Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

guys im thinking of getting 301s but still confused about the sizing. does it stretch more than an inch? i wear 28 in nudie thin finn and fit me pretty well on the waist. i can fit into size 27 of APC PS as well. do i go for 28 or 29 in 301s? thanks in advanced guys.

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=71&products_id=408

http://www.ironheart.co.uk/html/qanda.htm#sizing

guys im thinking of getting 301s but still confused about the sizing. does it stretch more than an inch? i wear 28 in nudie thin finn and fit me pretty well on the waist. i can fit into size 27 of APC PS as well. do i go for 28 or 29 in 301s? thanks in advanced guys.

You'd be a 29 in the 301s, if they're snug at first they'll stretch out a hair within a week.

My 301's have stretch alot. I suggest going with the 28. I wear a much larger size but I wear a 36 in a Thin Finn and a 36 in the 301's. Over time I feel the 301's have stretch as much or even more than my thin finns. Hope this helps.

got my SEXIH07's yest, and with all the snow and Christmas hype i never got to give em attention. finally got em on, all buttoned up, and im really diggin the fit! top block and thighs are perfect! love how rigid they look and feel. now im just hoping the fit doesnt change a great deal after the initial soak....

im gunna do 30min/ice cold.

got my SEXIH07's yest, and with all the snow and Christmas hype i never got to give em attention. finally got em on, all buttoned up, and im really diggin the fit! top block and thighs are perfect! love how rigid they look and feel. now im just hoping the fit doesnt change a great deal after the initial soak....

im gunna do 30min/ice cold.

is the initial soak just a preference?

The denim on these is actually unsanforized, so the soak would be mainly for shrinkage purposes as opposed to soaking the regular 21 oz iron heart denim, which is completely based on preference. So, a pre-soak would be more than just personal preference.

my mistake i was assuming that Vinneus got the BK version ><

Well, the selfedge site pretty much clearly says how much they will soak with a hot soak ~40 minutes. Even though the body definitely has some give, you may just want to wear them through the soak if you want to keep the fit as close to the pre-soak fit as possible. That will ensure that they shrink to fit the proportions of your body and that they do not shrink more than you like in certain areas. Its worked well for me with other jeans.

Well, the selfedge site pretty much clearly says how much they will soak with a hot soak ~40 minutes. Even though the body definitely has some give, you may just want to wear them through the soak if you want to keep the fit as close to the pre-soak fit as possible. That will ensure that they shrink to fit the proportions of your body and that they do not shrink more than you like in certain areas. Its worked well for me with other jeans.

Good idea. I also find that this works. It is particularly important on the first soak. You can also wash/soak them air dry a good bit and wear them when they are only damp. That will have the same effect if sitting around in super heavy wet jeans in the winter is not your idea of fun. Mind you, they will continue to shrink a bit over the subsequent 2-3 soaks. Ice cold water is not needed. A cold soak will shrink the jeans minimally and almost settle the fiber. I said almost! They will also stretch back. I think the 634SR will stretch back about 1-1.5 inches in the waist.

Also keep in mind that Haraki-san recommends against wearing them for as long as possible without soaking. He recommends to soak them when you first get them. The reason is to make the really stiff material soften up a bit because otherwise the friction of the material will have to much abrasion on the threads and you will shorten the lifespan of your jeans. This is what explains the bad shape of JackCranks 9634 jeans after only four months.

The soak will not change the color of the jeans. The surplus die that you do lose will be gone anyway on your first wash. So soak them a couple of times, make sure the jeans are the right fit. Then wear for as long as you like or can stand the smell, then wash.

If you want to accelerate the abrasion, you can spot starch certain areas. But overall the cloth needs to be softened first or you risk seam blowouts.

i don't know if this has been addressed but how does the denim on the 634SRs gain the extra 1.5-2 oz? i have a pair and i've been wondering...

also does the denim on the sexih07 "gain weight" as well?

No idea for the 07. The 634SR will gain weight in water so to say. Apparently this is a permanent gain. No water no gain.

Till

thanx tfar, im familiar with the "damp stretch" trick, been doin it with flat heads for a while, just scared how that will feel(hurt) with these beauties. HAHA i got em up in the super market, as an interest check for now, might got with 634s and not even have to worry about any of this....

Just copped a pair of the 301S last night. My first ever pair of raw jeans were the 634S and I fell in love with the 21 oz denim. Lovin' the cut so far. Very reminiscent of the Dior 19 cm cut, but with quality denim. I love my Dior 19's, but the denim quality leaves much to be desired. Now I have the best of both worlds.

Finally got my 634SR.

Words cannot describe how ridiculously heavy and rigid it is. It took me about 10 minutes to button the top and I just gave up on the other buttons. Another 10 minutes just to turn them inside out. My pre-soak measurements for size 33 came to about 16.5inches flat, with the length about 34.25inches. Its soaking right now so I will take post-soak measurements later on. I already know it is going to be insane with the bathroom button action so I'm laying low from the coffee to minimize my bathroom trips (just thinking out loud here folks...) Anyway, here are some pics.

4208013480_4631bac959.jpg

4208013844_012bb587dd.jpg

4207253027_a48269a9f0.jpg

All I can say is that 23oz denim don't play around... they're serious business.

After a quick 35 min soak, 20 min tumble dry and still a bit damp....waaallaah:

The Invisible Denim Man

4207327015_47200ff9c7.jpg

(I never thought that I would actually see a denim stand on its own)

Pre-soak waist was 33inches, now about 31... Length before was 34.25 inches, now about 33inches.

Took me only about an hour to button them up resulting in some sexy indigo drenched fingers.

4207610517_4b304dd756.jpg

4208374444_0546e6578c.jpg

Its quite a workout to unbutton these SRs so I will probably sleep with them... oh la la :)