High Fashion Mountaineering Boots...

RAISED BY WOLVES

The other pair are darker tan (same material as the tan christy's i posted previously) silver hardware and black laces.

I don't know what you mean about 'tags' but there is no J.Crew branding if thats what you're asking.

IMG_5083.jpg

this is really making me regret the pair of regular ML2's that i just copped...

they're smaller and narrower than RWs.
I wear a US size 9 for the RW 875 and Danner ML II.

I usually wear a size 10 sneaker.

i have a tough time believing that the jp EE widths are narrower than D RWs?

Thank you for the info and insight. Shoes are pain in the ass to order -especially outside EU...

good news that tres bien is getting diemmes as I've been feeling these tirols for a bit

dntc1_3159.jpg

I remember gnar mentioned some issues

i wondered if they were good for hiking or just looked good

Sick boots. Totally bombproof. I got my sizing issues straightened out and I'm stoked on them. Buy your true size, don't expect them to stretch. They'll break in your feet before you break them in. If they ain't comfortable out of the box they don't fit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kampala is pretty much a second-hand clothing gold mine. I don't get a lot of time to walk around the shops, but the other day I was walking the street and caught sight of these:

IMG_0845.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

anybody heard of "Woodstone"?

The fleece lining looked a little worn but otherwise they were in damn-near perfect condition.

I'm not a huuuuuge fan of the hiking-boot look, but I'm a sucker for blue suede shoes. Unfortunately they're about a size big on me (I was wearing dress socks and my toes were touching the end of the boot). The seller's first price was 60,000 shillings (~$30), which means I probably coulda talked her down to $15-20. I Wish they'd fit!

• 2 weeks later...