mmmm, I have my St. Bernardus Abt 12 special edition tin sitting right next to me right now, unfortunately the beer is long gone! A 22 of Gulden Draak sounds nice. I would still be drinking mine if it was a 22, haha.

DSCF1625.jpg

Piraat, another brew from Belgium's Brouwerij Van Steenberge, is an IPA. A Belgian IPA. I would most succinctly describe it as a more bitter tripel. This may be the most potent IPA I've tried, except perhaps Stone's anniversary ales, but it's as different an IPA as I've tasted. While the texture and mouth feel are rich, the sharp bite and pastoral, grassy notes say otherwise. Overall this beer pleases with the fruity, citrusy hints we love in a tripel, the bitter, hoppy contrast we'd all expect from an India Pale Ale, and an alcoholic punch necessary for someone who needs a good amount of liquoring up in their life.

DSCF1627.jpg

Eel River's organic IPA is your standard American microbrew IPA. It's not the best I've had, but it's far from the worst. It pours with a nice thick head, hearty aroma, and ample lacing as you enjoy. It has a decent ABV at 7.2%, and it has that good, bitter IPA bite. My friend and I decided we could "taste the organic" in this one. There's just something grassy and natural about it. In a good way. This is one of the better run of the mill IPAs I've had, hoppy and citrusy, and at $24.19 total for a 24 pack at Costco, who's complaining?!

i havent seen this at this at the trader joes around me, im guessing its sold out out close to me.

It may be seasonal, but I've been going to the same Trader Joe's by my house for over a year now and haven't ever seen it out of stock at any point. Probably limited to certain high-volume stores, or something like that. Considering most of Unibroue's larger bottles are $7 and up, it's a pretty good value.

Swung by BevMo today. Picked up two bottles each of:

lSSPorterLogo.jpg

untitled_Choc.bmp

258821k.jpg

Wish I could make it to the Stone 12th anniversary event. My buddy lives down in Oceanside, so it'd be an easy drive from his place. Unfortunately (and fortunately), I will be in NYC that weekend. Shit.

Also, can't remember if someone was saying that certain stores are limiting the amount of 12th anniversary you can buy, but the BevMo on Santa Monica in West Hollywood has cases of it and definitely no limit to buy. $5.99 a bottle.

On a side note, put in a request to move this to Superculture as well. Let's see if it works.

I just realized I've been drinking much less porter/stout lately. I need to get back on that wagon. Now I just gotta find some Black Butte....

i havent drank much porter, and the ones i did tasted like butt such as the black butt which was brewed by some humbolt county brewery.

Wish I could make it to the Stone 12th anniversary event. My buddy lives down in Oceanside, so it'd be an easy drive from his place. Unfortunately (and fortunately), I will be in NYC that weekend. Shit.

Also, can't remember if someone was saying that certain stores are limiting the amount of 12th anniversary you can buy, but the BevMo on Santa Monica in West Hollywood has cases of it and definitely no limit to buy. $5.99 a bottle.

i havent heard of bevmo limiting sales but getting limited shipment. im going to have to keep my eyes out for that trader joes ale.

I like it better in a can. It has a widget like Guinness that makes it delectable. No beer of the day for a while, I had my 22nd b-day yesterday, and of course I drank too much. The good news is that my friend brought me a couple bottles of the 12th!

stopped by alesmith brewery today on a random tip. i guess the folks from ratebeer.com were there on a san diego brewery tour. got to try cask anvil esb and a special speedway stout which i already forgot the story behind. samples of beer were only .50 but since i ended up buying 2 bottles of 2006 grand cru i got to drink for free.

I like the Rogue chocolate stout more than the young's but i find myself being able to find young's at a few non-dedicated beer bars near me so i drink it anyways.

That stone brew england posted looks fucking great. I'm gonna have to check my local store.

when i was in London with my friend and my brother, he took us to this pub and we had 2 pints of Carlings each off the tap, right after having watched an Arsenal game... I did not want to leave... that stuff is sooooo good... the smoothest, most refreshing beer ive ever had... and im not a big beer drinker, does anyone know where i can get Carlings in the states?!