Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

wai ur feet so big? wai u so big? what race are you? big black?
he's on dat andre the giant steez, towering over a room full of azuns at Sid's show.

CORNED SPEAKS DA TROOF

WE WAS LIKE

ANDRE THE GIANT n DA OTHER DOOD FROM PRINCESS BRIDE

DATS WHATS UP.

Why's that? They are great shoes... I suppose you know something I don't?

I actually partially disagree with servo's post, ferragamo does make nice shoes, although you can get some at thrift stores for much less than $35 (that seems very high for thrift store, where are you?). however, this is a great case of someone buying the cluthingz just for the brand. if they were made by boss, would you have even given them a second look? the shoes themselves are unremarkable, and while they may be well made, and have the Salvatore Ferragamo label, there's nothing at all interesting about them.

I actually partially disagree with servo's post, ferragamo does make nice shoes, although you can get some at thrift stores for much less than $35 (that seems very high for thrift store, where are you?). however, this is a great case of someone buying the cluthingz just for the brand. if they were made by boss, would you have even given them a second look? the shoes themselves are unremarkable, and while they may be well made, and have the Salvatore Ferragamo label, there's nothing at all interesting about them.

My experience is primarily anecdotal and partially hearsay, so you could very well know better than I - personally, I've never been impressed by the feel of them and most of the ones that I see in thrift stores strike me as even less impressive.

My experience is primarily anecdotal and partially hearsay, so you could very well know better than I - personally, I've never been impressed by the feel of them and most of the ones that I see in thrift stores strike me as even less impressive.

The Tramezza line is well-made the rest isn't but if you like the style...

Those Studio line Ferragamos tend to be on the cheaper end nowadays, rubber soles, etc, and yeah I suppose $35 for them at the salvos might be a bit high (particularly considering the style of those things). I probably would have a hard time paying more than $150 or so for a new pair, as they drop to that much at the sales usually.

They were once pretty well made though, I have a pair of Studio captoes that must be 10 years old now, leather soled and they still look pretty nice and wear well.

ferragamo does make nice shoes, although you can get some at thrift stores for much less than $35 (that seems very high for thrift store, where are you?).

As I understand it, he picked up the shoes at a vintage store, which probably operates like a consignment shop. Consignment >< Thrift: the former usually has better selection, less Hanes/Old Navy/WalMart's generic branding crap; the trade-off is higher pricing (or truer to market value, one might say) across the board, so less chance you'd find diamonds in the rough.

$35 seems about on par for consignment, and a bit less than what he'd have to pay for the same shoes on eBay. So yeah, if he likes it, not a bad deal at all...

The Tramezza line is well-made the rest isn't but if you like the style...

Tramezzas are very well made, Lavblahblah Origionale (sp) is blake welted with nice leather, Studio is cemented trash with decent leather, only for those who wear dress shoes once or twice a year, and the leather doesn't even shine particularly well. All of this is irrelevant, cuz the shoes in question are ugly as sin.

What the hell? Those are out?!

I've been waiting for those since they first went up on the website. Can you comment on the fit Dunkin?

I got a size 10E and i normally wear 10D in most shoes/ boots. I have a pair of the same boot but in the black cordovan and the fit compared to those is slightly tighter then when i first tried them on. it will likely stretch with wear but the tan boots do seem slimmer and a bit pointier then the cordovan ones.