High Fashion Mountaineering Boots...

RAISED BY WOLVES

Yeah. I didn't buy them for fashunz, they're perfect for actually using. They're also seconds from the Danner outlet, so it's much easier to beat them up when the price tag was about the same or even less than most hiking boots that I'd snag at REI.

I haven't treated them with anything. Wasn't really planning on it, although maybe I should. Any votes?

Hey seafinch, how warm are the danners? I was thinking about getting a pair....and your post made me curious about whether they'd be warm enough for autumn/spring in Jackson, WY. They aren't lined, right?

Pics look great btw.

They're lined with goretex so you're not going to get wet. As far as warmth I've been wearing wool hiking socks so I've been planty warm. I think for Autumn/Spring these are perfect.

Guest White Man's Burden

I know the look has really become ubiquitous, but I've always felt those JP's are the perfect hiking boot.

Kinda makes me regret getting a standard pair of ML2s.

Hi there,

First time posting, can anyone ID these boots/shoes?

belvest4.jpg

For this coming Michigan winter looking for some hiking style boots to wear when going between parking and office, running out at lunch, walking the dogs and so on - but want them to be less bulky than typical hiking shoes like Danner, Paraboot, Merrell options yet still have traction. The shoe in the above picture appears pretty close to what I am looking for.

Any ideas?

I think they could be F-Troupe Ramblers but can not decide between those and Fracap M100's. The F-Troupe's don't appear as durable but I know they are relatively non-bulky but not sure how bulky the Fracap M100's are - the photos suggest a more shoe like shape but not sure:

http://us.asos.com/Fracap/Fracap-M100-Leather-Mountain-Boots/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1307223&cid=4209&sh=0&pge=1&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Brown&r=1

Fracap-M100-Leather-Mountain-Boots-1.jpg

Fracap-M100-Leather-Mountain-Boots-3.jpg

Any one know if the Fracaps M100s are typical hiking boot in size/weight? How they fit (I am a US10) or any other options.

cheers

Andrew