High Fashion Mountaineering Boots...

RAISED BY WOLVES

Anybody wanna buy either of these - had to get a quick shot camera battery door is broke . Will take lots of pics when I get a new one next payday don't need it that bad yet.

sz 10 - Mountain boots fit a VERY true size 10 ( not for me ) - worn once to shovel snow realized they are too small .other pair fit "Timb large" like a size 10.5 but are a sz 10 also ( only came in whole sizes )

2z51vgn.jpg

you know what they're worth dont lowball offer me but if anyone is interested just PM me and Ill update you when proper photos are avail .

Got the fracaps. Love.

Just a word of warning though, they have absolutely no traction on slipper snow/ice. I bit it hard twice this weekend while wearing them.

Kind of ironic, since they're called the "Mountaineering Boot". My Danner Mountain Lights may be heavier, but they kick ass in winter conditions.

vasque.jpg

Although these are not exactly "high fashion," I snapped a couple of pics of my old Vasque Sundowners after I gave them an Obenauf's treatment last night. These boots have climbed the New England Hundred Highest, several other significant summits, and spent some time trooping through Brooklyn. These are due for their second resole soon--I never really liked the Skywalk sole as much as the Vibram, and the Skywalk has very little grip left. Although these are no longer my go-to boots for the mountain, I still wear them quite frequently out there. After the new resole I may keep wearing them or relegate them to city boot status.

PS--Boots were placed by the radiator for the Obenauf's to sink in--I'm also drying my firewood--looks like a Timberland display, I know...

They can be resoled, yeah--these have been resoled once before. I forget who I had do it--it was probably ten years ago now when I had it done and I went through Vasque to do it. This time I'm going to send them to Dave Page in Seattle--he's supposedly the best at this type of stuff. Be careful though, it's always a risk that the boots won't fit the same after resoling, although I've heard that Dave is the best at avoiding this problem. Getting Vibrams on them shouldn't be a big deal--I was planning on getting Vibrams on these when I send them in. Ideally, I'd like to get the original Vibram that was on there back on, but that sole may be long gone. I'll keep you posted.

-1-2.jpg

Bad iPhone pic of my Diemme 'New Tirol'. Very comfortable and solid. Amazing construction. Looking forward to wearing them. Probably not going to happen until it cools down a bit.

I'm battling with these boots right now. Afraid that the fit just isn't for me. I made the mistake of assuming that they'd break-in to fit, but I'm not sure it's going to work out. If anyone is interested, they'd fit a US8.5-9 best, they're brand new, I would probably let them for for $200. You can PM me.

They can be resoled, yeah--these have been resoled once before. I forget who I had do it--it was probably ten years ago now when I had it done and I went through Vasque to do it. This time I'm going to send them to Dave Page in Seattle--he's supposedly the best at this type of stuff. Be careful though, it's always a risk that the boots won't fit the same after resoling, although I've heard that Dave is the best at avoiding this problem. Getting Vibrams on them shouldn't be a big deal--I was planning on getting Vibrams on these when I send them in. Ideally, I'd like to get the original Vibram that was on there back on, but that sole may be long gone. I'll keep you posted.

Ha...glad you mentioned "Seattle Dave" Page...I just made that up...but it should catch on like Class 5 as the go to for 60/40's and anoraks next to Sierra D. Anyways...if I didn't mention Seattle Dave before, I certainly meant to after having an enlightening conversation about getting my Danners resoled (when I purchased them) at Tent&Trails last year. The helpful clerk told me about Dave and his numerous presses and apprentices. Definitely has a rep as being the "real deal".

I'm battling with these boots right now. Afraid that the fit just isn't for me. I made the mistake of assuming that they'd break-in to fit, but I'm not sure it's going to work out. If anyone is interested, they'd fit a US8.5-9 best, they're brand new, I would probably let them for for $200. You can PM me.

Shame...those are nice.

BUY THEM IF YOU CAN FIT THEM.

forget high fashion - i need a pair of hiking boots for a trip i'm planning, and i don't want to bring my danners. light weight, water proof, going to be a two week trip with about a weeks worth of hiking scattered, but not backpacking. don't care about looks. anyone have any input or some sites i can check to read up on hiking gear?

thanks.

lol why not the danners again? if its not backpacking who gives a shit about weight

two things - i've had trouble breaking them in, and i've never done a trip with them, so i don't want to be stranded with them just in case. also, they're the japanese mountain light, and i don't want to completely fuck them up, because i wear them when not hiking too.

two things - i've had trouble breaking them in, and i've never done a trip with them, so i don't want to be stranded with them just in case. also, they're the japanese mountain light, and i don't want to completely fuck them up, because i wear them when not hiking too.

Can you, or anyone else, give me specific info on how the sizing runs on the Japanese Danners? Particularly the DJ Mountain Light.