DJs?

i've been taking classes at a local studio

and if i really get into it, im gonna buy my setup.

ive been practicing crab scratch for the past week or so.

i might want to start fucking with ableton.... 0 experience.

uc33 vs. mpd24?

This doesnt make any sense one is a drum machine, a very good one at that the other is an interface. Get them both. Here is a great example of what you can do with a uc-33e: Frivolous live

8lglpD5lRig

one of my favourite artists at the moment.

im really serious about starting to dj...i want to use mp3s so i guess im gonna go the Serato route...i want to start out by just playing around with it and learning...any suggestions on turntables,mixers,ect???should i just get the standard 1200's

yeh mang go the 1200' or 1210's depends if you want black or grey/silver turntables. As far as a mixer goes, i would reccomend someing like Rane, Allen & Heath, Pioneer. It drepends on how much cash you have and what kind of music and mixing you plan to be doing. If you wan't to use serato then i would suggest the Rane TTM 57sl:

http://www.rane.com/ttm57sl.html

Thats your best bet. It pays to spend some serious cash, the TTM will keeps its market value for quite a while as well so if it turns out you don't like then sell it.

peace

• 2 weeks later...

Posting this up across a couple of threads since it's down to the wire (and I figure there's some knowledgeable folks who read most all of them):

I've been using a pirate'd version of Arkaos for triggering video on a midi keyboard that for some reason has stopped recognizing the video I use.

First question: does anyone have a copy of this for OS X they'd be willing to let me use their serial number / copy for a few days? Or alternatively, anywhere online that I could... borrow it?

Second question: Alternatives? I use some flash files at the moment but I could probably convert all of them to any format (.mpg / .avi) if you know another program that would let me trigger / loop video clips through a midi keyboard (again, for OS X)

Appreciate any help! Excuse the thread crossposting, but I need info fast.

I guess it's too late now but for the future YES. It's very easy to replace those.

As my senior project we built an all digital mixer, only numark had one on the market back then so it was pretty cool. I believe my friend even dj'ed one party with it.

• 2 weeks later...
oops i meant to ask mpd24 vs. padkontrol.

any other things to look at besides the uc33e?

They are both good, it's not often you come across a pad kontrol. I would say stick with the mpd though... Unless you want to fuck with the pads. I want the Pad kontrol my self. anyone?

as for the uc33e question. I will have a think about it and get back later when im less tired and can be bothered.

damn, nice attention to detail - pretty $$$$ though

Reverse backprint

Safe powercable

Handles to protect the front switches

Dual Headphone jacks

Asymettrical Outputs + XLR outs

oh yeah, its a beast !

but to much to deal with between cost/availability to try and get one.

so a ttm 56 for me